Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Followed closely by jalfrezi , with biriyani bringing up the rear
    What about a phal?

Re: Butter chicken , my favourite curry

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What about a phal?
    Well that definitely brings up your rear

Me and 'er' indoors did a Mikey Rayer yesterday watching the Rugby, the New Inn put on curry and chips as a freebie, it smelt bloody lovely but I must one of the only people in Wales who doesn't like a curry, I love the smell of it but just cannot eat it (and i have tried)!!, fair play though, the shitter was honking in the evening!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Me and 'er' indoors did a Mikey Rayer yesterday watching the Rugby, the New Inn put on curry and chips as a freebie, it smelt bloody lovely but I must one of the only people in Wales who doesn't like a curry, I love the smell of it but just cannot eat it (and i have tried)!!, fair play though, the shitter was honking in the evening!!
    More information, please.

For anyone here who are fans of the curry served in Chinese takeaways then I highly recommend the 227g frozen sachets B and M sells at 50p a go called Mayflower Chinese Style Curry Sauce. Just bung it in a microwave for a while and hey presto.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

For anyone here who are fans of the curry served in Chinese takeaways then I highly recommend the 227g frozen sachets B and M sells at 50p a go called Mayflower Chinese Style Curry Sauce. Just bung it in a microwave for a while and hey presto.
    The curry sauce served in chinese takeaways is shocking and if you order a curry from a chinese all they do is pour the same sauce over onions and beef or chicken or pork

Horrible stuff

Wash your mouth out

What do you mean by a “Mikey Rayer” ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What do you mean by a “Mikey Rayer” ?
    All dayer

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    All dayer
    Very colloquial. The international term is a 'Leo Sayer'

All dayer
    Stuff of legends in Llandaf North is yer Mike Rayer

Followed closely by jalfrezi , with biriyani bringing up the rear
    Marks and Spencer's do a very nice butter curry

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stuff of legends in Llandaf North is yer Mike Rayer
    Was he not from Millbank?

All dayer
    👍😂

If anyone wants to make British Indian restaurant style curries at home then try looking up Misty Ricardo on YouTube. You will never need to buy a curry again. I do a batch of his base gravy up in pots and freeze them. Also explains how to Pre cook your chicken or lamb in different videos.
    I have both his books and I recommend anyone that likes cooking curry at home to first try any of his recipes on YouTube and then buy his books.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

It also comes in powder form, in a box. Still called mayflower and it is exactly the same as the curry you get from the Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    It also comes in powder form, in a box. Still called mayflower and it is exactly the same as the curry you get from the Chinese.
    Yeah and its bloody rancid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    If anyone wants to make British Indian restaurant style curries at home then try looking up Misty Ricardo on YouTube. You will never need to buy a curry again. I do a batch of his base gravy up in pots and freeze them. Also explains how to Pre cook your chicken or lamb in different videos.
    I have both his books and I recommend anyone that likes cooking curry at home to first try any of his recipes on YouTube and then buy his books.
    The book I swear by is The Curry Guy by Dan Toombs, sounds similar to your fella. I do the same thing as you with batches of base and precooked meat put them into 2 portion zip lock bags . He has a great Madras powder recipe which I make jars of from roasting the whole spices and grinding them down... makes as good a Madras (my go to) as any curry house.

https://greatcurryrecipes.net/recipes/

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The book I swear by is The Curry Guy by Dan Toombs, sounds similar to your fella. I do the same thing as you with batches of base and precooked meat put them into 2 portion zip lock bags . He has a great Madras powder recipe which I make jars of from roasting the whole spices and grinding them down... makes as good a Madras (my go to) as any curry house.

https://greatcurryrecipes.net/recipes/
    Madras is too hot for me

I hate kormas but quite like the creamy , buttery curry base

I will go as far as a jalfrezi but anything more and my arse is open for business for a week

Yeah and its bloody rancid stuff
    An ex colleague of mine, Indian chap has been in the UK for 12 years (approx.) reckons that there are only 3 gaffs in Cardiff who produce propa legit Indian Curry, forget the names, but one in City Road, one in Crwys road and AN Other, I did see the chap a few weeks ago and he made me an Indian curry for 'er indoors' he's done a few (Curry's!!!) for her over the past few years, Doris has it as, the best curry that she has tasted.

An ex colleague of mine, Indian chap has been in the UK for 12 years (approx.) reckons that there are only 3 gaffs in Cardiff who produce propa legit Indian Curry, forget the names, but one in City Road, one in Crwys road and AN Other, I did see the chap a few weeks ago and he made me an Indian curry for 'er indoors' he's done a few (Curry's!!!) for her over the past few years, Doris has it as, the best curry that she has tasted.
    Well being from Leicester doris would know her curry , ask her about narborough road

Well being from Leicester doris would know her curry , ask her about narborough road
    I've been along the Narborough road many times, it's on the main route from Hinckley to Filbert Street, she never went into Leicester that much as a teenager (that's what she tells me 🤣) not so easy to get back to Hinckley then.

Lamb vinda, with vinegar and potatoes. Bloody lush.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Was he not from Millbank?
    Family in LLandaf North who he played for