+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

The clue to my age is in the handle -51 so I’m halfway in age terms me thinks
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    You can’t grow a rasher of bacon!!
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs ������
    Could have been the year you started watching City? I certainly thought you were older than 51, you sound like my old man.

The sort of meat alternative products that are on offer are a replica of meat products that have been manufactured and not grown though. Unless you think a beefburger, mince, sausages.etc just grows into that shape naturally

Its just the shaping of different ingredients. Just because its a plant based diet it doesnt mean it has to come in the shape of a plant

Beef doesnt come in the shape of a cow, lamb as a sheep.etc

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    It’s not the veganism
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂
    What and you think that you open a pig up it's already "naturally" sliced into rashers of bacon?! And it's not a natural law of earth that it's natural to eat a pig, we've decided it and now it's what we're used to. What's more natural to you? Eating a plant based burger or eating a dog? Serious question.

As has been said above, with regard to the vegan products themselves, it's because they like the taste of meat but have decided not to eat it because they don't want animals to be slaughtered.

I don't eat meat. I miss it though, I loved it but I just don't think it's right that animals die for what I want so I don't eat it. The closer the meat free alternatives can get to the real thing for me the better. It's not hard to understand at all, what I don't understand is why some meat eaters care at all about what meat free products taste and look like, let alone get annoyed by it. It doesn't affect you.

You talk about not wanting vegans to preach at you, but here you are preaching that "the world has gone MAD" because they try to replace something with something similar.

Also, your caveman talk is ridiculous. They used to dig a hole and shit in then wipe their ass with their hands as well, should we still be doing that because "it's natural"? Pretty sure they never opened each other up and transplanted working organs in to replace faulty ones either, should we not be doing that because it's "not natural"? If you have a bad accident will you be refusing blood from a donor because it's "not natural"? It's like a 10 year olds level of simplifying a subject.

Things change and evolve, get used to it because not everyone's a 51 year old straight, Irish Catholic male who eats meat. I hope you can learn to live with that.

Oh and to answer your other question - it's two dads. Obviously.