+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

Traditionally a burger or pattie or whatever you want to call it is round in shape and eaten in a bun dressed up occasionally with your lettuce and tomato and pickle and has been the same for a century.
    The same for Sausages
    Made the same way and the same shape for even longer.
    Bacon however being a cut of meat derived from the pig
    The pig is very versatile with several cuts tasting differently- pork shoulder shredded and turned into “Pulled Pork” - pork loin Smoked boiled or brined.

My point is people understandably choose the vegan option and I do agree that it could be healthier but why replicate these traditional meat products with plants?
    Aren’t meat products offensive to a vegan who opposes butchery?
    Why then EAT products that traditionally look like they derive from any animal??
    That’s my point 🤔🤔🤔

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps its because they like the taste but dont agree with the slaughter of animals.
    Absolutely.

It's heart-wrenching what goes on in slaughterhouses and if I could ever stop them single handily, I would do it straight away.

The animals know what awaits them when they're in the line and they're terrified.

I wouldn't eat my dogs, so neither would I eat any other animal.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Vitamin B12 being the obvious candidate although that is artificially added to a lot of non-dairy alternatives and other foods.

Animal rights is one thing but the more pressing reason why we should all take a leaf out of a vegan's book is that of sustainability. There was an excellent documentary on the BBC (last year, I think) on how unsustainable the meat and dairy industry is and the effect it is having on our planet. Bottom line is - we're all eating too much meat and we all have a duty to reduce our intake.
    This ^^^^

Im not going to give up meat because I enjoy it, but I am certainly in the process of reducing my intake.

Personally, I think Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez / Vegan is a terrific champion of the vegan diet. He doesnt make meat eaters feel guilty about the killing of animals like a lot of the vegan activists, instead he tries the softer approach explaining the health benefits, and most importantly, how delicious some of the food can be and as a result hes certainly got me on board to reduce my meat intake.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Traditionally a burger or pattie or whatever you want to call it is round in shape and eaten in a bun dressed up occasionally with your lettuce and tomato and pickle and has been the same for a century.
    The same for Sausages
    The pig is very versatile with several cuts tasting differently- pork shoulder shredded and turned into “Pulled Pork” - pork loin Smoked boiled or brined.

My point is people understandably choose the vegan option and I do agree that it could be healthier but why replicate these traditional meat products with plants?
    Why then EAT products that traditionally look like they derive from any animal??
    That’s my point ������
    You're overthinking it. The products are vegan because they contain no meat or meat byproducts - you're the one assuming that the food is for vegans and that vegans are hypocrites for the products being produced. In this thread alone a few people have told you that they have been trying a more vegan-based diet but they aren't vegans.

If you eat meat, are you a hypocrite if you eat fruits and vegetables? They're for vegans you know!

T
    That’s my point ������
    I'll explain this slowly for you:

The taste of meat isn't offensive to a Vegan. The slaughter and intensive farming of animals as well as the effect that has on the environment is the reason a lot of people are Vegan.

They still like the taste of the traditional stuff but there are moral reasons and health reasons they don't eat it.

Which part of this don't you understand? If a doctor told you tomorrow eating meat was killing you would you never want to taste any of the meat alternatives?

No I disagree
    Your being ridiculous
    The point is vegans want to eat plant based products that look and taste like their meat counterparts

It doesn’t make sense and is a complete contradiction

If you were to ask a load of school kids to explain “ What is a burger 🍔 and what is it made from? they would in the majority say meat !!

The point is vegans want to eat plant based products that look and taste like their meat counterparts

Why?

No I disagree
    Your being ridiculous

If you were to ask a load of school kids to explain “ What is a burger �� and what is it made from? they would in the majority say meat !!
    Here's the definition of a burger from the oxford english dictionary:

meat or other food pressed into a round, flat shape and fried.
    Last edited by Croesy Blue; 03-02-20 at 14:05. Reason: quoted wrong

No I disagree
    Your being ridiculous

If you were to ask a load of school kids to explain “ What is a burger 🍔 and what is it made from? they would in the majority say meat !!
    I’m struggling to understand what point you’re trying to make?

Do you want vegan burgers to not be made at all or would you rather it just wasn’t called a burger?

Why do you even care?

No I disagree
    Your being ridiculous

If you were to ask a load of school kids to explain “ What is a burger �� and what is it made from? they would in the majority say meat !!
    Not if we asked your next door neighbours kids

Heisenberg

No I disagree
    Your being ridiculous

I give up. You asked a question - it's been answered several different ways that make sense to everyone but you (judging by the replies in the thread) - yet we're being ridiculous.

If the answers that school kids give to a question is your barometer for being right, then you should be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Here's the definition of a burger from the oxford english dictionary:
    I made a spicy vegetable burger last week. Its convenient for cooking purposes to make it into a shape of a patty!!!

The clue to my age is in the handle -51 so I’m halfway in age terms me thinks
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    You can’t grow a rasher of bacon!!
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂
    What and you think that you open a pig up it's already "naturally" sliced into rashers of bacon?! And it's not a natural law of earth that it's natural to eat a pig, we've decided it and now it's what we're used to. What's more natural to you? Eating a plant based burger or eating a dog? Serious question.

As has been said above, with regard to the vegan products themselves, it's because they like the taste of meat but have decided not to eat it because they don't want animals to be slaughtered.

I don't eat meat. I miss it though, I loved it but I just don't think it's right that animals die for what I want so I don't eat it. The closer the meat free alternatives can get to the real thing for me the better. It's not hard to understand at all, what I don't understand is why some meat eaters care at all about what meat free products taste and look like, let alone get annoyed by it. It doesn't affect you.

You talk about not wanting vegans to preach at you, but here you are preaching that "the world has gone MAD" because they try to replace something with something similar.

Also, your caveman talk is ridiculous. They used to dig a hole and shit in then wipe their ass with their hands as well, should we still be doing that because "it's natural"? Pretty sure they never opened each other up and transplanted working organs in to replace faulty ones either, should we not be doing that because it's "not natural"? If you have a bad accident will you be refusing blood from a donor because it's "not natural"? It's like a 10 year olds level of simplifying a subject.

Things change and evolve, get used to it because not everyone's a 51 year old straight, Irish Catholic male who eats meat. I hope you can learn to live with that.

Oh and to answer your other question - it's two dads. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I give up. You asked a question - it's been answered several different ways that make sense to everyone but you (judging by the replies in the thread) - yet we're being ridiculous.

If the answers that school kids give to a question is your barometer for being right, then you should be worried.
    I have come to the conclusion hes bored and on the piss take

We aren't playing family fortunes mate

It's very low effort isn't it

What good is a thread like this if no one is getting annoyed and sending abusive DMs

He bottled the being Vegan and being gay are unnatural choices too early imo

Heisenberg

I've come to a slightly different conclusion - that he knew about Madine's fight club because he was on the receiving end of a few heavy blows.

I've come to a slightly different conclusion - that he knew about Madine's fight club because he was on the receiving end of a few heavy blows.
    Or hes got Mad Cows Disease from eating too much meat!!!

Most catholics wouldn't take a heavy blow off another man unless he was wearing a white collar

Heisenberg

Or hes got Mad Cows Disease from eating too much meat!!!
    Which is also how the cows got it.... IT'S NOT NATURAL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's very low effort isn't it

What good is a thread like this if no one is getting annoyed and sending abusive DMs

He bottled the being Vegan and being gay are unnatural choices too early imo
    Showed his hand too early. Hed never make a good poker player.

No I think you’re all mad 😂
    Eating animals and using their body parts is natural.
    You all wear leather shoes and sit on leather chairs
    Take medication containing animal extracts
    Feck me we used to kick around a pigs bladder
    But you can’t get a plant to look or taste like a rasher of bacon I don’t care what you say 😆

The same for Sausages

That’s my point 🤔🤔🤔
    Pigheaded...

Check out the second post.

Something that is morally wrong can also bring great pleasure.

The lives of chickens and pigs and other animals that are used to make food for humans are not worth living. It’s obscene.

I like meat but I vote with my fork.

If god hadn't meant us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them meat-flavoured

I completely agree DivineW with the caged battery hens and pigs but over the water in Gods country most homesteads have a menagerie of livestock and it’s all free range healthy and natural.
    Me da’s prize cow had an electric blanket at night and a mattress of goose down- she was massaged daily and only ate and drank the finest of feed
    The secret me da says was to give her a pint of Guinness every day 😉👍
    Feck the lying Japanese- kobi beef originated in Ireland 🇮🇪
    It was taken to japan via America in the darkest period of our history in 1847 😘👍