+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

Vegans also very in terms of those who won’t wear leather, no leather car seats etc vs those who are dietary only vegans

Ever eat in that greasy vegan place in town... then don’t wear your fur. They get upset by it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    most cheese ( from the UK ) is Veggie, in the EU ( especially in the EU ) and USA, its a lottery

parmesan isnt though ( gorgonzola isnt either ) they contain calf rennet in the ingredient, they cannot be called parmesan or gorgonzola if they do not contain the calf rennet ( as a side note, if you are veggie and want parmesan cheese, you can by veggie " hard cheese " )
    I'm veggie and will only eat cheese that does not contain parts of a calf 's stomach. Similarly I would not eat sweets that contain ground up animal bones, ie gelatine.
    I regret that I have not given up dairy products, but am reducing consumption a lot.

The one thing I find odd is why a vegitarian or vegan would go into an establishment like Macdonalds and order a non meat option...even a coffee.
    If they feel so strong about animal welfare why line the pockets of people who probably have a hand in slaughtering more cows than any other corporation on the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    The one thing I find odd is why a vegitarian or vegan would go into an establishment like Macdonalds and order a non meat option...even a coffee.
    If they feel so strong about animal welfare why line the pockets of people who probably have a hand in slaughtering more cows than any other corporation on the globe.
    Just a thought, when they do walk into one of these establishments, do they do so with leather shoes on?

I don’t understand veggies who don’t eat meat because of animal welfare. The dairy industry is just as brutal as the meat industry, so why abstain from one and not the other?

You assume all vegans are vegans to save animals?

Poor assumption.

I haven’t read the thread but I can imagine how it’s gone. I haven’t eaten meat for nearly 20 years but have never really understood why meat eaters are so militant with their views. Give me a preachy vegan over an ill informed carnivore any day.

Lots of whatabouterism on this thread, as with a lot conversation about veggies/vegans.

For some reason a lot of meat eaters can't go "you don't eat meat for personal reasons? ok" - they go "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS, WHAT ABOUT THAT"

The only thing I can think of is it's insecurity brought on by seeing people making a principled stand about something, it makes people incredibly defensive.

Everybody knows that mass farming is cruel (and if you can convince yourself you don't, give it a quick search on youtube)
    Some people love meat so much they can turn a blind eye, fine - meat's delicious and it's a short life we've got so you might not want to deprive yourself of something you love. That's your choice.

Others decide they'd rather not eat meat, which for some reason is a red rag to some meat eaters and leads to "WHY EAT PRODUCTS THAT LOOK LIKE MEAT? "WHAT ABOUT SHOES" "WHY AREN'T YOU VEGAN THEN" "CAVEMEN ATE MEAT" etc

It's bizarre

Don't get me wrong, I know there's a lot of preachy vegetarians and vegans, but I'd say proportionally there's just as many if not more preachy meat eaters. This thread's a good example - as far as I can see none of the veggies are digging the meat eaters out for their diet choices, not even me and I'm a level 5 vegan - I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    You assume all vegans are vegans to save animals?

Poor assumption.
    Who’s that directed at?

Convenience I guess.

I fear Padraigs fishing expedition has gone rather well.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I fear Padraigs fishing expedition has gone rather well.
    You're thinking of his "Why do Pescatarians.....?" thread.

I am not sure many vegans would go into Macdonalds . Not the ones I have met anyway.
    I guess the practice is getting ever popular when Greggs get fantastic publicity with the vegan sausage roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're thinking of his "Why do Pescatarians.....?" thread.
    Lol.....Very good.

I was out when Louth chipped in . Who probably is Padraig.

Most Veggies eat Cheese and dairy

Vegan = No Dairy ( Milk, Cheese, Eggs ) or anything that comes from a animal
    Do either or both of those tribes appear in any Star Trex episodes

Really quite surprising how many vegans/veggies there are on this board. Perhaps the club should do a FGR and just serve veggie food at CCS.
    You know you want to.

This thread is a nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I'm veggie and will only eat cheese that does not contain parts of a calf 's stomach. Similarly I would not eat sweets that contain ground up animal bones, ie gelatine.
    I regret that I have not given up dairy products, but am reducing consumption a lot.
    Yea we dont eat Geletine either, a bugger when the kids were younger and going to softplay parties, always came out with a " goodie bag " with them small bags of Haribo, had to always remember to take a bag or a safe sweets ( though my girls did like the small bags of rasians ) to swap it with

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just a thought, when they do walk into one of these establishments, do they do so with leather shoes on?
    No leather for me, at Christmas got the wife a pair of Vegan DM's, 140 quid

Normal DMs are like £120 or £130 so not too bad considering

For some reason a lot of meat eaters can't go "you don't eat meat for personal reasons? ok" - they go "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS, WHAT ABOUT THAT"

The only thing I can think of is it's insecurity brought on by seeing people making a principled stand about something, it makes people incredibly defensive
    I think this is a big part of it, I always remember having an arsey opinions of veggies and vegans for this reason when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    END.
    Quite.

See loads of sports stars are also eating more and more of this sort of thing.

I looked into it, but am I **** paying 5 quid for 2 beyond meat burgers!!

What are vegan DM’s made of to be costing that much?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Meanwhile on Cardiff City Lesbian Messageboard the raging debate is why are vibrators penis shaped?
    👏

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Traditionally a burger or pattie or whatever you want to call it is round in shape and eaten in a bun dressed up occasionally with your lettuce and tomato and pickle and has been the same for a century.
    The same for Sausages
    Made the same way and the same shape for even longer.
    Bacon however being a cut of meat derived from the pig
    The pig is very versatile with several cuts tasting differently- pork shoulder shredded and turned into “Pulled Pork” - pork loin Smoked boiled or brined.

My point is people understandably choose the vegan option and I do agree that it could be healthier but why replicate these traditional meat products with plants?
    Aren’t meat products offensive to a vegan who opposes butchery?
    Why then EAT products that traditionally look like they derive from any animal??
    That’s my point 🤔🤔🤔
    Look like.

So they aren't.

You're on a really good wind up here.