+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Why do Vegans.......?

Hey each to their own I don’t care what somebody else chooses as long as they don’t preach it to me.
    Thing is though and it’s a question I’ll probably have to travel to the Himalaya’s to ask a wise man is; - “if you are against eating meat then why would you replicate your plant based food to look like meat products??”
    I just don’t get it!!!!

The new advert for “Plant based Vegan Mayonnaise “ - mayo’s main ingredient is eggs - then they dollop it on a “vegan burger?”
    Add to this the Vegan “Bacon”? accompanied by Vegan Sausages?

Honestly the world has gone MAD

Now I’ve got that off my chest I feel a lot better lol 😂😂👍

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

Perhaps its because they like the taste but dont agree with the slaughter of animals.

Excellent point JR but my next door neighbours are both vegan and have brought their three kids up vegan also.
    None of the kids have ever tasted meat - two of them are pescatarian.
    They are all skinny and sallow in complexion.
    I know it’s a lifestyle choice but ultimately it’s not natural and can’t be good for them.

I tried Vegan sausages and really enjoyed them - I'd have them before "normal" ones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Excellent point JR but my next door neighbours are both vegan and have brought their three kids up vegan also.
    I know it’s a lifestyle choice but ultimately it’s not natural and can’t be good for them.
    I'm not vegan but to say "it's not natural" is very odd. What exactly is natural about the way we slaughter animals on an industrial scale for food?

Doner kebab , onions , tomatoes , green chillies, chilli sauce , portion of chips

Have it

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    I'm not vegan but to say "it's not natural" is very odd. What exactly is natural about the way we slaughter animals on an industrial scale for food?
    Consuming the breast milk of other mammals isn't very natural either

Not all vegans choose to eat meat-like alternatives. I think partly the reason why such foods exist is to try and demonstrate and appeal to carnivores that there is an alternative.

But surely to the kids, if they have been brought up that way from birth then it is natural to them?

Eating meat is natural to us because thats the way weve been fed from birth.

My brother in law is a vegan, but not a pushy one, hes never been healthier. Runs half marathons and marathons all the time.

Ive been cutting back on meat and am trying to be pescatarian throughout the week. Ill never give up meat completely, and I dont want to either, but I watched the Dirty Vegan programme and thought, do you know what, im going to give some of the recipes a go and theyve been very tasty.

I made a vegan chowder last night and it was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Consuming the breast milk of other mammals isn't very natural either

Not all vegans choose to eat meat-like alternatives. I think partly the reason why such foods exist is to try and demonstrate and appeal to carnivores that there is an alternative.
    My brother in law told me that some of the meat-like alternatives are not very healthy but ok as the odd treat if you are craving junk ie you can get a meat-like alternative donner kebab from Tesco.

He sticks to vegetables and grains and rarely eats the meat-like alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My brother in law told me that some of the meat-like alternatives are not very healthy but ok as the odd treat if you are craving junk ie you can get a meat-like alternative donner kebab from Tesco.

He sticks to vegetables and grains and rarely eats the meat-like alternatives.
    Yes I've heard in a lot of the "meat" alternatives you get lots of salt etc, but good as a treat. (Linda McCartney burgers are really nice)

My mates who are vegan also seem healthier than ever. I've tried to cut down meat but it's just so convenient.

I can see this is a contentious issue where people are quite strong in what they believe in.
    We’ve been hunting and eating meat and fish since the caveman times - that’s what I mean by natural - it’s how people have evolved.
    How do you think Mr and Mrs Caveman reacted when their kids came home and said mum - dad , not only am I gay/lesbian but keep your diplodocus steak because I’m also vegan 🤔

I can see this is a contentious issue where people are quite strong in what they believe in.
    We’ve been hunting and eating meat and fish since the caveman times - that’s what I mean by natural - it’s how people have evolved.
    How do you think Mr and Mrs Caveman reacted when their kids came home and said mum - dad , not only am I gay/lesbian but keep your diplodocus steak because I’m also vegan ��
    Whats being gay got to do with being a vegan?

Yes we may have evolved eating meat but the human race keeps evolving. If some people want to continue evolving without eating meat or dairy products then thats their prerogative. Its evolved a lot since the caveman days so not sure why thats relevant tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes I've heard in a lot of the "meat" alternatives you get lots of salt etc, but good as a treat. (Linda McCartney burgers are really nice)

My mates who are vegan also seem healthier than ever. I've tried to cut down meat but it's just so convenient.
    Agreed. Ill never cut it out of my diet completely but ive cut down loads. Its because of the healthy lifestyle my brother in law has been leading as a vegan that has prompted me to cut down.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I tried Vegan sausages and really enjoyed them - I'd have them before "normal" ones now.
    The normal ones are sausages, and the vegan ones are sausage shaped, but they are not sausages.

My vegan neighbours kids being brought up vegan having never tasted meat is wrong - they should have been given the choice!!
    They have had their parents views forced on them from birth.
    Same as the fecking Jehovah’s next door the other side - ideology of a cult and they are a cult as they are not a recognised denomination of the church - not to mention the two Gay fellas at the top of the street who have adopted a young boy - all the neighbours are talking about it - is it two dads? Mum and dad?
    I personally don’t give a toss but it’s still not natural- back to my original question- why make plant products look like meat products?
    Poor old little Johnny whose parents are forcing him to be vegan (veganism is a religious belief now apparently??)who has never tasted meat will feck his brain even more by giving him plant based replica meat products.
    It’s just not natural

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps its because they like the taste but dont agree with the slaughter of animals.
    END.

My vegan neighbours kids being brought up vegan having never tasted meat is wrong - they should have been given the choice!!
    Same as the fecking Jehovah’s next door the other side - ideology of a cult and they are a cult as they are not a recognised denomination of the church - not to mention the two Gay fellas at the top of the street who have adopted a young boy - all the neighbours are talking about it - is it two dads? Mum and dad?
    I personally don’t give a toss but it’s still not natural- back to my original question- why make plant products look like meat products?
    Poor old little Johnny whose parents are forcing him to be vegan (veganism is a religious belief now apparently??)who has never tasted meat will feck his brain even more by giving him plant based replica meat products.
    It’s just not natural
    You say you dont give a toss and each to their own yet you are ranting about it.

What does it matter if they make plant products shaped like meat products? Its just a shape?!?!

Youve already been given the answer anyway. Its to appeal to meat eaters.

Lol
    Saw the advert this morning and thought it’s soooo wrong 😂🤔
    Making plant based food look like meat products is to me a complete contradiction in terms 😘

Ive been eating Heck chicken sausages as a healthier alternative to pork sausages. Ring the shape police.

Lol
    Saw the advert this morning and thought it’s soooo wrong ����
    Making plant based food look like meat products is to me a complete contradiction in terms ��
    Thats because youre an old man and stuck in your ways.

It’s just not natural
    Padraig's opening line ....

"Hey each to their own I don’t care what somebody else chooses "

You actually sound really bothered by other people's choices, whether they be alternative sexual-orientation, dietary principles or faith.

I think JR Hartley answered your question in the the second post in this thread. The one after your opener. You DONT have to flog that horse.

It’s just not natural
    If kids were given a choice they would eat mcdonalds, chocolate and sweets all day. Its not really how parenting works. If a parent cant control their own childs diet then god help us all.

My niece (2) and nephew (7) are not vegan, neither is my sister, but they do eat a lot of vegan meals within their diet as theres obviously a lot of vegan meals being cooked in the household by my brother in law.

It makes it relatable so the transition is easier.

Let the vegans do what they want so long as it doesn’t impact on us that don’t wish to be vegan

The clue to my age is in the handle -51 so I’m halfway in age terms me thinks
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    You can’t grow a rasher of bacon!!
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂

The clue to my age is in the handle -51 so I’m halfway in age terms me thinks
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    You can’t grow a rasher of bacon!!
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs ������
    Could have been the year you started watching City? I certainly thought you were older than 51, you sound like my old man.

The sort of meat alternative products that are on offer are a replica of meat products that have been manufactured and not grown though. Unless you think a beefburger, mince, sausages.etc just grows into that shape naturally

Its just the shaping of different ingredients. Just because its a plant based diet it doesnt mean it has to come in the shape of a plant

Beef doesnt come in the shape of a cow, lamb as a sheep.etc