+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

Lol
    Saw the advert this morning and thought it’s soooo wrong 😂🤔
    Making plant based food look like meat products is to me a complete contradiction in terms 😘

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Lol
    Saw the advert this morning and thought it’s soooo wrong ����
    Making plant based food look like meat products is to me a complete contradiction in terms ��
    Thats because youre an old man and stuck in your ways.

Ive been eating Heck chicken sausages as a healthier alternative to pork sausages. Ring the shape police.

It makes it relatable so the transition is easier.

Let the vegans do what they want so long as it doesn’t impact on us that don’t wish to be vegan

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It makes it relatable so the transition is easier.
    A bit like a strap on penis then?

The clue to my age is in the handle -51 so I’m halfway in age terms me thinks
    Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    You can’t grow a rasher of bacon!!
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂

Being Irish and a lapsed catholic would give you perhaps some indication of my sexual/ religious views with Ireland until recently stuck in the dark ages I’m afraid- and I say that with a heavy heart.
    It’s not the veganism
    Like I said I don’t give a frig but selling plant based products in the shape of traditional meat products isn’t natural?
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs ������
    Could have been the year you started watching City? I certainly thought you were older than 51, you sound like my old man.

The sort of meat alternative products that are on offer are a replica of meat products that have been manufactured and not grown though. Unless you think a beefburger, mince, sausages.etc just grows into that shape naturally

Its just the shaping of different ingredients. Just because its a plant based diet it doesnt mean it has to come in the shape of a plant

Beef doesnt come in the shape of a cow, lamb as a sheep.etc

It’s not the veganism
    And don’t get me started on fecking Hot Dogs 🌭😂😂
    What and you think that you open a pig up it's already "naturally" sliced into rashers of bacon?! And it's not a natural law of earth that it's natural to eat a pig, we've decided it and now it's what we're used to. What's more natural to you? Eating a plant based burger or eating a dog? Serious question.

As has been said above, with regard to the vegan products themselves, it's because they like the taste of meat but have decided not to eat it because they don't want animals to be slaughtered.

I don't eat meat. I miss it though, I loved it but I just don't think it's right that animals die for what I want so I don't eat it. The closer the meat free alternatives can get to the real thing for me the better. It's not hard to understand at all, what I don't understand is why some meat eaters care at all about what meat free products taste and look like, let alone get annoyed by it. It doesn't affect you.

You talk about not wanting vegans to preach at you, but here you are preaching that "the world has gone MAD" because they try to replace something with something similar.

Also, your caveman talk is ridiculous. They used to dig a hole and shit in then wipe their ass with their hands as well, should we still be doing that because "it's natural"? Pretty sure they never opened each other up and transplanted working organs in to replace faulty ones either, should we not be doing that because it's "not natural"? If you have a bad accident will you be refusing blood from a donor because it's "not natural"? It's like a 10 year olds level of simplifying a subject.

Things change and evolve, get used to it because not everyone's a 51 year old straight, Irish Catholic male who eats meat. I hope you can learn to live with that.

Oh and to answer your other question - it's two dads. Obviously.

I have a lot of vegetarian friends and a few who are vegan - and I can't say that any of them 'preach' to me. I think their position is entirely laudable and we have already seen how people who were once considered as cranks are simply ahead of the game.

Who decides what is natural?

So a vegan sausage isn't natural but shoving sage and onion up a chickens arse hole so it's taste nicer is?

You seem awfully angry about something that doesn't affect you at all.

Also if you're irish catholic are you children baptised?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who decides what is natural?

So a vegan sausage isn't natural but shoving sage and onion up a chickens arse hole so it's taste nicer is?

You seem awfully angry about something that doesn't affect you at all.

Also if you're irish catholic are you children baptised?
    Or putting smiley faces on a slice of ham

Thought it was a quiz where you finish the sentence ?

Anyways here is my answer "Why do Vegans.......? Fart

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    I'm not vegan but to say "it's not natural" is very odd. What exactly is natural about the way we slaughter animals on an industrial scale for food?

As Fred Elliott, the butcher in Coronation Street said many moons ago, " Eee Ashleigh lad, if we weren't meant to eat cows they wouldn't have made them beef flavour".

Priceless and thought provoking lol

I don’t see the relevance of my kids being baptised and hot dogs?

I don’t see the relevance of my kids being baptised and hot dogs?
    You said veganism is being forced on them when they couldn't make a choice. But you signing them up at birth for the world's biggest official peado club is fine?

I did say I’m a lapsed catholic!
    Religion being forced on me was one of the reasons and my paedo parish priest preaching veganism was another.
    I actually married a Welsh woman and sent my kids to Welsh medium school- they and I are proud of the fact that they are fluent in the language.
    I also introduced them to Cardiff City but one of them supports Swansea - I’m serious there - fecking disgrace
    But that’s his choice
    I actually insisted he came to watch Cardiff- he was in the Ninian Stand with me and Chopra scores the winner
    I sat in the Swansea end with him at the liability and Bellers curled an unstoppable shot into the top corner- smug da moment lol 😆

You sound a few pig's arse holes short of a sausage mate.

You let your son support the Jacks yet wouldnt let him drink almond milk!!!!

You got your priorities all wrong Paddy.

The game changers on netflix is a very interesting program , giving the pros for veganism.

Possibly surprising how healthy it can be for you . Having had a Vegan partner I tended to eat what she could eat as she couldn't
    reciprocate. Most of it was quite enjoyable although I prefer having meat in my diet.

Piers Morgan also tends to get his knickers in a twist about calling vegan food after meat foods .

I rest my case Padraig.

I know fecking disgraceful and something I’m sincerely sorry for but the reason is his late mother was from Sandfields estate in Port Talbot and I know topography wise it’s actually on the border of the Swansea- Cardiff divide but all of her brothers were Jacks 🙁

Mad how every rubbish wind up merchant on here is irish.

I don't see how being vegan is unhealthy, what can you get from animals that you can't get from vegan food?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I don't see how being vegan is unhealthy, what can you get from animals that you can't get from vegan food?
    Vitamin B12 being the obvious candidate although that is artificially added to a lot of non-dairy alternatives and other foods.

Animal rights is one thing but the more pressing reason why we should all take a leaf out of a vegan's book is that of sustainability. There was an excellent documentary on the BBC (last year, I think) on how unsustainable the meat and dairy industry is and the effect it is having on our planet. Bottom line is - we're all eating too much meat and we all have a duty to reduce our intake.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Vitamin B12 being the obvious candidate although that is artificially added to a lot of non-dairy alternatives and other foods.

Animal rights is one thing but the more pressing reason why we should all take a leaf out of a vegan's book is that of sustainability. There was an excellent documentary on the BBC (last year, I think) on how unsustainable the meat and dairy industry is and the effect it is having on our planet. Bottom line is - we're all eating too much meat and we all have a duty to reduce our intake.
    This ^^^^

Im not going to give up meat because I enjoy it, but I am certainly in the process of reducing my intake.

Personally, I think Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez / Vegan is a terrific champion of the vegan diet. He doesnt make meat eaters feel guilty about the killing of animals like a lot of the vegan activists, instead he tries the softer approach explaining the health benefits, and most importantly, how delicious some of the food can be and as a result hes certainly got me on board to reduce my meat intake.

Lol I didn’t say it was unhealthy?
    My original question was “Why do vegans want to replicate meat products with plant based food “?

And sorry if you think I’m winding you up Taff 😘

My original question was “Why do vegans want to replicate meat products with plant based food “?
    Because meat tastes nice