+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Why do Vegans.......?

Re: Why do Vegans.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    My vegan neighbours kids being brought up vegan having never tasted meat is wrong - they should have been given the choice!!
    They have had their parents views forced on them from birth.
    Same as the fecking Jehovah’s next door the other side - ideology of a cult and they are a cult as they are not a recognised denomination of the church - not to mention the two Gay fellas at the top of the street who have adopted a young boy - all the neighbours are talking about it - is it two dads? Mum and dad?
    I personally don’t give a toss but it’s still not natural- back to my original question- why make plant products look like meat products?
    Poor old little Johnny whose parents are forcing him to be vegan (veganism is a religious belief now apparently??)who has never tasted meat will feck his brain even more by giving him plant based replica meat products.
    It’s just not natural
    Maybe it's wrong to bring your kids up to eat meat. I eat meat. but have you seen the amount of resources it takes to produce one pound of beef? It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my post was tongue-in-cheek, the latest " fed " will always be pricey
    But it raised a question.

I'm gutted you didn't have a story to accompany your post, you always have a story mun Matt.

It’s been an interesting thread I must say.
    I only posed my original question as it was an honest observation that I couldn’t get my head around.
    For those of you who haven’t read the complete thread and have skipped to end the question was - “Why do Vegans want their plant based food to in some cases to replicate meat products’?
    Bacon- Sausages- steak with dripping blood was one answer - (made from grated beetroot) - BlueMatt or forever as he shall be known in my eyes - “The Wise Old Man from the Himalayas’’ gave us the answer - FAMILIARITY.

But the thread has thrown up other relevant questions I didn’t know existed.

Vegans and the like who oppose the slaughter of animals and I completely get it - purchase other products which are manufactured to look like their animal counterparts but are in fact synthetically man made.
    Examples brought up are Leather goods and even jeans - forget the cost issue - these items are often we’ve been told by posters on here that buy them considerably more expensive - your buying into an ethic and I completely get that - BUT you can’t tell me its cleaner for the planet to produce THESE items than a pound of mince as NYCBLUE referred to??
    Can it???

I rest my steak before putting it on my plate personally. Why would dropping in blood be in the plus column for real meat?

You should always rest a steak Dembe ....good man
    I’m only quoting one of the other posters on the thread 👍

BUT you can’t tell me its cleaner for the planet to produce THESE items than a pound of mince as NYCBLUE referred to??
    Beef farming is one of the worst things for the environment. In the US last year direct emission from cattle contributed 2% of the country's CO2 emissions. That's without any of the processing, packaging, shipping etc.

President Trump has gone on record as saying Global Warming is other governments lies and propaganda- you don’t need to worry about the Co2 emissions!! 🤔

You should always rest a steak Dembe ....good man
    I’m only quoting one of the other posters on the thread 👍
    No worries Kev :)

I've only cracked it 😂

I’m worried 🥚🤔😂

I’m worried 🥚🤔😂
    Taxi for Padraig 😂

Don’t hang up your raincoat just yet 😉🤔

Don’t hang up your raincoat just yet 😉🤔
    Is my guess a rank outsider yeah?

Wouldn't really be fare if I spoiled your identity, so you can carry on having your fun mate

Your an obsessive compulsive lol

I’m Aaron’s da remember 🤔😂

I’m Aaron’s da remember 🤔😂
    I've left the meter ticking on that one

😂😂😂