+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our valleys support is tremendous

Our valleys support is tremendous

Was talking to a city fan from hirwaun the other day , that's one heck of a trek for every home game

These people are tremendous

Make the man united supporting cardiffian look like a prize plum

Re: Our valleys support is tremendous

C'mon, Sludge, however potent the Moroccan funny fags you're puffing this evening no way can a 30-mile journey be described as a trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    C'mon, Sludge, however potent the Moroccan funny fags you're puffing this evening no way can a 30-mile journey be described as a trek.
    Throw in the traffic/crowded trains, it's hours out of your day

40 minute car journey according to google. Double that for there and back and though commendable no medals will be awarded.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hirw...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Hirwaun is about 10 mins from Merthyr, Sludge.

I agree the support in the Valleys is good but it’s not exactly Anglesey where some lads travel from.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    40 minute car journey according to google. Double that for there and back and though commendable no medals will be awarded.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hirw...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    40 minute on a clear day with no match on if you put your foot down. Double that by car on match day.

If you can't use a car, it's even worse. It's bad enough from where I live, the other side of Aberdare. From Hirwaun it would mean bus to Aberdare, train and long walk from Grangetown or change and wait to go to Ninian Park or get the 95 shuttle bus. Allow 2 hours minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    40 minute on a clear day with no match on if you put your foot down. Double that by car on match day.

If you can't use a car, it's even worse. It's bad enough from where I live, the other side of Aberdare. From Hirwaun it would mean bus to Aberdare, train and long walk from Grangetown or change and wait to go to Ninian Park or get the 95 shuttle bus. Allow 2 hours minimum.
    Behave. Over Baverstocks and down the A470 an hour tops. Takes us 40-45 minutes tops allowing for a bit of traffic from my mates house near the retail park in Merthyr. From his house to Hirwaun 10-15 tops.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Behave. Over Baverstocks and down the A470 an hour tops. Takes us 40-45 minutes tops allowing for a bit of traffic from my mates house near the retail park in Merthyr. From his house to Hirwaun 10-15 tops.
    40 mins doubled is an hour and 20. Add time walking to the ground and it won't be far off that.

40 mins doubled is an hour and 20. Add time walking to the ground and it won't be far off that.
    Well unless you live on Sloper Road, or got a car parking space at the ground, everyone’s got a trek to the ground That’s not exactly exclusive to valley folk.

Hirwaun and Aberdare is full of Jacks anyway. Merthyr is getting as bad.

Well unless you live on Sloper Road, or got a car parking space at the ground, everyone’s got a trek to the ground That’s not exactly exclusive to valley folk.
    So my comment was right. About an hour and 20 from Hirwaun to the ground on matchday. Sometimes longer.

Aberdare still more Cardiff. I see far more City shirts than Jack though 5 years ago there were lots more Jack scum up here.

So my comment was right. About an hour and 20 from Hirwaun to the ground on matchday. Sometimes longer.
    Yes and I would say that spending the best part of 3 hours travelling is a pretty good effort on what is one of only two days off a week for a lot of people, especially when there's a good chance that what you're going to watch will be shite

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes and I would say that spending the best part of 3 hours travelling is a pretty good effort on what is one of only two days off a week for a lot of people, especially when there's a good chance that what you're going to watch will be shite
    I get the train down with my boy. Depending on whether we meet up with friends before, it can be an 8-9 hour day out for one game. For me, the social aspect is important. Next season my boy has suggested not having a season ticket but going around lots of local grounds on Saturdays instead. He's not 7 yet!

I for one, commend our valley following.
    If our attendance was just Cardiff we would struggle.
    Great support from the comandos., particularly away as well.
    Blooooooooobirds!

Yes I do agree especially on a cold or wet winter evening game , straight after work, not home until 11ish ,bloody heroes in my book

A long time ago, I went to Hirwaun for the first time, to buy a car off someone. I couldn't believe the amount of pro-Cardiff City graffiti sprayed everywhere, no Swansea, Man Utd etc.
    As a comparison , whenever I visited Llanrumney, I saw virtually nothing. It really did (at the time at least) give me a feeling that Hirwaun was a Cardiff City stronghold.

Aberdare still more Cardiff. I see far more City shirts than Jack though 5 years ago there were lots more Jack scum up here.
    Disappearing like fans in their ground hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    A long time ago, I went to Hirwaun for the first time, to buy a car off someone. I couldn't believe the amount of pro-Cardiff City graffiti sprayed everywhere, no Swansea, Man Utd etc.
    As a comparison , whenever I visited Llanrumney, I saw virtually nothing. It really did (at the time at least) give me a feeling that Hirwaun was a Cardiff City stronghold.
    They feel the need to stamp ones territory up there, not so important in Cardiff suburbs I’d say. I don’t know where hirwaun is, not even really heard of it so the support is commendable, like that of port talbot and Neath areas which is on the doorstep of the hills have eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They feel the need to stamp ones territory up there, not so important in Cardiff suburbs I’d say. I don’t know where hirwaun is, not even really heard of it so the support is commendable, like that of port talbot and Neath areas which is on the doorstep of the hills have eyes.
    Hirwaun is on the outskirts of Aberdare and about 5 miles from Merthyr. It makes Merthyr look like Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Used to be the same in Merthyr "CCFC Pride Of Wales" "Cardiff Aggro".etc.etc. was sprayed over bus stops and the park at the bottom of my street when I grew up.

Theres a new generation in the last decade of Swansea City fans in former Cardiff strongholds. Theres still more Cardiff fans but not the kind of large ratio to Jacks that there used to be.

Theres even Jacks in the Rhondda these days im led to believe.

"they feel the need to stamp ones territory up there"

****ing hell. What a stupid post.

Hirwaun is on the outskirts of Aberdare and about 5 miles from Merthyr. It makes Merthyr look like Monaco.
    Good chippy there, mind.

Not even Helmand makes Merthyr look like Monaco!

Used to be the same in Merthyr "CCFC Pride Of Wales" "Cardiff Aggro".etc.etc. was sprayed over bus stops and the park at the bottom of my street when I grew up.

Theres a new generation in the last decade of Swansea City fans in former Cardiff strongholds. Theres still more Cardiff fans but not the kind of large ratio to Jacks that there used to be.

Theres even Jacks in the Rhondda these days im led to believe.
    I know of Jacks in the Gwent Valleys that have no connection with the dump at all. New fans since they got to the Premier League.

Good effort. Lots of ST holders from various places over the bridge too. Remember reading about a ST holder who lived in Chicago a few years back.