+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our valleys support is tremendous

Re: Our valleys support is tremendous

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good chippy there, mind.

Not even Helmand makes Merthyr look like Monaco!
    I object! Its the jewel of the Valleys.

Bryn , just over the mountain from neath , know several cardiff fans from up there

Cymmer near port Talbot, caerau near maesteg , we are talking long journeys to come and watch cardiff city

Also ebbw vale , blaenavon etc

Poor public transport

These people are fantastic , the valleys support is the pumping lifeblood of this club and always has been , half of Cardiff's population cant be bothered to support the side that represents its city , preferring to ponce about in pubs watching liverpool

When the valley rams were running they had coaches coming from merthyr , aberdare , bridgend , gwent valleys , pontypridd , treorchy , tonypandy etc

As a director of cardiff city once said the heart of this football club may be in cardiff but its soul lies in the valleys

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I object! Its the jewel of the Valleys.
    A couple of years ago I was in Merthyr on market day. Stalls were closing and I happened to be by a stall where there were a load of massive apple pies left that some young man was selling. A woman in front of me paid just a pound for one, so I thought I'd grab a bargain.

"£2.50" I was told one would cost. On questioning why the lady got one for a quid the guy said "but she's got nice tits".....

A couple of years ago I was in Merthyr on market day. Stalls were closing and I happened to be by a stall where there were a load of massive apple pies left that some young man was selling. A woman in front of me paid just a pound for one, so I thought I'd grab a bargain.

"£2.50" I was told one would cost. On questioning why the lady got one for a quid the guy said "but she's got nice tits".....
    Cant argue with that.

Well come on, you can’t beat a lovely pear

Cant argue with that.
    Absolutely

This season has mostly been drab so support from further afield should be recognised. I wonder if that's what the club is doing seeing as every half-time contestant is from the Valleys?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bryn , just over the mountain from neath , know several cardiff fans from up there

Cymmer near port Talbot, caerau near maesteg , we are talking long journeys to come and watch cardiff city

Also ebbw vale , blaenavon etc

Poor public transport

These people are fantastic , the valleys support is the pumping lifeblood of this club and always has been , half of Cardiff's population cant be bothered to support the side that represents its city , preferring to ponce about in pubs watching liverpool

When the valley rams were running they had coaches coming from merthyr , aberdare , bridgend , gwent valleys , pontypridd , treorchy , tonypandy etc

As a director of cardiff city once said the heart of this football club may be in cardiff but its soul lies in the valleys
    Maesteg has always a CCFC stronghold. The supporters club there is officially the oldest CCFC supporters club, over 60 years old. When I used to travel from there in the 70's the busses used to pick up in Glyncorrwg, Abergwynfi, Blaengwynfi, Cymer and Croeserw before coming into the vallay and picking up in Caerau, Maesteg, Garth, Llangynwyd, Coytrahen, Tondu and Aberkenfig. No M4 in those days to get you there quick, down the A48 all the way.

Unfortunately, with the success over the last few years down west, a few Jacks have crept into Maesteg. Still, I'd prefer someone supporting the Jacks than being a Liverpool or Man U plastic any day. Far more respect.

I live over an hour away can I have a statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Maesteg has always a CCFC stronghold. The supporters club there is officially the oldest CCFC supporters club, over 60 years old. When I used to travel from there in the 70's the busses used to pick up in Glyncorrwg, Abergwynfi, Blaengwynfi, Cymer and Croeserw before coming into the vallay and picking up in Caerau, Maesteg, Garth, Llangynwyd, Coytrahen, Tondu and Aberkenfig. No M4 in those days to get you there quick, down the A48 all the way.

Unfortunately, with the success over the last few years down west, a few Jacks have crept into Maesteg. Still, I'd prefer someone supporting the Jacks than being a Liverpool or Man U plastic any day. Far more respect.
    The crown is a big city pub , also the oak in bryncethin

On a similar but different note, massive respect to the North Walian Welsh lads who travel down for the internationals. Midweek games a lot of em too. Fair play

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    On a similar but different note, massive respect to the North Walian Welsh lads who travel down for the internationals. Midweek games a lot of em too. Fair play
    Atmosphere is always better when they're down. Fans from far west too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Atmosphere is always better when they're down. Fans from far west too.
    Not just north wales though , holyhead , right out on a limb !

I remember a coach load of them in cardiff for the welsh cup game v Wrexham many years back , not a minibus , a 52 seater rammed packed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not just north wales though , holyhead , right out on a limb !

I remember a coach load of them in cardiff for the welsh cup game v Wrexham many years back , not a minibus , a 52 seater rammed packed
    Thats what you call committed supporters. Fair ****s to them.

All these fans from around Wales are all born and bread there too I imagine? It’s not like they would have moved there from Cardiff which makes it even more remarkable. Long may it continue. The city of cardiff is a weird one when it comes to watching football, so many plastics who aren’t really fans but just go to the pub and follow one if the big 6. With a population soon to hit half a million if you include penarth we must have the worst % of support of any club in the uk in its home city. Too many English? Students? General foreign folk with no allegiance? Seems to be so many foreign people in the city these days which I think is great in so many ways mind.

Hirwaun and Aberdare is full of Jacks anyway. Merthyr is getting as bad.

Really? Jesus. Merthyr used to be a Cardiff stronghold.