+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players autographs

Players autographs

I'm hoping to get a player or manager Neil to sign a birthday card for my son.
    Any ideas, or what time they arrive at the game/ leave tommorow? or other ways?

Re: Players autographs

You tried phoning the club to ask if they can accommodate your request?

If you go to the city centre and bed down for the night chances are one will ask you to fight them, could try it then.

You could try the vale where they train perhaps.

Thats a nice idea.

When I was a kid I used to write to footballers and ask them to send me their autographs. Pretty much all of them did. No idea if that still works when people sell stuff like that on ebay now but if you include a stamped return envelope it makes it a 30 second job for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I'm hoping to get a player or manager Neil to sign a birthday card for my son.
    Any ideas, or what time they arrive at the game/ leave tommorow? or other ways?
    They normally arrive within 90 minutes of kick off and park opposite the players entrance (just down from the shop). If you get there by 6pm tonight you should be fine. I've stood there for years with my son, getting autographs or selfies for him. The players are always great, even though they must be fed up it with every game, if only for the "characters" (not kids!) that are always there asking the same players to sign their scrap books every game.

Streak onto the pitch during the game with a pen and the card. The ref will stop proceedings long enough for you to get the whole team to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Thats a nice idea.

When I was a kid I used to write to footballers and ask them to send me their autographs.
    Me too. It was always one-way traffic though - they never wrote to me asking for mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Thats a nice idea.

When I was a kid I used to write to footballers and ask them to send me their autographs. Pretty much all of them did. No idea if that still works when people sell stuff like that on ebay now but if you include a stamped return envelope it makes it a 30 second job for someone.
    I have an incredible collection of Coronation Street and TVam autographs in the loft from when I used to write asking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I have an incredible collection of Coronation Street and TVam autographs in the loft from when I used to write asking for them.
    Incredible? Hardly. Because I believe you.