+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 3 READING. AET READING won 4-1 on pens

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING. Match thread

Spheroids!

we scored one ****ing penatly? Jesus.

Who the hell lets a centre half take the first pelanty in a shootout???

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Balls!
    lose on penalties, sh1t

ah well. Sheff Utd had a bye into the quarters whoever they played.

I watched Aden Flint for years.
    I never saw him take a penalty or free kick in my life.

How is he your first penalty taker????

Btw conversely, I’ve never seen Pack miss a penalty.

Shit.

Let's face it, he'd be the last player on anyones list - you'd probably put Etheridge before Flint!

Right then.
    Now we've got that out of the way we can concentrate on the play-off push!

Season over i think, shame. Use the remaining games to blood some more youngsters, mess around with formations and get ready for a pre-season and new season.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    A complete fool? Especially when the centre half is a massive donkey like Flint.

How about Pack, Pats, pretty much everyone else, before Flint?

Laughable.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 3 READING. AET READING won 4-1 on pens

Well that was 210 minutes well spent.

Just can't imagine Flint being anywhere near good enough on pens, let alone to take the first one. Maybe that's unfair and he puts them top bins in training.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I love it when pundits say you pick them that put their hands up. I'm sorry but when your centre half who couldn't hit a dartboard with a javelin says "I'll take one boss", you tell him to sit his arse down and send for your striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I love it when pundits say you pick them that put their hands up. I'm sorry but when your centre half who couldn't hit a dartboard with a javelin says "I'll take one boss", you tell him to sit his arse down and send for your striker.
    Well said!

Why can't we hold on to a lead?

EXACTLY.

Absolutely cretinous decision making by Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A complete fool? Especially when the centre half is a massive donkey like Flint.

How about Pack, Pats, pretty much everyone else, before Flint?

Laughable.
    I wonder if, maybe, Flint was doing really well in training at taking penalties. Or, are we just going to slag the manager off because some of you didn't want him?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I wonder if, maybe, Flint was doing really well in training at taking penalties. Or, are we just going to slag the manager off because some of you didn't want him?
    Or maybe we should question why the manager is letting a player who has never taken a penalty in his professional career take the first penalty in a penalty shoot out?

That is not an unreasonable question to ask.

Either way it was a stupid thing to do. Anyone can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Season over i think, shame. Use the remaining games to blood some more youngsters, mess around with formations and get ready for a pre-season and new season.
    How I've been thinking for some time, wouldn't have been able to put too many kids in from November, but I've thought since then that this season would peter out for a while so looked for a positive of having a new manager (that immediately I didn't want) and started thinking that if he had time to out his stampnkn the team over the remainder of the season, had a good look at the squad etc he could plan for pre season and have a push at promotion next season (an actual right go, not empty, man in suit words)
    We're not far off safety are we, and I don't see us pushing for PO and I'd we did (in my opinion) it would end in disaster.
    Let's see a few kids around the squad and let's see them get game time and experience of playing under pressure in front of crowds.

Exactly.

Never mind, my first reaction was to laugh when we went out on pens. Not even Paterson up top can save this season 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How I've been thinking for some time, wouldn't have been able to put too many kids in from November, but I've thought since then that this season would peter out for a while so looked for a positive of having a new manager (that immediately I didn't want) and started thinking that if he had time to out his stampnkn the team over the remainder of the season, had a good look at the squad etc he could plan for pre season and have a push at promotion next season (an actual right go, not empty, man in suit words)
    We're not far off safety are we, and I don't see us pushing for PO and I'd we did (in my opinion) it would end in disaster.
    Let's see a few kids around the squad and let's see them get game time and experience of playing under pressure in front of crowds.
    we can all wish and hope, but i'm thinking there's isn't a lot of forward thinking planning going on and the club is run on a day to day basis.We'll see the same under achieving cloggers next season and no development at all

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we can all wish and hope, but i'm thinking there's isn't a lot of forward thinking planning going on and the club is run on a day to day basis.We'll see the same under achieving cloggers next season and no development at all
    That would be depressing wouldn't it.

I was early to bash NH, and I'll be honest and say I don't have complete faith in him, but I won't join the bashing in, he's not going to be perfect and he will get things wrong, I would usually be front of the queue last night with Big Bobby D (anyone know if he's ok btw?) but it's a waste of negative energy to rant about something I can't change, so why not look for some (hopeful) positives.

Apologies if already posted, here's the highlights...

https://youtu.be/Uk4UwFcmTPE

Some awful defending, it has to be said from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Apologies if already posted, here's the highlights...

https://youtu.be/Uk4UwFcmTPE

Some awful defending, it has to be said from both sides.
    Cheers been looking on the club app on and off all day as works been slow.