+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well done Harris

Well done Harris

What fool would let a player like Flint anywhere NEAR a penalty?

We listed our penalty takers here and Flint was obviously nowhere near anyone’s 5.

That on top of throwing away a 2 goal lead.

Absolutely pathetic.

Re: Well done Harris

Of the players left out there, who would you have taking one?

Harris' biggest failing is seemingly thinking Jazz Richards is good. He's ruddy awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Anyone but that donkey.

My cousin texted me:
    “Did you know Cardiff put Aden Flint as their first penalty taker in a shootout?”

I had to check he wasn’t winding me up.

Please tell me who YOU think should have taken them then? Do YOU think that Flint was a good choice?!

Only 13 goals conceded in the last 4 games that Flint has played. Against QPR, Reading reserves x 2 and Carlisle. Bamba as well. Neither should be having a look in these days never mind starting together.

Yet flint will get his head on something for the odd assist and you get people defending the massive lump. Unbelievable waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Please tell me who YOU think should have taken them then? Do YOU think that Flint was a good choice?!
    Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.

Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.
    Paterson is surely a better option than Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.

ANYONE is a better option that Flint surely? And for the FIRST penalty?

Just confirms to me what I have been trying to hold back: that Harris is a rank amateur.

Just confirms to me what I have been trying to hold back: that Harris is a rank amateur.
    Flint scored 15 goals one season. I've just listed the alternatives, there's hardly any.

Your best penalty takers should always take the first ones otherwise there could be a scenario where they don't get to take one at all..... like tonight!

That said, we were 2 nil and 3-2 up and by the sounds of It, we should have put the game to bed in normal time.

Disappointing.

Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.
    Not much point holding back Glatzel and Murphy for the last penalties if someone like Flint is one of the five.

We listed our penalty takers here and Flint was obviously nowhere near anyone’s 5.

Absolutely pathetic.

So, you listed your 5 penalty takers. What was that based on? Maybe Harris chose his based on training.

Not much point holding back Glatzel and Murphy for the last penalties if someone like Flint is one of the five.
    Hindsight is 20:20. We should have won the game in normal time. I'd probably have picked Flint as he's scored more goals than pretty much every player in our squad and he's a confident bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    So, you listed your 5 penalty takers. What was that based on? Maybe Harris chose his based on training.
    He hasn't listed his top 5.

Hindsight. Flint scores it, and your argument is "Vaulks is the 2nd penalty taker.... wtf"

He hasn't listed his top 5.
    Was probably waiting to see who scored so that he could blind us all with his 20-20 hindsight.

Flint scored 15 goals one season. I've just listed the alternatives, there's hardly any.
    He did and I saw all of those goals.
    Not one was a penalty or free kick.

I’ve never seen him anywhere near those.
    In fact when they used to practice penalties before the game he used to practice headers with Baker and Magnusson...,

Absolutely pathetic.
    Nice to see someone ready to put the boot in immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Only 13 goals conceded in the last 4 games that Flint has played. Against QPR, Reading reserves x 2 and Carlisle. Bamba as well. Neither should be having a look in these days never mind starting together.

Yet flint will get his head on something for the odd assist and you get people defending the massive lump. Unbelievable waste of money.
    There's a stat and a half. Good work. How much did Warnock spunk against the wall on him?

Was probably waiting to see who scored so that he could blind us all with his 20-20 hindsight.
    The amateurish stuff was throwing away a 2-0 lead and the 3-2 lead. Also, playing a rotated side when we're 7 points off the playoffs. Anyone who steps up for a pen shouldn't get criticised. They've had the bollocks to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a stat and a half. Good work. How much did Warnock spunk against the wall on him?
    He's still been infinitely better than Jazz Richards. He is absolutely atrocious. Flint's last 4 games have been in makeshift back fours as well.

It's about those who have the bottle. Those who choose to do so have got some guts. Regardless of whether a penalty is shit or not, those players have put themselves in the firing line. Maybe we should consider which players didn't fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Middlesbrough gave us £7m for him which - as much as I loved the big guy - was absolute daylight robbery by Lansdown and Ashton.

I’d be surprised if an astute guy like Warnock would have spent any more than £3m?