+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well done Harris

Re: Well done Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's still been infinitely better than Jazz Richards. He is absolutely atrocious. Flint's last 4 games have been in makeshift back fours as well.
    They play in different positions. Richards isn't in good form, I agree.

Would you suggest Flint is in good form?

Flint scored 15 goals one season. I've just listed the alternatives, there's hardly any.
    See the post immediately below yours.

You always have your best penalty taker go first. Flint is NOT our best penalty taker and by the time that we got to Pack we were out.

Flint’s previous goal scoring exploits a just irrelevant.

This lies squarely at Harris’ door. Incompetent at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Middlesbrough gave us £7m for him which - as much as I loved the big guy - was absolute daylight robbery by Lansdown and Ashton.

I’d be surprised if an astute guy like Warnock would have spent any more than £3m?
    You may well be surprised, then. My question was rhetorical.

BTW, nice to see you contributing well on here. Not sure why you decided to change, but it's been welcome and your input is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They play in different positions. Richards isn't in good form, I agree.

Would you suggest Flint is in good form?
    He is not. Flint has been a good player. Richards has always been bloody awful. He was at fault for both their goals in normal time tonight. He's appalling. I reckon more than half the goals we've conceded recently are directly his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    See the post immediately below yours.

You always have your best penalty taker go first. Flint is NOT our best penalty taker and by the time that we got to Pack we were out.

Flint’s previous goal scoring exploits a just irrelevant.

This lies squarely at Harris’ door. Incompetent at best.
    Who was our best penalty taker? Like I've just mentioned, sometimes it's about who fancies it. Flint says to Harris, I'm up for this, give me the first one, I'll nail it, save our best for the end when we might need them. Imagine it was Flint taking the last one to level the shootout? You'd be moaning that he'd been left until the business end of the shoot out.

Nice to see someone ready to put the boot in immediately.
    Come on then: defend the decision to let Flint take the FIRST penalty.

I REALLY want to see this. Seriously.

You may well be surprised, then. My question was rhetorical.

BTW, nice to see you contributing well on here. Not sure why you decided to change, but it's been welcome and your input is interesting.
    I said that without having any idea what Cardiff paid for him.
    I’m assuming given Woodgate didn’t have him in his plans and he’d had a shit season that Boro took a loss on him.
    I’d guess at £3m going to £5m at a push? Though I don’t think he’s worth 5.

Hindsight is 20:20. We should have won the game in normal time. I'd probably have picked Flint as he's scored more goals than pretty much every player in our squad and he's a confident bloke.
    I don't think you need the benefit of hindsight to work out that if you don't have five good options then your best penalty takers should go first.

If you have to score to stay in the game, surely you want your best penalty taker taking that one? The first one means your keeper has 4 more chances to get you out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think you need the benefit of hindsight to work out that if you don't have five good options then your best penalty takers should go first.
    Perhaps Flint is a good taker? He's taken them in league games I think. Also, if that's the case surely you want your best takers taking them last when the pressure is on.

He is not. Flint has been a good player. Richards has always been bloody awful. He was at fault for both their goals in normal time tonight. He's appalling. I reckon more than half the goals we've conceded recently are directly his fault.
    Who did Peltier shag. He must have been a very naughty boy. Richards need to pick up another injury.

I just did. Flint goes to his gaffer "I'll nail the first one for you boss, I'll put my neck on the line. Leave the best penalty takers for the end of the shootout."

Maybe Flint has been banging in penalties for fun in training.

The point is that you don't know why he ended up taking the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Who did Peltier shag. He must have been a very naughty boy. Richards need to pick up another injury.
    What Harris sees in him, I don't know. I hope Sanderson is good but this is why I was so annoyed on Friday. Richards is horrible and we've panicked, released Pelts and signed a kid when we apparently have ambition...

Perhaps Flint is a good taker? He's taken them in league games I think. Also, if that's the case surely you want your best takers taking them last when the pressure is on.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aden..._id/FAC/plus/1

Aden Flint has never taken a penalty in his career before tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aden-flint/elfmetertore/spieler/105324/saison_id/2013/wettbewerb_id/FAC/plus/1

Aden Flint has never taken a penalty in his career before tonight.
    Assumed he would have as he's got the odd hat trick.

One of those hat tricks was against Walsall at home.
    I don’t want to dismiss it because a hat trick is fantastic and for a defender.

But I can’t even justify to you how utter dog shit Walsall were.
    We won 8-2.

Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.
    Glatzel picked up a groin strain in the last 5 minutes and Harris didnt notice. He should've been subbed.
    Bamba was knackered after an hour and should have come off aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Glatzel picked up a groin strain in the last 5 minutes and Harris didnt notice. He should've been subbed.
    Bamba was knackered after an hour and should have come off aswell.
    Our outfield subs were Mayembe, Morrison and Bowen.

What Harris sees in him, I don't know. I hope Sanderson is good but this is why I was so annoyed on Friday. Richards is horrible and we've panicked, released Pelts and signed a kid when we apparently have ambition...
    Perhaps Sanderson is the new right back.

Hindsight is 20:20. We should have won the game in normal time. I'd probably have picked Flint as he's scored more goals than pretty much every player in our squad and he's a confident bloke.
    Oh please. He scores goals with his head or scruffy tap ins. He’s not as clean a striker of the ball as someone like Bennett.

He’s a banana foot. Any manager with half a brain cell wouldn’t have let him take the first one.

We were playing Reading in a nothing game replay, both sides playing squad teams there was that little regard for the game. It was hardly the play off final.

I just did. Flint goes to his gaffer "I'll nail the first one for you boss, I'll put my neck on the line. Leave the best penalty takers for the end of the shootout."

Maybe Flint has been banging in penalties for fun in training.

The point is that you don't know why he ended up taking the first one.
    No doubting he might have said.." I'll take the first one, boss". However, not even Messi would have used words to the effect of "I'll nail it".
    As Jursett has said, Flint has never taken a penalty in his professional career!

If you have to score to stay in the game, surely you want your best penalty taker taking that one? The first one means your keeper has 4 more chances to get you out of jail.
    What a crock of shit. It’s common practice to send your best taker up first.

Perhaps Sanderson is the new right back.
    We'll soon have no choice. Apparently it was all very last minute and Harris has spoken how highly he rates Richards.

NO!!!!!!!

Are you Neil Harris??!!

By that time you are out! As we are!

Don’t you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a crock of shit. It’s common practice to send your best taker up first.
    Or perhaps we could have had subs that he felt comfortable putting on that would have taken a pen, instead of kids that he clearly didn't trust. I'd blame Harris for the stuff leading up the shootout rather than the pens themselves.