+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well done Harris

Re: Well done Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I just did. Flint goes to his gaffer "I'll nail the first one for you boss, I'll put my neck on the line. Leave the best penalty takers for the end of the shootout."

Maybe Flint has been banging in penalties for fun in training.

The point is that you don't know why he ended up taking the first one.
    I really don’t but all logic says that it was a stupid idea and one that only a fool would risk taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    NO!!!!!!!

Are you Neil Harris??!!

By that time you are out! As we are!

Don’t you see that?
    We're out because Jazz Richards can't defend and Harris picked 4 kids on the bench of which he didn't trust them to come on. If I am Neil Harris, I'm doing a good job of disguising it slagging him off in this thread.

I really don’t but all logic says that it was a stupid idea and one that only a fool would risk taking.
    What's your 5 then? Of all the things wrong with tonight, who took the flipping pens isn't one I'd focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're out because Jazz Richards can't defend and Harris picked 4 kids on the bench of which he didn't trust them to come on. If I am Neil Harris, I'm doing a good job of disguising it slagging him off in this thread.
    I’m just saying that if you seriously think that putting your best penalty taker last is a good idea, then I am going to have to disagree with you. Along with most of the posts on here about the subject seemingly.

It just defies any logic.

So if Flint HAD to take a penalty then he should have been fifth (or ideally 11th).

Embarrassingly inept decision making by Harris.

We'll soon have no choice. Apparently it was all very last minute and Harris has spoken how highly he rates Richards.
    Harris said similar things about Peltier. It doesn't mean anything.

I’m just saying that if you seriously think that putting your best penalty taker last is a good idea, then I am going to have to disagree with you. Along with most of the posts on here about the subject seemingly.

It just defies any logic.

So if Flint HAD to take a penalty then he should have been fifth (or ideally 11th).

Embarrassingly inept decision making by Harris.
    If we had Lee Peltier at right back, we'd be in the 5th round. That's the embarrassing decision. If Glatzel was injured as some have alluded to, then that leaves Vaulks (who missed), Pack and Murphy (can you imagine the reaction if he missed!). This highlights the incredible lack of technical ability in the squad. As soon as it went to pens, we were stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Harris said similar things about Peltier. It doesn't mean anything.
    He felt strongly enough about Jazz to rip up Peltier's contract, not to mention starting him two games running.

What fool would let a player like Flint anywhere NEAR a penalty?

We listed our penalty takers here and Flint was obviously nowhere near anyone’s 5.

That on top of throwing away a 2 goal lead.

Absolutely pathetic.
    Spoilt little kid you are

We could do without fans like you slagging off the players and manager

He felt strongly enough about Jazz to rip up Peltier's contract, not to mention starting him two games running.
    I don't think we've let Peltier leave so that we can give Jazz a new contract.

Our outfield subs were Mayembe, Morrison and Bowen.
    If Morrison had been brought on after an hour I doubt the game would have gone to extra time, let alone penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If Morrison had been brought on after an hour I doubt the game would have gone to extra time, let alone penalties.
    Perhaps but that's my entire point in this thread. We have plenty of chances to avoid pens.

I don't think we've let Peltier leave so that we can give Jazz a new contract.
    We ripped up Peltier's contract which presumably means he thinks Jazz is at least good enough to be our right back for this season. Or Pelts realllllllly pissed him off.

We ripped up Peltier's contract which presumably means he thinks Jazz is at least good enough to be our right back for this season. Or Pelts realllllllly pissed him off.
    Or Peltier asked to leave.

Or Peltier asked to leave.
    Get a fee. Peltier is extremely popular with the players and is a good pro who has only signed a short term deal at WBA. I don't think he'd have kicked up a fuss.

Also, we haven't kept a clean sheet without Peltier in the side this season. He has major, major deficiencies going forward but he's so much better than our other full backs.

Get a fee. Peltier is extremely popular with the players and is a good pro who has only signed a short term deal at WBA. I don't think he'd have kicked up a fuss.
    Nobody is paying a transfer fee for a 33-year-old defensive fullback with 6 months left on his current deal.

I also doubt that Harris forced Peltier out as it wouldn't have gone down well with the rest of the squad.

I'm guessing he wanted a new contract from us, but there was too much disagreement over the terms, so he asked to leave early.

Nobody is paying a transfer fee for a 33-year-old defensive fullback with 6 months left on his current deal.

I also doubt that Harris forced Peltier out as it wouldn't have gone down well with the rest of the squad.

I'm guessing he wanted a new contract from us, but there was too much disagreement over the terms, so he asked to leave early.
    I doubt Peltier would have kicked up a fuss to take a 6 month deal elsewhere, especially when that involves moving house etc. Considering his earlier post on twitter, and him liking tweets saying that he's been forced out, I think it's very much a possibility.

Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.
    Can't control a ball first time either, but the stuck in the 90s lot on here call for him to be played up top.

Sneak into the playoffs and this will all be forgotten....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can't control a ball first time either, but the stuck in the 90s lot on here call for him to be played up top.
    He’s still better than anything else we have up front

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    So, you listed your 5 penalty takers. What was that based on? Maybe Harris chose his based on training.
    Definitely not.
    If you watched our penalty’s , it was nothing to do with training .

Yep . That’s what happened ..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who was our best penalty taker? Like I've just mentioned, sometimes it's about who fancies it. Flint says to Harris, I'm up for this, give me the first one, I'll nail it, save our best for the end when we might need them. Imagine it was Flint taking the last one to level the shootout? You'd be moaning that he'd been left until the business end of the shoot out.
    I agree, if you're a manager and you've got someone you don't have faith in crying out to take a penalty while a few you would prefer to take one are saying no way, what do you do? Older readers will remember Don Murray's notorious penalty against Dynamo Berlin in the early 70s, but, nearly every account of it I've read from our players involved are not critical of Don because he stepped forward to take a penalty while others wouldn't - if a manager like Jimmy Scoular couldn't order some of his players that night to take one, it would be very hard for Neil Harris in a day and age where the balance of power is with the players far more.

I doubt Peltier would have kicked up a fuss to take a 6 month deal elsewhere, especially when that involves moving house etc. Considering his earlier post on twitter, and him liking tweets saying that he's been forced out, I think it's very much a possibility.
    Club and/or manager didn’t want to offer a guy who is 33 year old an extended contract. That’s to be applauded not criticised. Time to start ripping up Warnocks squad starting with the older players.

We’ve brought in a young lad from Wolves who is very highly rated in the meantime and maybe in the summer we sign him for another year or we get another full back in.

Swear Peltier is Cafu ffs. It’s no loss on the long term.

He’s still better than anything else we have up front
    In your opinion