+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well done Harris

Re: Well done Harris

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, if you're a manager and you've got someone you don't have faith in crying out to take a penalty while a few you would prefer to take one are saying no way, what do you do? Older readers will remember Don Murray's notorious penalty against Dynamo Berlin in the early 70s, but, nearly every account of it I've read from our players involved are not critical of Don because he stepped forward to take a penalty while others wouldn't - if a manager like Jimmy Scoular couldn't order some of his players that night to take one, it would be very hard for Neil Harris in a day and age where the balance of power is with the players far more.
    I really cant believe better penalty takers werent up for a penalty in a cup replay its hardly play off semi or final.

Some people have said we dont play to Glatzels strengths something which ive thought what are they because he doesnt appear to have any. However he has taken one really good penalty so should have been up first or 2nd.

I think the fact is we just dont have very good pen takers.

The best penalty taker should be 1st or 2nd. Joe Ralls wasnt playing so Glatzel should have been that person.

Peltier good servant but hardly the world beater some would make out. New right back in the summer im sure. The right decision as lets face it we arent making a play off challenge. Pelts obviously wanted a new deal. 33 time to rebuild.

May be difficult but it wasnt Harris who blew around 10m on Flint and Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I really cant believe better penalty takers werent up for a penalty in a cup replay its hardly play off semi or final.

Some people have said we dont play to Glatzels strengths something which ive thought what are they because he doesnt appear to have any. However he has taken one really good penalty so should have been up first or 2nd.

I think the fact is we just dont have very good pen takers.

The best penalty taker should be 1st or 2nd. Joe Ralls wasnt playing so Glatzel should have been that person.
    He was injured- looked like he tweaked his groin in the last 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He was injured- looked like he tweaked his groin in the last 10 minutes.
    Nah nah mate facts don't matter, he wants to bash Glatzel he will.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Spoilt little kid you are

We could do without fans like you slagging off the players and manager
    I’d stick to unfunny posts about women which get moved to the alternative message board and no one ever reads of I was you

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’d stick to unfunny posts about women which get moved to the alternative message board and no one ever reads of I was you
    Boring , tedious post again from you , always giving your expert armchair manager opinion on the team which basically involves slagging off the players and management and jumping up and down like a spoilt child

What a supporter you are , go back to your armchair

What everyone appears to be missing here is that it was an entertaining game of football with six goals and two young players making their debut for City and both did well. It was worth every penny of the admission prices for those who made the effort. Pity more people weren't there to witness it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Boring , tedious post again from you , always giving your expert armchair manager opinion on the team which basically involves slagging off the players and management and jumping up and down like a spoilt child

What a supporter you are , go back to your armchair
    CCMBs self promoted candidate for next moderator, everyone.

Crikey, imagine this angry fella holding the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Club and/or manager didn’t want to offer a guy who is 33 year old an extended contract. That’s to be applauded not criticised. Time to start ripping up Warnocks squad starting with the older players.

We’ve brought in a young lad from Wolves who is very highly rated in the meantime and maybe in the summer we sign him for another year or we get another full back in.

Swear Peltier is Cafu ffs. It’s no loss on the long term.
    I'd rather Peltier than Jazz Richards. If we properly replaced Peltier, I wouldn't mind him going. Judging by comments that Sanderson is here to back up Jazz, then we haven't. Sanderson will have to play soon because starting Richards is effectively starting a goal down. The club maintain the Championship is the priority despite the fact we're 7 points off the play offs, pay up their best defender, play the kids in the cup and get knocked out. I have a right to be a little irked and concerned.

Can anybody think of the last penalty shoot out any team sent up their centre half for the first penalty?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Can anybody think of the last penalty shoot out any team sent up their centre half for the first penalty?
    I have a recollection of Darren Purse being the first penalty taker in a penalty shootout but I don't know if it's right or how I remember it happening.

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd rather Peltier than Jazz Richards. If we properly replaced Peltier, I wouldn't mind him going. Judging by comments that Sanderson is here to back up Jazz, then we haven't. Sanderson will have to play soon because starting Richards is effectively starting a goal down. The club maintain the Championship is the priority despite the fact we're 7 points off the play offs, pay up their best defender, play the kids in the cup and get knocked out. I have a right to be a little irked and concerned.
    club maintain the Championship is the priority

We are seriously deluded. This team will finish 11th or 12th, which is where we are now. We are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 6 and if we did make it W would be an embarrassment.
    My major concern is that I am not seeing any signs that we will be doing exactly the same things next season.
    Squad is poor with a poor manager. Mid table is our best hope

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I remember Steph Houghton stepping-up for England. She missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I have a recollection of Darren Purse being the first penalty taker in a penalty shootout but I don't know if it's right or how I remember it happening.

You're welcome
    Purse was our penalty taker for a good few seasons. Sergio Ramos as well for Spain and Madrid. Ramos, Flint, two peas

"Neil Harris explained after the match that players have to stick their hand up to take penalties."

That's why Flint went first, 'cos some of our other players pussied out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who says he was paid up? He was transferred. West Brom needed a full back as it looked like Nathan Ferguson was being sold but it fell through.

He wasnt going to be offered a new contract and he threw his toys out of the pram. Get over it.

As for the playing the kids in the cup comment. No, we didnt. We started 1 kid and 1 come on as sub. Thats not playing the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    "Neil Harris explained after the match that players have to stick their hand up to take penalties."

That's why Flint went first, 'cos some of our other players pussied out.
    Did all the other players take 1 step back leaving Flint looking like he'd taken 1 step forward?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    As for the playing the kids in the cup comment. No, we didnt. We started 1 kid and 1 come on as sub. Thats not playing the kids.
    Correct

At the end of the day its the club and Neil Harris prerogative if we were going to off Lee Peltier a contract extension and they choose not to. Logically, that looks the correct decision.

This club has handed out far too many contract extensions to players who are over the hill and I applaud their decision.

My main concern is that he started Flint and Bamba together, an even worse pairing than Flint and Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    My main concern is that he started Flint and Bamba together, an even worse pairing than Flint and Morrison
    I'd be worried if it was the league.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Harris has done what every other manager has done in the cup at some point and given some of his subs a start.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    CCMBs self promoted candidate for next moderator, everyone.

Crikey, imagine this angry fella holding the axe.
    Yes, all rather depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nobody is paying a transfer fee for a 33-year-old defensive fullback with 6 months left on his current deal.

I also doubt that Harris forced Peltier out as it wouldn't have gone down well with the rest of the squad.

I'm guessing he wanted a new contract from us, but there was too much disagreement over the terms, so he asked to leave early.
    Judging by the other thread, they've had a massive barney.

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2man1/2horse View Post
    Sneak into the playoffs and this will all be forgotten....
    Do you honestly think that is even a remote possibility given what we've seen under both Warnock and Harris so far?