+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well done Harris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well done Harris

What fool would let a player like Flint anywhere NEAR a penalty?

We listed our penalty takers here and Flint was obviously nowhere near anyone’s 5.

That on top of throwing away a 2 goal lead.

Absolutely pathetic.

Re: Well done Harris

Of the players left out there, who would you have taking one?

Harris' biggest failing is seemingly thinking Jazz Richards is good. He's ruddy awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Anyone but that donkey.

My cousin texted me:
    “Did you know Cardiff put Aden Flint as their first penalty taker in a shootout?”

I had to check he wasn’t winding me up.

Please tell me who YOU think should have taken them then? Do YOU think that Flint was a good choice?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Please tell me who YOU think should have taken them then? Do YOU think that Flint was a good choice?!
    Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.

Murphy and Glatzel would presumably have taken the last 2. Bamba, Paterson, Richards, Sang and Bennett were the other options. Bennett perhaps but I wouldn't back the others either.
    Paterson is surely a better option than Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.

Is he? I mean, he obviously can't do worse now but he can't kick. Amazingly when you create a squad full of players with no technical ability, you don't have too many obvious choices.
    Not much point holding back Glatzel and Murphy for the last penalties if someone like Flint is one of the five.

Your best penalty takers should always take the first ones otherwise there could be a scenario where they don't get to take one at all..... like tonight!

That said, we were 2 nil and 3-2 up and by the sounds of It, we should have put the game to bed in normal time.

Disappointing.

Only 13 goals conceded in the last 4 games that Flint has played. Against QPR, Reading reserves x 2 and Carlisle. Bamba as well. Neither should be having a look in these days never mind starting together.

Yet flint will get his head on something for the odd assist and you get people defending the massive lump. Unbelievable waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Only 13 goals conceded in the last 4 games that Flint has played. Against QPR, Reading reserves x 2 and Carlisle. Bamba as well. Neither should be having a look in these days never mind starting together.

Yet flint will get his head on something for the odd assist and you get people defending the massive lump. Unbelievable waste of money.
    There's a stat and a half. Good work. How much did Warnock spunk against the wall on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a stat and a half. Good work. How much did Warnock spunk against the wall on him?
    He's still been infinitely better than Jazz Richards. He is absolutely atrocious. Flint's last 4 games have been in makeshift back fours as well.

He's still been infinitely better than Jazz Richards. He is absolutely atrocious. Flint's last 4 games have been in makeshift back fours as well.
    They play in different positions. Richards isn't in good form, I agree.

Would you suggest Flint is in good form?

They play in different positions. Richards isn't in good form, I agree.

Would you suggest Flint is in good form?
    He is not. Flint has been a good player. Richards has always been bloody awful. He was at fault for both their goals in normal time tonight. He's appalling. I reckon more than half the goals we've conceded recently are directly his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    ANYONE is a better option that Flint surely? And for the FIRST penalty?

Just confirms to me what I have been trying to hold back: that Harris is a rank amateur.

Just confirms to me what I have been trying to hold back: that Harris is a rank amateur.
    Flint scored 15 goals one season. I've just listed the alternatives, there's hardly any.

Flint scored 15 goals one season. I've just listed the alternatives, there's hardly any.
    See the post immediately below yours.

You always have your best penalty taker go first. Flint is NOT our best penalty taker and by the time that we got to Pack we were out.

Flint’s previous goal scoring exploits a just irrelevant.

This lies squarely at Harris’ door. Incompetent at best.

See the post immediately below yours.

You always have your best penalty taker go first. Flint is NOT our best penalty taker and by the time that we got to Pack we were out.

Flint’s previous goal scoring exploits a just irrelevant.

This lies squarely at Harris’ door. Incompetent at best.
    Who was our best penalty taker? Like I've just mentioned, sometimes it's about who fancies it. Flint says to Harris, I'm up for this, give me the first one, I'll nail it, save our best for the end when we might need them. Imagine it was Flint taking the last one to level the shootout? You'd be moaning that he'd been left until the business end of the shoot out.

Who was our best penalty taker? Like I've just mentioned, sometimes it's about who fancies it. Flint says to Harris, I'm up for this, give me the first one, I'll nail it, save our best for the end when we might need them. Imagine it was Flint taking the last one to level the shootout? You'd be moaning that he'd been left until the business end of the shoot out.
    I agree, if you're a manager and you've got someone you don't have faith in crying out to take a penalty while a few you would prefer to take one are saying no way, what do you do? Older readers will remember Don Murray's notorious penalty against Dynamo Berlin in the early 70s, but, nearly every account of it I've read from our players involved are not critical of Don because he stepped forward to take a penalty while others wouldn't - if a manager like Jimmy Scoular couldn't order some of his players that night to take one, it would be very hard for Neil Harris in a day and age where the balance of power is with the players far more.

Hindsight. Flint scores it, and your argument is "Vaulks is the 2nd penalty taker.... wtf"

What fool would let a player like Flint anywhere NEAR a penalty?

We listed our penalty takers here and Flint was obviously nowhere near anyone’s 5.

That on top of throwing away a 2 goal lead.

Absolutely pathetic.

So, you listed your 5 penalty takers. What was that based on? Maybe Harris chose his based on training.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    So, you listed your 5 penalty takers. What was that based on? Maybe Harris chose his based on training.
    He hasn't listed his top 5.

He hasn't listed his top 5.
    Was probably waiting to see who scored so that he could blind us all with his 20-20 hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Was probably waiting to see who scored so that he could blind us all with his 20-20 hindsight.
    The amateurish stuff was throwing away a 2-0 lead and the 3-2 lead. Also, playing a rotated side when we're 7 points off the playoffs. Anyone who steps up for a pen shouldn't get criticised. They've had the bollocks to do so.