+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone really care that we're out of the FA cup?

Does anyone really care that we're out of the FA cup?

Not here. A cup run would have been great, but not getting dragged down the table is important and there's the slenderest of chances that we could attack a top 6 place. Murphy has shown some form. Vaulks has had another good game. Glatzel has scored his first goal at home.

On to next season

Re: Does anyone really care that we're out of the FA cup?

Yes, we're not going up and we're not going down. The bottom 3 aren't even going at a point a game. Play your first XI vs Sheff Utd, you might get lucky and we're in the quarters.

"Does anyone care we've lost a game"

No replays in the 5th round so it's a straight knock out, who knows we could have beaten them then all of a sudden you're a game away from Wembley. The fact this season is a nothing season makes the defeat worse.

Slenderest of chances?
    Try not a hope in hell.
    Our defense is shit, we have no pace and we struggle to create chances in open play.
    I'd give Harris more slack if he gave some youngsters a chance between now and the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not here. A cup run would have been great, but not getting dragged down the table is important and there's the slenderest of chances that we could attack a top 6 place. Murphy has shown some form. Vaulks has had another good game. Glatzel has scored his first goal at home.

On to next season
    It is more the manner of the defeat. 🙈

First Team

Yes, I do.
    The chance of seeing the City at Wembley has gone and now we face mid table tedium with the mathematical hope of a tilt at the playoffs before that also vanishes.

I love the cup.
    when you're mid table..which we are..we should've really gone for it last night.
    when the season is over on feb 4th it's sooooo boring

Bit of a daft question. If your a City fan and you’re not disappointed at going out of the cup after being 2 up at home and a chance to play a premier league side in the last 16, then there’s not much hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, we're not going up and we're not going down. The bottom 3 aren't even going at a point a game. Play your first XI vs Sheff Utd, you might get lucky and we're in the quarters.
    Yep sounds about right to me .

Not enough at this stage to turn up at the match but yea I think if you get to the 5th round with a decent enough draw then it becomes exciting. 6th round is the quarters, obviously the blades would have been tough.

The league is going to play out how it has so far, won't win many, won't lose too many, probably end up close to where we are.

Enough in the squad to not get into any bother but not enough going forward to win enough to have much excitement going into May.

Yes. I really enjoy the FA Cup. I look forward to it all season.

Yes. The only competition we were still in.

I just can't understand the mentality of some fans these days. Our seasons over and that's a good thing?

Even accepting the extremely unlikely premise that we make a run for the playoffs would one or two more games in the cup make a blind bit of difference? No.

And even if we do make the playoffs us that better than winning the cup? Or getting promoted and being battered in half the games next season? This modern obsession with being in the Premier League above all else is such bullshit, as if finishing 17th in the Prem is more important than actually winning something. The game is about glory or at least it used to be.

On to next season
    I'd say that if we were sat in 7th or 8th position, 7 points is nothing. However having to overcome 6 teams to get 6th is too much.

I care about it, especially now our season is more than likely over.

In the 27 years since the Prem was set up, 92-93, the winners have been as follows:
    Arsenal 8; Chelsea 7; Man U 5; Liverpool 2; Man City 2; Everton 1; Portsmouth 1; Wigan 1(relegated).

So you win your rounds, your replays, your extra times, your shootouts, your tired players get knocks and cards, and then you watch while one of the big boys wins the Cup. Every time.

We need to get safe in the league and move on with the rebuild. The first half showed what these guys can do. If they can do it in the league we can move up.

The FA Cup as it now is belongs in the days of leather balls and 20 quid a week. Best way to revive it would be to end replays and extra time and go straight to penalties.

Yes, gutted we are out. Home v Sheff Utd? You never know and your in the quater final.

I went to every game bar Chastetown on the 2008 run and it was incredible. Would love to experience that again. Home v Wolves and Away v Boro are two of the best atmospheres I have experienced following the City.

Why wouldn't we have a punt? We are mid table and will be nowhere near the play offs come the shake up at the end of the season.

Plus across the whole tie we lead 3 times and lost, even just to watch us see out a leading position (in any competition) would be great at the moment!

i wanted to stand in the crowd in a bucket hat and wave hand gestures at that mcburnie bum boy

I’m relieved, mcburnie scoring a hat trick and having us on strings would’ve really drove me over the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    We need to get safe in the league and move on with the rebuild.
    Surely you don't genuinely believe that relegation is a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    In the 27 years since the Prem was set up, 92-93, the winners have been as follows:
    Arsenal 8; Chelsea 7; Man U 5; Liverpool 2; Man City 2; Everton 1; Portsmouth 1; Wigan 1(relegated).

So you win your rounds, your replays, your extra times, your shootouts, your tired players get knocks and cards, and then you watch while one of the big boys wins the Cup. Every time.

We need to get safe in the league and move on with the rebuild. The first half showed what these guys can do. If they can do it in the league we can move up.

The FA Cup as it now is belongs in the days of leather balls and 20 quid a week. Best way to revive it would be to end replays and extra time and go straight to penalties.
    We are safe. Wigan are on track for 44 points in 3rd bottom. I think there's a decent chance we have enough points already. We could have had a cup run, with a bit of luck we'd be in the quarter final and 90 minutes from Wembley. Instead we're going to play out a nothing season, that was obvious it would be a nothing season 4 months ago.

Only silver lining is Sheffield United are very good and would probably have given us a hiding

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Only silver lining is Sheffield United are very good and would probably have given us a hiding
    They played their ressies vs Millwall. They can qualify for Europe in the Prem. They're only 5 points off the Champions League places!

On to next season
    I really doubt we would have beaten sheff Utd in the next round, I’d rather us have a focus on trying to get 6th place, I can’t see that either mind.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I really doubt we would have beaten sheff Utd in the next round, I’d rather us have a focus on trying to get 6th place, I can’t see that either mind.
    I think that's been our focus since relegation...

And look how well it's going.