+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Highlights

Highlights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51380072

Murphy appears to have had a decent game, but Ward's limitations were exposed again.

Spectacular effort from Meite at around the minute mark. That would have been some goal.

What on earth was Flint doing for Reading's third? That 'challenge' was truly feeble.

In his post-match interview, Harris said: "We have been the better team in all three games with Reading."

Is that accurate?

Re: Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Murphy appears to have had a decent game, but Ward's limitations were exposed again.

Spectacular effort from Meite at around the minute mark. That would have been some goal.

What on earth was Flint doing for Reading's third? That 'challenge' was truly feeble.

In his post-match interview, Harris said: "We have been the better team in all three games with Reading."

Is that accurate?
    In the two games I've seen, no we haven't been the better team. Friday night, we were atrocious in the first half, Reading deservedly in front. Second half we changed things around by hoofing long balls into the box and hoping for the best. In fact I would say we were even more direct that half than anytime under Warnock.

As for last night, the first 30 minutes we dominated, deservedly want in front, after that we were chasing shadows for much of the night. Etheridge made 3 excellent saves before reading scored, and when they got one, no one was shocked when they equalised. Both games ended in draws over 90 minutes, both a fair reflection of the games.

In his post-match interview, Harris said: "We have been the better team in all three games with Reading." Is that accurate?
    Agree with all this. Ward seems better coming on as a sub. And Flint was just shocking.

Reading for me have better players - two black guys and Meiti (spelling) were really impressive.

Well we scored 3 good goals, all from open play. Some youngsters had some game time
    Flint and Richards had a few howlers for the goals
    I would rather that for the rest of the season than the first 2 reading games tbh

Is that accurate?
    We were poor for most of Friday's game, but dominated the last twenty minutes so much that I'd say we deserved the win. We put them under tremendous pressure at their place and, probably, deserved to come out on top, but that was mostly down to what happened when it was eleven against ten. Not sure you can say a team which loses 2-0 and 3-2 leads, then performs dismally in losing a penalty shoot out were the better side though - better side in two of the three maybe, but not all three.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were poor for most of Friday's game, but dominated the last twenty minutes so much that I'd say we deserved the win.
    I was at Friday's game and City didn't look the better side to me. I thought it was a banker draw beforehand and thought the result was about right afterwards. Reading were comfortably better with the ball for most of the match, but they looked distinctly uncomfortable with City's long ball approach and with set-pieces in particular. As soon as City started lumping the ball forward at every opportunity an equaliser looked pretty much certain, but I didn't think City ever looked like deserved winners. There simply wasn't enough quality in their play to justify all three points.

I was at Friday's game and City didn't look the better side to me. I thought it was a banker draw beforehand and thought the result was about right afterwards. Reading were comfortably better with the ball for most of the match, but they looked distinctly uncomfortable with City's long ball approach and with set-pieces in particular. As soon as City started lumping the ball forward at every opportunity an equaliser looked pretty much certain, but I didn't think City ever looked like deserved winners. There simply wasn't enough quality in their play to justify all three points.
    I dont think you know very much about football

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I dont think you know very much about football
    none of us do...lets be honest.

Didn't we fail to beat second string Reading team down to ten men .

Then we turn in a very poor home performance last Friday , the draw was a fair result ,albeit as TLG states they were the better team skill wise.

Tuesday was a disaster other than a nice few moments in the first half ,great for the youngsters to have a run though, more if that please . .

We are basically dreadful at defending, which is supposedly are strong point ??