+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Peltier fallout with Harris

Lee Peltier fallout with Harris

Sorry if this has been posted but Peltier's reaction to these tweets on Cardiff City France (a great source of City news and gossip btw) seems pretty telling

https://twitter.com/CardiffFR/status...086855168?s=19

"Lee Peltier a aimé" means "Lee Peltier liked" for anyone unfamiliar with French or Twitter

Re: Lee Peltier fallout with Harris

Yeah, my season is ruined cos Peltier left.

Harris has ruined Cardiff because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted but Peltier's reaction to these tweets on Cardiff City France (a great source of City news and gossip btw) seems pretty telling

https://twitter.com/CardiffFR/status...086855168?s=19

"Lee Peltier a aimé" means "Lee Peltier liked" for anyone unfamiliar with French or Twitter
    It's all in French

The main bit is the photo shows Peltier has liked a tweet saying Harris is a prick, which is in English.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The main bit is the photo shows Peltier has liked a tweet saying Harris is a prick, which is in English.
    Le Prick

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah, my season is ruined cos Peltier left.

Harris has ruined Cardiff because of this.
    He's fallen out with someone who is universally considered to be an excellent pro and an extremely popular member of the squad. Look how many players posted tributes to him on Twitter compared to when Zohore left for example. Perhaps there's nothing to it and Pelts is just bitter and in a way I hope it's just that but alternatively, it's certainly a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's fallen out with someone who is universally considered to be an excellent pro and an extremely popular member of the squad. Look how many players posted tributes to him on Twitter compared to when Zohore left for example. Perhaps there's nothing to it and Pelts is just bitter and in a way I hope it's just that but alternatively, it's certainly a concern.
    I don’t have insider knowledge but to me all roads lead to Peltier not being happy with the new contract offer from Cardiff/Harris if there was one.

Peltier will be 34 this year. I'm sure he would have been looking to secure a 2 year contract, which in all honesty would have been his last as a pro'. However, could you imagine the fallout there would have been had the club given him such a contract?
    I've admired Peltier, he knows his limitations and pushes his game to the boundaries of those limitations without taking unecessary risks, but he's not the future, not even short-term.

Difficult decision for Harris to make, telling a senior pro', who it would seem is well respected by his team mates, that he doesn't have a future here.

A new broom and all that....

It’s not a popularity contest. All the players are playing for their future and they are not exactly in a position to call any shots.

On the plus side Harris has got Tomlin on board which is far more of a positive than Peltier leaving is a negative. Even if it is a negative. Most couldn’t give a shit as we’ve been crying out for more youth and our full backs to be allowed to cross the half way line.

We get rid of one of the dinosaurs who contributed most to our hoofball and people are upset about it. Can’t please some people.

Peltier was a good servant for the club, but he wont be remembered in five years time as a player that had a seismic effect on the club. Good pro, not much more. It's hardly a crime that we've let a 34 year old who probably wanted big wages and is fairly limited past the halfway line leave.

can't believe we let cafu go on a free

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Peltier was a good servant for the club, but he wont be remembered in five years time as a player that had a seismic effect on the club. Good pro, not much more. It's hardly a crime that we've let a 34 year old who probably wanted big wages and is fairly limited past the halfway line leave.
    He was signed on a free from Huddersfield by Slade . Let's be fair he hardly set the world alight and seemed to be Injured half the time. It wasn't until the second half of last season when he replaced Manga, who moved to his rightful CB position, that he seemed to discover form and fitness and has his best spell with us.
    Clearly he was part of a good group of players at City, but nothing is forever. It is a shame he left with acrimony but he and we need to move on. I suspect he wont be the last senior player to be shown the door.
    Sadly I think Sol may be the next.

The point I found interesting was not that Peltier was sold, it was that there's clearly been a falling out. Harris hasn't been here that long and if he's got a relationship with a regular first teamer that's deteriorated to the extent that this suggests it makes me curious as to why

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He was signed on a free from Huddersfield by Slade . Let's be fair he hardly set the world alight and seemed to be Injured half the time. It wasn't until the second half of last season when he replaced Manga, who moved to his rightful CB position, that he seemed to discover form and fitness and has his best spell with us.
    Clearly he was part of a good group of players at City, but nothing is forever. It is a shame he left with acrimony but he and we need to move on. I suspect he wont be the last senior player to be shown the door.
    I think the biggest issue with him leaving is that he is arguably our best defender at the moment and the replacement isn't really matching up. He was 33 in december, he's very fit and wont ever lose a yard as he doesn't have a yard to lose. He doesn't make many mistakes and understood his role in the team. I don't think that harris should've got rid of him. I suspect it's down to money and length of contract renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Peltier will be 34 this year. I'm sure he would have been looking to secure a 2 year contract, which in all honesty would have been his last as a pro'. However, could you imagine the fallout there would have been had the club given him such a contract?
    I've admired Peltier, he knows his limitations and pushes his game to the boundaries of those limitations without taking unecessary risks, but he's not the future, not even short-term.

Difficult decision for Harris to make, telling a senior pro', who it would seem is well respected by his team mates, that he doesn't have a future here.

A new broom and all that....

Hit the nail in the head I think , he wont be at WBA long either .

Fantastic old fashioned full back , sadly I guess it was time for him to move , if he had stayed he wouldn't have made any great impact to our current season .

I have felt for some time that Harris has come in as a cheap steady as you go manager , with an objective to move on the older /overpaid players ,bit like the Slade era . If that means younger players like Began ,Nelson, play well hurrah

The point I found interesting was not that Peltier was sold, it was that there's clearly been a falling out. Harris hasn't been here that long and if he's got a relationship with a regular first teamer that's deteriorated to the extent that this suggests it makes me curious as to why
    Harris probably just didn't fancy him as a player, not mobile enough, at the wrong end of his career etc. We don't know what (if anything) Warnock had promised Peltier before he went. Probably a new 5 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Harris probably just didn't fancy him as a player, not mobile enough, at the wrong end of his career etc. We don't know what (if anything) Warnock had promised Peltier before he went. Probably a new 5 year contract
    Oh are they related then?

Isn't he out of contract (wasn't he) in 6 months? He's gone from 6 months of midtable football to chance of being part of another promotion squad which doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for him. I guess at his age not making another move was an attractive option but he was 6 months from that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Isn't he out of contract (wasn't he) in 6 months? He's gone from 6 months of midtable football to chance of being part of another promotion squad which doesn't sound like a bad deal at all for him. I guess at his age not making another move was an attractive option but he was 6 months from that anyway.
    This is my point though, surely he can't be too annoyed about the fact he's being sold to a promotion chasing team, so what is he annoyed with Harris about?

Heisenberg

This is my point though, surely he can't be too annoyed about the fact he's being sold to a promotion chasing team, so what is he annoyed with Harris about?
    There's no need to shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's no need to shout.
    I've got a temper

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Pretty sure the reported fee was £300k? Also not sure where you get the "(he) seemed to be injured half the time" from when he played 159 games in his five seasons with us? He seemed pretty durable to me.

Oh are they related then?
    Talking of related, is Warnock Junior no longer with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Pretty sure the reported fee was £300k? Also not sure where you get the "(he) seemed to be injured half the time" from when he played 159 games in his five seasons with us? He seemed pretty durable to me.
    We’ve played over 250 games at first team level since he signed in Jan 2015 so it’s not far off.

He had a good run. Longest he’s been at one place in his career. As a 33 year old journeyman footballer he should know the score.

Tremendous.

My season still isn't ruined and neither is Cardiff city, though.