+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burts Biscuits and Cakes, Bridgend...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Burts Biscuits and Cakes, Bridgend...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Do you think they handed them out at the caucuses?
    If you're interested I went along to hear Biden, Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren at rallies in or near where I'm living. Also went to see Bernie last week but he had substitute speakers (Michael Moore was in good form) as he was stuck in the Impeachment trial.

I also fully intended to go along as a spectator to a caucus nearby to see how the hell it worked but during the afternoon CNN covered 'early' caucuses in Florida and Arizona (where largish numbers of Iowans scoot off to for the winter) and they showed exactly how the events worked which meant I could stay home in the evening and watch results come in. Or so I thought, anyway!

Huge criticism after the count debacle as you can imagine and it would appear Iowa DNC are likely to consign caucuses to the bin in future and just have a straight vote as elsewhere. All good fun.

International

Re: Burts Biscuits and Cakes, Bridgend...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    If you're interested I went along to hear Biden, Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren at rallies in or near where I'm living. Also went to see Bernie last week but he had substitute speakers (Michael Moore was in good form) as he was stuck in the Impeachment trial.

I also fully intended to go along as a spectator to a caucus nearby to see how the hell it worked but during the afternoon CNN covered 'early' caucuses in Florida and Arizona (where largish numbers of Iowans scoot off to for the winter) and they showed exactly how the events worked which meant I could stay home in the evening and watch results come in. Or so I thought, anyway!

Huge criticism after the count debacle as you can imagine and it would appear Iowa DNC are likely to consign caucuses to the bin in future and just have a straight vote as elsewhere. All good fun.
    But the way they dop it in Iowa sounds old fashioed but strage.y fun, if you know what I mean. Like we used to do in school.