Been in the US for nearly 9 years now and often find myself trying to find genuine British food products in place of the dreadful pap they offer here. No more so than during the festive season when I long for traditional Xmas fare wherever I can find it. 'Proper' Xmas fruit cake isn't easy to find but I discovered some little beauties this year - and made in Wales too!

In fact they're made by Burts Biscuits and Cakes from Bridgend now available in the middle of Iowa (that's short for nowhere!) and they are delicious. Stocked by 'World Market' which sells foodstuff from most European countries - and presumably much appreciated by ex-pats everywhere. And the retailer graciously acknowledges Burts on the boxes and that they're made in Wales

So, many thanks to this innovative company which produces and exports across the world it seems, lots of goodies that must be doing quite well for them. See their website showing their presence in all continents of the world and their wonderful products: http://burtsbiscuitsandcakes.co.uk/

Just hope the fruit cake is available year-round and not just at Christmas.