+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City superfan Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Re: City superfan Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    How come no-one ever declares themself heterosexual accompanied with a fanfare of hugs and air kisses all round? It's only ever those who prefer backdoor deliveries who feel the need to publicly announce their sexual preferences.

And why is it always celebrities who do so? Wayne Whatshisname from Wolverhampton or Nigel Nobody from Nottingham never have an opportunity to tell the rest of us on TV of their nob-gobbling proclivity.
    Absolutely agree.....all this congratulatory stuff......if you are that way inclined just keep it to yourself and whoever you are with....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Absolutely agree.....all this congratulatory stuff......if you are that way inclined just keep it to yourself and whoever you are with....
    I'm sure he'd love to but Philip Schofield is pretty famous in the UK and if he left his wife and got together with a man then it'd be all over the news, he'd have press doorstepping him and his family, it'd be chaos during an already emotionally tough time. He's doing it this way to own and control the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I wonder if Schofield was thinking this as he met his future wife?
    i hope she takes it up the wrong un

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Does it really matter these, days.
    people seem obsessed with others sexuality. i here it at work if someon eis gay or trans or anything not what they consider to be normal it's the topic of conversation.Bores me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    people seem obsessed with others sexuality. i here it at work if someon eis gay or trans or anything not what they consider to be normal it's the topic of conversation.Bores me to tears
    Sadly, I think we have to recognise that people who are LGBTQ+ will still face prejudice and a good chunk of that will be from people who claim to find the topic boring or redundant or are our current prime minister. Wrestler Cody Rhodes said to his wife (person of colour) that he didn't see race to which she responded then you don't see what I have experienced. You've seen how unkind some of the comments in this thread have been despite surely being read by people in similar position to Schofield.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Its always been difficult to come out, probably even more so when you've got a wife and kids, people don't truly care who's gay and who isn't do they? but it's probably built up for years and got gradually harder.*
    Most gay people make an announcement of sorts to family and friends when they come out, it's difficult because "the norm" is for a man to love a woman. So he's only done on TV what others do with people they know, it also stops speculation, if he was to "come out" behind closed doors papers would be ride with rumours etc as it slowly leaked.*

Probably makes it easier for people watching too, who are thinking about coming out

Imagine if Cliff Richard bucked the trend while appearing on Loose Women or similar shite.

"Actually, contrary to decades of speculation, I've only ever been interested in quim and will rodger anything in a frock".

A & Es nationwide would fill with punters nursing dented heads having fainted with shock.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sadly, I think we have to recognise that people who are LGBTQ+ will still face prejudice and a good chunk of that will be from people who claim to find the topic boring or redundant or are our current prime minister. Wrestler Cody Rhodes said to his wife (person of colour) that he didn't see race to which she responded then you don't see what I have experienced. You've seen how unkind some of the comments in this thread have been despite surely being read by people in similar position to Schofield.
    I'm bored with the debate and speculation not the subject.Of course i feel for anyonethat others suffered from phobia

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

I said to my Mrs then I always thought he was a left footer and was surprised he was married
    let's not bring religion into it as well

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    How come no-one ever declares themself heterosexual accompanied with a fanfare of hugs and air kisses all round? It's only ever those who prefer backdoor deliveries who feel the need to publicly announce their sexual preferences.

And why is it always celebrities who do so? Wayne Whatshisname from Wolverhampton or Nigel Nobody from Nottingham never have an opportunity to tell the rest of us on TV of their nob-gobbling proclivity.
    David Bowie did , thankfully with no need to turn it into a TV media ratings circus , ITV must have a hard on .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    David Bowie did , thankfully with no need to turn it into a TV media ratings circus , ITV must have a hard on .
    Pretty different time then, no judge, jury and executioner of social media

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Pretty different time then, no judge, jury and executioner of social media
    Sense.

The rumour of him being a fan stemmed from his sometime stand-in in the Broom cupboard of CBBC, Simon Potter, was/Is a City fan (sat by me in bob bank a few times i think). A birthday cake was once given to him in the studio with our badge/crest on

I'm sure he'd love to but Philip Schofield is pretty famous in the UK and if he left his wife and got together with a man then it'd be all over the news, he'd have press doorstepping him and his family, it'd be chaos during an already emotionally tough time. He's doing it this way to own and control the conversation.
    He comes out on telly everyone loves him, Barrymore came out in a gay bar, everyone hated him? ( I know he has since gone on to much controversy, but treated completely differently)

He's so brave.
    😢

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    He comes out on telly everyone loves him, Barrymore came out in a gay bar, everyone hated him? ( I know he has since gone on to much controversy, but treated completely differently)
    I was only 12 when that happened so can't remember the reaction to Barrymore coming out but I've just had a google and it seems that no one hated him, in fact he was well supported by the public:

Despite the news, Barrymore's popularity didn't wane with the public.

Liddiment added: "The vast majority of the public accepted him for who he was. His audience were way ahead of the tabloids. He was just as authentic to them."

In the first awards ceremony after Barrymore came out, the National Television Awards, he won all three categories he was nominated in, including most popular entertainment presenter.

He insisted he had "no regrets" and paid tribute to his supporters, adding "my fans have been marvellous".

In an emotional acceptance speech, Barrymore said: "I’d like to say it isn’t what happens to you in your life it’s uh, how you deal with it.

"And when you have the support and love of a nation, then no problem apart from death, is unsolvable."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...riage-21429304

I was only 12 when that happened so can't remember the reaction to Barrymore coming out but I've just had a google and it seems that no one hated him, in fact he was well supported by the public:

Despite the news, Barrymore's popularity didn't wane with the public.

Liddiment added: "The vast majority of the public accepted him for who he was. His audience were way ahead of the tabloids. He was just as authentic to them."

In the first awards ceremony after Barrymore came out, the National Television Awards, he won all three categories he was nominated in, including most popular entertainment presenter.

He insisted he had "no regrets" and paid tribute to his supporters, adding "my fans have been marvellous".

In an emotional acceptance speech, Barrymore said: "I’d like to say it isn’t what happens to you in your life it’s uh, how you deal with it.

"And when you have the support and love of a nation, then no problem apart from death, is unsolvable."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...riage-21429304
    Claps

there are always going to be those who ram a branch in the spokes and this weekend activity surrounding this was no different

many had already said no way was he just coming out... it was so out of the blue and boom it was out...

some say its because he was about to be whistle blown pardon the pun...

and so the nasty side of the coin was revealed and of course its all rumour based but...

anyways some may have already seen...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyce8KwLGiQ&t=39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuWvvKdqln0

as many have said its not my business but maybe things are not quite as they seem...

The absolute state of that YouTube channel...

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    The absolute state of that YouTube channel...
    Isn't it though

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    there are always going to be those who ram a branch in the spokes and this weekend activity surrounding this was no different

many had already said no way was he just coming out... it was so out of the blue and boom it was out...

some say its because he was about to be whistle blown pardon the pun...

and so the nasty side of the coin was revealed and of course its all rumour based but...

anyways some may have already seen...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyce8KwLGiQ&t=39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuWvvKdqln0

as many have said its not my business but maybe things are not quite as they seem...
    ****ing hell

If a 51 year old straight man was having an affair behind his wifes back with an 18 year old female colleague he would be getting pelters, and rightly so. Dirty old bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If a 51 year old straight man was having an affair behind his wifes back with an 18 year old female colleague he would be getting pelters, and rightly so. Dirty old bastard.
    Has this been in the news? I've not been following the story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Has this been in the news? I've not been following the story at all.
    no one in the media are covering it at all... some say there will be an injunction already in place... ?

the young lad however deleted his official twitter account

nothing more mentioned on theis morning show... but if things escalate i wont be surprised if he will need to take a little time out to reflect... or that is what we will be told

like anything we are only being told what they want us to hear.. like the virus... 900 dead lol yeah right ok more like 4 times that...

Is it certain the lad on twitter was genuine then? What did he say and why did he delete his account?