+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City superfan Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

Re: City superfan Phillip Schofield comes out as gay

It's all boring as ****. The guy isn't a hero and he isn't a victim. The whole sexuality and identity bollocks gets on my tits.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's all boring as ****. The guy isn't a hero and he isn't a victim. The whole sexuality and identity bollocks gets on my tits.
    If people were accepting of others it wouldn't need to be an issue.

It's only still a big deal because being gay is still seen as wrong by lots of people in the UK. You say it gets on your tits but imagine having to hide your sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If people were accepting of others it wouldn't need to be an issue.

It's only still a big deal because being gay is still seen as wrong by lots of people in the UK. You say it gets on your tits but imagine having to hide your sexuality.
    It's relentless. I'm fed up of hearing how people are "brave" "heroes" etc.

If they want to be gay crack on, but the whole issue and the media attention it gets is getting tiring.

No doubt now we will have documentaries about it. He had a round of applause last night ffs.

Its embarrassing.

But the issue is people who want to be usually can't "crack on" because it's not that easy in society.

It's like people moan about gay pride because they don't understand the reason for it.

Gay people are still massively oppressed and coming out as gay is still a very difficult thing to do. Gay couples are more likely to be assaulted than heterosexual couples by a ridiculous margin. If society didn't have bigots you wouldn't need the people to be "brave heroes".

I don't understand how people are bored and tired of this, what media are you consuming where phillip schofield is being talked about all the time I've seen hardly anything

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    But the issue is people who want to be usually can't "crack on" because it's not that easy in society.

It's like people moan about gay pride because they don't understand the reason for it.

Gay people are still massively oppressed and coming out as gay is still a very difficult thing to do. Gay couples are more likely to be assaulted than heterosexual couples by a ridiculous margin. If society didn't have bigots you wouldn't need the people to be "brave heroes".

I don't understand how people are bored and tired of this, what media are you consuming where phillip schofield is being talked about all the time I've seen hardly anything
    I'm inclined to agree with those who say his wife is the victim not him.

The last 27 years of her life has been a lie. Yet I'm supposed to be crying into my TV cos he's had it so hard. Give me break.

I don't advocate anyone getting victimized in any way but I'm also fed up to the back teeth of being told what I should believe and seeing people on TV in their little bubble shouting "how dare you" at people who dare to think differently to them.

Since his initial coming out, I haven't seen shit about Schofield when I'm browsing the news.

If people are shouting "it's all I'm reading/seeing!" then they must be seeking out this news about him just to moan about it. Weirdo's.

I may have said this earlier but some bloke I know gets incredibly angry at the cardiff gay pride festival I tell him either avoid cardiff on that day or watch a box set

Hes very homophobic

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Since his initial coming out, I haven't seen shit about Schofield when I'm browsing the news.

If people are shouting "it's all I'm reading/seeing!" then they must be seeking out this news about him just to moan about it. Weirdo's.
    Closet types maybe

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Closet types maybe
    I think it's post-orgasm guilt.

They see a story with a picture of him, crack one off, and then as they're wiping up with a towel they're like "how dare that Schofield seduce me from the news story with his intense, erotic eyes!". Filthy.

I think it's post-orgasm guilt.

They see a story with a picture of him, crack one off, and then as they're wiping up with a towel they're like "how dare that Schofield seduce me from the news story with his intense, erotic eyes!". Filthy.
    Dirty rotters

If they want to be gay crack on, but the whole issue and the media attention it gets is getting tiring.

No doubt now we will have documentaries about it. He had a round of applause last night ffs.

Its embarrassing.
    Which other celebrities have come out and been called heroes? Must have been loads of them if you're sick and tired of it, I can't think of many but maybe you go on different websites to me

Relentless, really? I must have my head in the sand it’s barely registered with me previously.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Which other celebrities have come out and been called heroes? Must have been loads of them if you're sick and tired of it, I can't think of many but maybe you go on different websites to me
    Alfie do the ayatollah thomas

I find him annoying these days mind , not because of his sexuality , hes just annoying

I find him annoying these days mind , not because of his sexuality , hes just annoying
    If someone that came out 11 years ago is the best example then I think the "it's relentless" argument suffers slightly

If someone that came out 11 years ago is the best example then I think the "it's relentless" argument suffers slightly
    The whole crusade of people like Owen Jones and his gang on Twitter. Non-binary and all the other bull shit that people are pushing these days.

Every time you watch a debate on politics you'll find someone on the left (and I like to think of myself on the left) getting all upset and having a hissy about something someone said.

Owen Jones is the worst of them all along with that Ash Sarkur. They can never appear on anything without being offended.

Yet if someone who thinks as they do is being offensive that's fine. It's a load of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    He's so brave.
    😢
    I know all that awful fame ,increased viewers ,bigger contract ,more (stroking ) little animal commercials

I agree he is annoying. Great player but god is he dull on the telly. Surely someone (anyone?!) Could do a better job?

The whole crusade of people like Owen Jones and his gang on Twitter. Non-binary and all the other bull shit that people are pushing these days.

Every time you watch a debate on politics you'll find someone on the left (and I like to think of myself on the left) getting all upset and having a hissy about something someone said.

Owen Jones is the worst of them all along with that Ash Sarkur. They can never appear on anything without being offended.

Yet if someone who thinks as they do is being offensive that's fine. It's a load of shit.
    I don't really see the link between this and people coming out apart from the fact that Owen Jones is gay but I will say it's pretty easy to not see stuff on Twitter. I don't want to hear the viewpoints of Nigel Farage for example, so I don't read anything he says and I don't click on links about him. I've also muted Brexit because I'm sick of the chat about it from both sides.

If you're seeing a lot of "Owen Jones and his gang" on Twitter then it's because you're choosing to, that is quite literally the only way the website works.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I agree he is annoying. Great player but god is he dull on the telly. Surely someone (anyone?!) Could do a better job?
    I would get rid of gabby Logan too

I don't really see the link between this and people coming out apart from the fact that Owen Jones is gay but I will say it's pretty easy to not see stuff on Twitter. I don't want to hear the viewpoints of Nigel Farage for example, so I don't read anything he says and I don't click on links about him. I've also muted Brexit because I'm sick of the chat about it from both sides.

If you're seeing a lot of "Owen Jones and his gang" on Twitter then it's because you're choosing to, that is quite literally the only way the website works.
    I read both sides to attempt to form a more balanced opinion. If I just read one side it's easy to have all your views shaped with no counter argument.

I read both sides to attempt to form a more balanced opinion. If I just read one side it's easy to have all your views shaped with no counter argument.
    Absolutely. But if you choose to read both sides don't then complain about the fact that you hear a lot from one side. You choose how much you hear from either side

I'm inclined to agree with those who say his wife is the victim not him.

The last 27 years of her life has been a lie. Yet I'm supposed to be crying into my TV cos he's had it so hard. Give me break.

I don't advocate anyone getting victimized in any way but I'm also fed up to the back teeth of being told what I should believe and seeing people on TV in their little bubble shouting "how dare you" at people who dare to think differently to them.
    Why aren't they both victims to a certain extent? Schofield is 57 years old and 27 years ago LGBTQ+ rights were not as they are now, although progress still needs to be made. For context in 1994 (so one year after he got married):

1994 – The Conservative Member of Parliament Edwina Currie introduced an amendment to lower the age of consent for homosexual acts, from 21 to 16 in line with that for heterosexual acts. The vote was defeated and the gay male age of consent was instead lowered to 18. The lesbian age of consent was not set. Charity Save the Children dropped lesbian Sandi Toksvig as compere of its 75th-anniversary celebrations after she came out

That's the world he was living in when he was deceiving his wife as well as potentially himself. If you think about him as a teenager and becoming an adult then it occurs somewhere between the Labour party refusing to stand by Maureen Colquhoun after she came out as a lesbian and stories about aids would have been starting to hit the newspapers. I'm certainly not saying he's a hero just because he's come out, Caitlyn Jenner continued to support Trump after coming out which appears a wanky move really, but think we can recognise it's a brave thing to do. There was a tweet not so long ago about seeing people peeling off stickers from London Pride on the tube so they didn't get judged/attacked further away from the event so whether something that would happen or a perception of something that would happen there is clearly progress still to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why aren't they both victims to a certain extent? Schofield is 57 years old and 27 years ago LGBTQ+ rights were not as they are now, although progress still needs to be made. For context in 1994 (so one year after he got married):

1994 – The Conservative Member of Parliament Edwina Currie introduced an amendment to lower the age of consent for homosexual acts, from 21 to 16 in line with that for heterosexual acts. The vote was defeated and the gay male age of consent was instead lowered to 18. The lesbian age of consent was not set. Charity Save the Children dropped lesbian Sandi Toksvig as compere of its 75th-anniversary celebrations after she came out

That's the world he was living in when he was deceiving his wife as well as potentially himself. If you think about him as a teenager and becoming an adult then it occurs somewhere between the Labour party refusing to stand by Maureen Colquhoun after she came out as a lesbian and stories about aids would have been starting to hit the newspapers. I'm certainly not saying he's a hero just because he's come out, Caitlyn Jenner continued to support Trump after coming out which appears a wanky move really, but think we can recognise it's a brave thing to do. There was a tweet not so long ago about seeing people peeling off stickers from London Pride on the tube so they didn't get judged/attacked further away from the event so whether something that would happen or a perception of something that would happen there is clearly progress still to be made.
    Save the children , christian aid , very conservative , with a small and in many cases big C

A couple of years ago my dad rang me in a fit of rage. He'd been into a card shop to look for a wedding card. Whilst browsing through a few columns of wedding cards, he found one for a Mr and Mr. That, according to him, was ramming homosexuality down his throat. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A couple of years ago my dad rang me in a fit of rage. He'd been into a card shop to look for a wedding card. Whilst browsing through a few columns of wedding cards, he found one for a Mr and Mr. That, according to him, was ramming homosexuality down his throat. Bizarre.