+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Bi Fold door installers on here?

Any Bi Fold door installers on here?

I’ve had my Bi Folds installed in 2012- aluminium.
    Got a small problem with the main back door catching every time you open or close it.
    The original installer are no longer trading and everyone I’ve called doesn’t want to know.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanks

Re: Any Bi Fold door installers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Got a small problem with the main back door catching every time you open or close it.
    The original installer are no longer trading and everyone I’ve called doesn’t want to know.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    Not sure about bi fold but when our front door started catching the cap on top of the hinge pops off and then can be adjusted with an Allen key.

Thanks Ian
    It’s definitely an adjustment
    It’s catching on the bottom 👍

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    I had this. Ours are triple glazed and so weigh a ton, and because the glass hadn't been properly toe and heeled (I think that is what it was called), it caused the door to drop over time. The guy came back once to fix it and it worked for a bit then went bad again. Called him back again and he didn't care. (He never invoiced me for the installation so I'm guessing he was embarassed - he only lives a few doors away too). I tried the manufacturers but they said the doors are sorted before sent so wouldn't be their fault and I . I had the same trouble as you did in getting anyone to come and help, but eventually a local window company did come around, took a look at the work, shook their heads and mumbled a bit and then re-fitted the entire thing. Works fine now. Cost me £300 for about 2 hours work, but at least it sorted it. The company was about 2 mins away in the car which I think helped - basically money for nothing when they had a quiet afternoon, and pretty risk-free too as I obviously couldn't hold them responsible for future problems.

Thanks Nick
    It’s really frustrating mate.
    No decker wants to know.
    My mate across the road is currently having an extension and had bi folds installed.
    I explained to the fitter who turned out owned the company- he gave me a card and asked me to ring him the end of January
    I’ve text - rang - he won’t pick up or respond?
    Seems they want the big job but anything smaller and it’s a feck off tablet.
    Poor advert for these companies 😫

Thanks Nick
    It’s really frustrating mate.
    No decker wants to know.
    My mate across the road is currently having an extension and had bi folds installed.
    I explained to the fitter who turned out owned the company- he gave me a card and asked me to ring him the end of January
    I’ve text - rang - he won’t pick up or respond?
    Seems they want the big job but anything smaller and it’s a feck off tablet.
    Poor advert for these companies ��
    Tell him you are thinking of having an extension done too?

To be fair I can sort of understand that the profit for them is probably in supply of bifolds rather than fitting so there is possibly no real point in doing it. It's not a public service after all. But it is frustrating!

Makes an arse of buying bi fold doors if the answer to maintenance is having them re- fitted every time you have a problem 🤔

Makes an arse of buying bi fold doors if the answer to maintenance is having them re- fitted every time you have a problem ��
    It was just the glazing that was refitted. nobody touched the hinges etc.