+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12,823 Registered members

12,823 Registered members

Just wondering why there are lots of members on here that have never posted?
    I'm not knocking you, just curious as to why you'd join up but not join in?
    Come on and say hi

Re: 12,823 Registered members

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Come on and say hi
    Multi posters

There’s so much good stuff on here, football and non football, I’d like to post more, but so many threads descend into arguments and points scoring, or are just weird, it can feel easier to just observe. You are right though, the more voices the better the standard of discussion.

Its like our match attendances inflated , and I'm sure some have multiple identities

I have to agree with Toggs
    Observation from afar was always my mantra and I decided to participate but you Taffies can’t half talk some utter bollux sometimes !!

I think a lot of those accounts may have been registered on the old forum and the users never made the switch over. Admittedly, it's late on a Friday night for most of you, but only 2% oof users are currently logged in. I find it hard to believe the number of "lurkers" would equal the number of posters, but even then only 4% would currently logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think a lot of those accounts may have been registered on the old forum and the users never made the switch over. Admittedly, it's late on a Friday night for most of you, but only 2% oof users are currently logged in. I find it hard to believe the number of "lurkers" would equal the number of posters, but even then only 4% would currently logged in.
    That's a very valid point, some may have switched from old forum and changed identies as well .

Not sure about the multi thing. If you've created another account for whatever reason, then why isn't it being used?

I visit here daily and have done for many years. Almost every thread is hijacked by two or three individuals intent on being abusive to one another. I find the forum the most realistic, if not reliable, source of information about Cardiff City but can't be arsed getting involved in any form of debate.

Well said Tees

Quote Originally Posted by TeesBlue View Post
    I visit here daily and have done for many years. Almost every thread is hijacked by two or three individuals intent on being abusive to one another. I find the forum the most realistic, if not reliable, source of information about Cardiff City but can't be arsed getting involved in any form of debate.
    This is so true.

There are 3 or 4 who dominate a thread to the extent that if their name is on it I stop looking.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    This is so true.

There are 3 or 4 who dominate a thread to the extent that if their name is on it I stop looking.
    my new years resolution is to try and sort that out.

a forum dominated by the minority that affects the majority is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

a forum dominated by the minority that affects the majority is not a good thing.

I had problems with resetting passwords etc and worked out it was easier to create a new account - I think I have 3 but only ever use 1

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    My diet resolution has lapsed too...

I think one ex fan must have 12000 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesBlue View Post
    Name names so we can get them out of here

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Name names so we can get them out of here
    I think moggis is the viper in the room

Multiple user names , threads about sunglasses and his holidays to rome

Its beyond a joke

Email the pine man and ask if he still wants to continue his membership

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I saw him the other day , browsing the shops

Hes given up the fags and lost loads of weight

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Who is the pine man?

Come on and say hi
    I remember when I first signed up, I was apprehensive about posting initially (I don’t know why really)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I remember when I first signed up, I was apprehensive about posting initially (I don’t know why really)
    Me too. I think my first post was an introductory one, along the lines of ''Hi lads, long time lurker here, so I thought I'd join in.''
    I had quite a few ''welcome to the forum'' replies and was made to feel more than welcome.
    Is there any way of finding out what your first post was, or after 10 years has it been confined to the CCMB dustbin?

Me too. I think my first post was an introductory one, along the lines of ''Hi lads, long time lurker here, so I thought I'd join in.''
    I had quite a few ''welcome to the forum'' replies and was made to feel more than welcome.
    Is there any way of finding out what your first post was, or after 10 years has it been confined to the CCMB dustbin?
    I how many would be ‘Slade out!’ ;-)