+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY: Match Thread

FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY: Match Thread

Luton could give a first start to on-loan Tottenham defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, with Sonny Bradley a doubt.

Winger Callum McManaman has overcome a hamstring strain, but Brendan Galloway, Eunan O'Kane and Danny Hylton miss out.

Albert Adomah is set to make his Cardiff debut after joining on loan from Nottingham Forest on deadline day.

Dion Sanderson could also make his first appearance, having arrived from Wolves, and Lee Tomlin, Sean Morrison and Alex Smithies are set to return.

Match factsLuton haven't hosted Cardiff for a league match since New Year's Day in 2007, drawing 0-0 at Kenilworth Road.Cardiff are looking to secure their first league double over Luton since the 1979-80 campaign.Luton have lost 20 of their opening 30 league matches this season; 24 of the last 25 sides in England's top four tiers to lose at least 20 games at this stage have gone on to be relegated, with the exception being Dagenham and Redbridge in 2011-12 in League Two.Cardiff have only lost two of their last 14 matches in the Championship (W5 D7), though they have both been away from home (vs Brentford and QPR).Luton have made 632 defensive actions in the Championship this season, the fewest of any side in the competition.Cardiff have had 51 sequences of at least 10 passes in open play this season, the fewest of any side in the Championship, and some 394 fewer than the team with the most - Fulham (445).

Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match Thread

We have got to put teams like Luton to the sword , now is not the time for plucky away draws

Hopefully harris will go for it and get stuck into them from the kick off

We play the bottom 5 in our next 7, if we're at all serious about putting together some sort of play off push then we have to beat Luton, hopefully convincingly as well, otherwise this season is curtains. In true championship fashion, Bristol losing last night has once again opened the door for us again, how on earth we aren't further than 7 points off (game in hand currently) is a true marker of how poor the championship is this season.

Hour or so until we see the lineup.

I am interested to see who plays RB today, will show what direction the manager is going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We play the bottom 5 in our next 7, if we're at all serious about putting together some sort of play off push then we have to beat Luton, hopefully convincingly as well, otherwise this season is curtains. In true championship fashion, Bristol losing last night has once again opened the door for us again, how on earth we aren't further than 7 points off (game in hand currently) is a true marker of how poor the championship is this season.
    Some would argue how 'competitive' it is this season.
    I think 'poor' is accurate.

C'mon the City!!!

I'll come right out and say it, I do t like Paterson up top.

Use him as a 10 by all means.

Your striker scored midweek, well taken goal and not just a scruffy scuff in or right place right time tap in. Disappointing tbh.

Over 3.5 goals.

According to 11vs11, this fixture was first played away Christmas Day, then home on Boxing day 1931. I wonder what that was about.

Sounds like an error though.

Bright first 6 minutes from City.

ffs backs are a shambles

Nelson having a bit of a Weston Super. We were well on top until the last few minutes.

Good start from Adomah

Nelson and Richards - continual liabilities who unnerve the rest of the defence.

Nelson three error now......should have resulted in 2 goals. All Luton now...but they cannot finish.

Should be 1-0 down. Three clangers from Nelson already. Get him off if his head isn't right.

Nelson is having a mare.

who the feck signed this tosser nelson

on another note....Ireland 19 Wales 7 after 47 minutes....

I haven't seen Tomlin at all yet. We've played 27 mins... bloody hell this is bad.

Started well
    Bottom of the league currently taking the piss.

i'd take half of luton's side over the utter shite we have accumulated over the years

A
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    According to 11vs11, this fixture was first played away Christmas Day, then home on Boxing day 1931. I wonder what that was about.

Sounds like an error though.
    That was the norm in those far off days.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A
    That was the norm in those far off days.
    They played like that into the 50s, I think.

Were on back foot now ,what has happened it's almost as we have given up on this season .