+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Nations

Six Nations

After the opening weekend where Wales weren't tested and England surprisingly beaten (if you listen to the home experts that is) I think it could all change today.

It will be a big test for Wales today in Ireland. I think Wales will lose a close game and this could be the championship decider.

Scotland v England a difficult one to call what with the Scots running Ireland close last week (hopefully it was that both Ireland and Scotland aren't that great and Wales having a better chance than people may think) but I think England will win.

Oh and I think France might well beat Italy tomorrow.

Cue the usual comments

Re: Six Nations

i agree about this ireland match.

Wales to win by over 15 points I reckon 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Wales to win by over 15 points I reckon ��
    ireland look well up for it

Wales half asleep so far - line kicking woeful, while Tomkins' defensive shortcomings have been exposed on more than the try

5-0 so far and we've barely had the ball.

battered

Leathered

At least it will make that six nations sin bin bunch of gabby Logan, Gareth Thomas and their minor league celebrities look stupid if something positive comes out of a wales defeat , I will have that , its shocking television

In today's western mail colour supplement they had a photo of irish and welsh rugby fans next to a poster saying " anyone but england "

Wales wants to be seen on the world stage as a proud nation yet here we have a picture saying the same as that idiot kelly jones , it doesn't matter as long as we beat the english

Well wales got battered today wether the welsh media likes it or not

I wonder if the telegraph , mirror , daily mail , guardian etc are celebrating a welsh defeat today ?

I bet they dont give a feck

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In today's western mail colour supplement they had a photo of irish and welsh rugby fans next to a poster saying " anyone but england "

Wales wants to be seen on the world stage as a proud nation yet here we have a picture saying the same as that idiot kelly jones , it doesn't matter as long as we beat the english

I wonder if the telegraph , mirror , daily mail , guardian etc are celebrating a welsh defeat today ?

True. Its feckin embarrassing.

Kelly the stupid twat is also a Leeds fan!!!!

The Irish also dont have the little bloke syndrome. This is the Taffia and its egg based anti England agenda.

The old reverse psychology has won again lol 🏉🇮🇪🤫👍

Hate this sort of stuff and it is genuine with some as well. I've never personally understood it.

Just small time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    True. Its feckin embarrassing.

Kelly the stupid twat is also a Leeds fan!!!!
    Which is of course , in england

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Irish also dont have the little bloke syndrome. This is the Taffia and its egg based anti England agenda.
    The taffia and the rugby loving anti english welsh media are a joke , it's not us failing to vote plaid cymru that's holding us back , its these idiots

The two key points was their third try and then them winning the penalty at the scrum circa 60 minutes. Our play wasn't good enough to get anything - maybe a losing bonus point? - out of the game but those two moments sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The two key points was their third try and then them winning the penalty at the scrum circa 60 minutes. Our play wasn't good enough to get anything - maybe a losing bonus point? - out of the game but those two moments sealed it.
    Ireland are a good side , too good for wales today

U

Couldn't agree more, so embarrassing.

There was a 30 minute pre-match light enyertainment programme on earlier hosted by Gabby Yorath.
    A few guests included Gareth Thomas and Ardle O'Hanlon, the latter who I find naturally funny, God knows how he got roped into appearing on the crap.
    The Kaiser Chiefs taking part in a quiz bigging up Wales.

Truly dreadful and again embarrassing.

The taffia and the rugby loving anti english welsh media are a joke , it's not us failing to vote plaid cymru that's holding us back , its these idiots
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    U

There was a 30 minute pre-match light enyertainment programme on earlier hosted by Gabby Yorath.
    A few guests included Gareth Thomas and Ardle O'Hanlon, the latter who I find naturally funny, God knows how he got roped into appearing on the crap.

It was on last night and they repeated the crap again today , cringeworthy stuff

U

Roped in with a big cheque for playing the token Irishman for 30 minutes. Easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Roped in with a big cheque for playing the token Irishman for 30 minutes. Easy money.
    This is true. He was the highlight of the show.

Ireland are a good side , too good for wales today
    Not being a massive rugby fan I wonder how much the following had an impact on our performance:

i) weather conditions stopping us from playing more of a kicking game
    ii) that we're transitioning to playing with the ball more so are looking to lose focus on a kicking game
    iii) pre-game and in-game injuries

Whatever the reason, it seemed that the Irish defence was able to shut us down bar maybe two or three half opportunities. Disappointing but a bit of a rest now to work on what needs to be worked on before next game.

I didn't see the game but I did fancy the Irish, particularly on home soil.

Can anyone tell me why they had two home games in a week?
    It always used to be home then away, alternate games.

The Irish are quite a formidable team at home and they have had a huge advantage IMHO.
    It's a similar case with France at home again tomorrow after beating England at home last week

Irrespective of how the game finishes, WTF has happened to England?
    It's 3-3 with 25 minutes left in their game against Scotland.
    They are a shadow of the team that lost narrowly in the WC final just 3 months ago.

Irrespective of how the game finishes, WTF has happened to England?
    It's 3-3 with 25 minutes left in their game against Scotland.
    They are a shadow of the team that lost narrowly in the WC final just 3 months ago.
    Today's it's the weather but they should have the power and brains to adapt