Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tomlin goal was special.

  1. #1

    Tomlin goal was special.

    Took the ball on the half turn, second touch to set himself up and what a finish. Real quality. The best thing about that goal was that he knew that he had the space to turn into, he's had a little look, that's the difference, most players would've taken a touch then turned, and defender upon them. That was real class.

  2. #2

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    He's always had the class he just didn't always apply himself, perhaps we should credit Harris with bringing him to the fore once again .

  3. #3

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's always had the class he just didn't always apply himself, perhaps we should credit Harris with bringing him to the fore once again .
    Indeed ,well done tomlin , well done harris

  4. #4

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's always had the class he just didn't always apply himself, perhaps we should credit Harris with bringing him to the fore once again .
    Special goal it was.

    I also think we should credit Harris yes.
    Not been one for stats per se but I noticed that we are the only side unbeaten in their last 5 games.
    Harris has inherited a squad and is still trying to work out his best side.

    Become hard to beat and you always have a chance of winning the game with a player like Tomlin.

  5. #5

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed ,well done tomlin , well done harris
    That pass he made over to Murphy (i think) during the first half, from right to left, about 40 yards and squeezed between two Luton defenders . Good grief, that was world class, the ball could only go one place and the defenders would've known that but they still couldn't get to the ball. He's got a wand of a right foot and the vision of a Hawk. The rest of his game isn't brilliant, but that pass and his goal were the stuff that we should be talking about on here. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already. I don't think people realise how good and rare moments like that are.

  6. #6

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    2 free kicks (Sheff Wed and WBA) when a lot of people say you need to be further out than the edge of the penalty area; a goal volleyed against Leeds which had to be put into about a square yard at the far post; a flick-on against Leeds for Glatzel that was world--class; and today's beauty.

    The man is a joy to watch.

    When he signed for us I was so pleased, because against us he always looked so dangerous - then Warnock never played him. Well done Harris.


  7. #7

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Took the ball on the half turn, second touch to set himself up and what a finish. Real quality. The best thing about that goal was that he knew that he had the space to turn into, he's had a little look, that's the difference, most players would've taken a touch then turned, and defender upon them. That was real class.
    He’s a class act when he’s on it. Hes making Warnock look like a right **** with every passing week.

  8. #8

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed ,well done tomlin , well done harris
    Absolutely. People getting their knickers in a twist over Harris letting Peltier go yet he’s got Lee Tomlin playing some of the best football of his career. Let’s give the guy some credit.

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Goal celebrations weren't bad, too. Nobody died...just!

  11. #11

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Lovely dummy and strike

  12. #12

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Goal celebrations weren't bad, too. Nobody died...just!
    1979 , no one died

  13. #13

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That pass he made over to Murphy (i think) during the first half, from right to left, about 40 yards and squeezed between two Luton defenders . Good grief, that was world class, the ball could only go one place and the defenders would've known that but they still couldn't get to the ball. He's got a wand of a right foot and the vision of a Hawk. The rest of his game isn't brilliant, but that pass and his goal were the stuff that we should be talking about on here. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already. I don't think people realise how good and rare moments like that are.
    I mentioned it! Sort of anyway ;-). I remember the pass that you are talking about and thinking at the time how it must be quite frustrating for him making oases like that, when most of his team mates are not quite at his level but compensate in other ways (effort, running etc)

    He was hardly in the game today really but what he does is normally eye catching.

  14. #14

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    2 free kicks (Sheff Wed and WBA) when a lot of people say you need to be further out than the edge of the penalty area; a goal volleyed against Leeds which had to be put into about a square yard at the far post; a flick-on against Leeds for Glatzel that was world--class; and today's beauty.

    The man is a joy to watch.

    When he signed for us I was so pleased, because against us he always looked so dangerous - then Warnock never played him. Well done Harris.

    I remember noticing him (and I rarely notice players on the opposing team) when he played against us for the Wurzels and disliking him intensely as he was really mouthy and always in everyone’s face.

    So I was quite pleased when he joined even though I have been a big critic of his since his arrival. But I am glad that he is making me eat my words.

  15. #15

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I mentioned it! Sort of anyway ;-). I remember the pass that you are talking about and thinking at the time how it must be quite frustrating for him making oases like that, when most of his team mates are not quite at his level but compensate in other ways (effort, running etc)

    He was hardly in the game today really but what he does is normally eye catching.
    Sad thing is hes at the twilight of his career , real shame

  16. #16

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Took the ball on the half turn, second touch to set himself up and what a finish. Real quality. The best thing about that goal was that he knew that he had the space to turn into, he's had a little look, that's the difference, most players would've taken a touch then turned, and defender upon them. That was real class.
    It was the only piece of decent football all game which Tomlin was good enough to finish off.
    But I wouldn't go as far as 'special'.
    We should be seeing more from a side 2 places off top 6 against a side who are already effectively in League 1.
    But hey a win's a win!
    Blooobirdsss!

  17. #17

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    It was the only piece of decent football all game which Tomlin was good enough to finish off.
    But I wouldn't go as far as 'special'.
    We should be seeing more from a side 2 places off top 6 against a side who are already effectively in League 1.
    But hey a win's a win!
    Blooobirdsss!
    You are right. It WAS the only piece of decent football in the whole game :-0

  18. #18

    Re: Tomlin goal was special.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sad thing is hes at the twilight of his career , real shame
    If he had this mentality years ago he would not be playing for us.Tomlin is class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •