+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back.....

Just got back.....

An away win is always a good one but this was a game low on quality decided inevitably by the one player that has just that little bit more ability than all the others.

We weren’t very good, but Luton were even worse.

We actually started well and it must have been 10 or 15 mins before Luton had an attack. Adomah looked lively (all game to be fair - probably our best player and constantly involved and taking on his man, hopefully reminding a poor Josh Murphy what a winger’s job is). But our crossing was woeful and despite dominating early possession no chances resulted until 2 errors by Nelson presented Luton with 2 chances that they had done nothing to earn.

The first half really was quite poor all round but at least in the second half we really pushed Luton right back and kept them in their own half for seemingly ages, forcing a series of corners if not clear cut chances.

So it was almost inevitable that Tomlin would score by doing that little bit more than anyone else had managed to all game. He had quite a quiet game but his infrequent contributions tend to be telling.

Pats ran around a lot but didn’t achieve much or look like a centre forward. The midfield wasn’t really stretched probably due to the shortcomings of the opposition and neither was the defence, once Nelson got his act together, for similar reasons.

Luton never looked like scoring until injury time when it looked like Smithies spilled a shot but just collected it in time.

And what a rubbish ground Kenilworth Road is, complete with even worse parking.

4 points off sixth now :-0

Re: Just got back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    An away win is always a good one but this was a game low on quality decided inevitably by the one player that has just that little bit more ability than all the others.

We weren’t very good, but Luton were even worse.

We actually started well and it must have been 10 or 15 mins before Luton had an attack. Adomah looked lively (all game to be fair - probably our best player and constantly involved and taking on his man, hopefully reminding a poor Josh Murphy what a winger’s job is). But our crossing was woeful and despite dominating early possession no chances resulted until 2 errors by Nelson presented Luton with 2 chances that they had done nothing to earn.

The first half really was quite poor all round but at least in the second half we really pushed Luton right back and kept them in their own half for seemingly ages, forcing a series of corners if not clear cut chances.

So it was almost inevitable that Tomlin would score by doing that little bit more than anyone else had managed to all game. He had quite a quiet game but his infrequent contributions tend to be telling.

Pats ran around a lot but didn’t achieve much or look like a centre forward. The midfield wasn’t really stretched probably due to the shortcomings of the opposition and neither was the defence, once Nelson got his act together, for similar reasons.

Luton never looked like scoring until injury time when it looked like Smithies spilled a shot but just collected it in time.

And what a rubbish ground Kenilworth Road is, complete with even worse parking.

4 points off sixth now :-0
    Thanks for the report

Wether we like it or not paterson up front is our only option really and hes chipped in with a fair number of goals recently

It's clear tomlin is our main threat , what we need is a fit ralls to defend him and track back

Looked like more than 1000 city fans there to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thanks for the report

Wether we like it or not paterson up front is our only option really and hes chipped in with a fair number of goals recently

It's clear tomlin is our main threat , what we need is a fit ralls to defend him and track back

Looked like more than 1000 city fans there to be fair
    Agree with that although I’d have liked to have seen Ward or Glatzel come on for Pats at some stage, but we are hardly blessed in that department as you say.

I counted 11 coaches on the road outside the ground afterwards. Our end was reasonably full.

Agree with that although I’d have liked to have seen Ward or Glatzel come on for Pats at some stage, but we are hardly blessed in that department as you say.

I counted 11 coaches on the road outside the ground afterwards. Our end was reasonably full.
    I would like to see ward playing off paterson but we dont seem to have persisted with it

The club said they had sold 1000 tickets , it looked more than that

I would like to see ward playing off paterson but we dont seem to have persisted with it
    Yeah, I’d like to see that too.

The club said they had sold 1000 tickets , it looked more than that
    I was to the side nearly level with the touch line and there was quite a bit of space.

(And what was that fracas all about in the left hand corner of the stand by the door to the ‘Away Bar’ that warranted the police turning up? 🤷*♂️)

I was to the side nearly level with the touch line and there was quite a bit of space.

(And what was that fracas all about in the left hand corner of the stand by the door to the ‘Away Bar’ that warranted the police turning up? 🤷*♂️)
    It was city fans fighting each other to get to the bar first. And this was 3:30pm.
    Pathetic 😌

Impressed again by Izzy Brown for them

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Impressed again by Izzy Brown for them
    Was he the chap with the hair?