+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adomah

Adomah

How did he do?

Re: Adomah

Get in the right places, was comfortable in the ball, put in some tidy crosses, looks up to pass.

Very professional. Showed how a good winger should play. May be not as quick as he once was I suspect but much more end product than I'd expected and quite strong defensively. Was motm bar Tomlin's goal.
    It was only Luton though!

Good player. Hopefully he’ll hit some form.

Linked well with Richards. Was a constant threat. Technically better than all of our wingers and seemed to have lots of time to do what he wanted. He's not a long term solution but hopefully will be able to teach our other wide players a few things.

TB honest
    Albert had the best City debut I can remember. Did he not make the pass that Lee Marc scored from.
    He was really good. Excellent for me.

Great news!

I was there. And he looked phenomenal. Might be hyperbole as we won. But who cares

Ran himself into the ground by making himself available for every possession we had. Constantly putting crosses in, winning corners and at times it looked like a one man show. It did become a bit predictable though and Luton just got bodies into the box to defend these crosses. If Murphy/Hoilett could step up their game on the other side we would be dangerous.

Highest passing accuracy on our team with 86.7%. That's 30 passes. Twice more than Murphy on the other wing. All smiles too. Just what we need. Lack of pace didn't seem to matter yesterday but who knows against better teams.

well he looked pretty good amongst the rest of the team who's only intention for the first half was to give the ball to luton

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    TB honest
    Albert had the best City debut I can remember. Did he not make the pass that Lee Marc scored from.
    He was really good. Excellent for me.
    I thought he was our best player by a mile. Agree that is was an encouraging debut, bettered only maybe by Craig Noone against Wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I thought he was our best player by a mile. Agree that is was an encouraging debut, bettered only maybe by Craig Noone against Wolves?
    Was Koumas coming on and scoring two against dirty Leeds a debut?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Was Koumas coming on and scoring two against dirty Leeds a debut?
    He scored one cracker. Purse scored the other from the spot. Trying to remember if Koumas had been fouled.

It was a debut. He came on at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He scored one cracker. Purse scored the other from the spot. Trying to remember if Koumas had been fouled.

It was a debut. He came on at half time.
    You're right. I remembered the fact that he came on and almost immediately changed the game and I assumed he scored both goals. It was a Kilgallon handball for the Purse pen. It was a belter though from Jas.

Talking of debuts, Highland league whipping boys Fort William gave a debut yesterday to 17 year old Lewis Hyde. He scored the winner with virtually the last kick a minute after Turriff had equalised deep into injury time.

This is encouraging - did we buy him or loan him?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    This is encouraging - did we buy him or loan him?
    Loan. I think we've got the option too. He is getting on though, but he certainly looks experienced.

Going back 50 years, John Toshack's replacement, Alan Warboys softened the blow scoring 2 on his home debut against Sheff Wed. I was at that game, but not Koumas's debut.

Just a simple thing that I noticed Adomah do, he took a few quick throw-ins that found a City player in space. He also made himself available without a man on his back to also receive a quick throw-in from time-to-time. This allowed us to keep the momentum going... it was refreshing to see.