+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your hypothetical football career

Your hypothetical football career

Saw this on Twitter:

You play for 7 clubs: development club, big move at 21, another at 24, at 27, then three on the way down at 30 onwards. What's your career?

A mixture of great clubs to play for and lovely places to live for me:

Monaco

Dortmund
    Barcelona
    Juventus

Porto
    Cardiff City
    LA Galaxy

Re: Your hypothetical football career

Delmi, can I put a twist on it and name the opponents I’d like to play against for my 7 clubs?
    Boca Juniors v River Plate

Inter Milan v AC Milan
    Barcelona v Real Madrid
    Galatasary v Fenerbahce

St Pauli v Hamburg
    City v Swansea
    Bridgend Street v Splott Albion (again)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Delmi, can I put a twist on it and name the opponents I’d like to play against for my 7 clubs?
    Boca Juniors v River Plate

Inter Milan v AC Milan
    Barcelona v Real Madrid
    Galatasary v Fenerbahce

St Pauli v Hamburg
    City v Swansea
    Bridgend Street v Splott Albion (again)
    Where was/is Bridgend St?

Off Portmanmoor Rd, lower Splott, Fleurs club is the only original existing building on Portmanmoor Rd now, rest of it is industrial units where the old terraced streets used to be.

loved our battles with bridgend street but in the baseball SP !

My football career would mirror that of willie boland

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    loved our battles with bridgend street but in the baseball SP !
    Shame about the demise of the great sport of baseball but heartening to see that Bridgend St’s football side is still flourishing (even though it’s a far cry from the days when we were fielding 4 sides every Saturday.

The only clubs I’d choose to play for are City and Ajax. Open to offers otherwise.

I've actually played in the Premier league and averaged a goal a game.
    Ok, it was the Welsh Premier league and the only reason I played was because of a car breakdown that was carrying four players never made it to Briton Ferry. I only went along to watch as my mate used to play. One minute I'm standing on the terrace waiting for the teams to come on, the next I've got the coach asking me what size boots I wear! Five minutes later the coach hands me a pair of daps that belonged to the linesman.
    I was put up front along with the sponge man and given a false name. I was so unfit but knew we only had 11 players and I would have to play the full ninety!
    I'm a big lump at 6ft 2 and quite chunky (fat) but the two Briton Ferry lads that were marking me were huge to say the least and kicked the mother out of me. I could hear a couple of the home fans saying ''who's that number 9, he's sh1t''
    Just before half time the ball somehow came to me and I smashed it in the back of the net from all of four foot away. It gave me great pleasure to celebrate in front of the home fans who I'd heard abusing me earlier even though we were 3 nil down.
    We went on to lose 9-1, but its a day I'll never forget and always reminisce with my mate who played over a hundred games and never scored once

Sporting Lisbon

Manchester United
    Real Madrid
    Juventus

N/A
    N/A
    N/A

Retire at age 53 with 10 Ballon d'Or awards, and 10 Champions League winners medals with 3 different clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I've actually played in the Premier league and averaged a goal a game.
    Ok, it was the Welsh Premier league and the only reason I played was because of a car breakdown that was carrying four players never made it to Briton Ferry. I only went along to watch as my mate used to play. One minute I'm standing on the terrace waiting for the teams to come on, the next I've got the coach asking me what size boots I wear! Five minutes later the coach hands me a pair of daps that belonged to the linesman.
    I was put up front along with the sponge man and given a false name. I was so unfit but knew we only had 11 players and I would have to play the full ninety!
    I'm a big lump at 6ft 2 and quite chunky (fat) but the two Briton Ferry lads that were marking me were huge to say the least and kicked the mother out of me. I could hear a couple of the home fans saying ''who's that number 9, he's sh1t''
    Just before half time the ball somehow came to me and I smashed it in the back of the net from all of four foot away. It gave me great pleasure to celebrate in front of the home fans who I'd heard abusing me earlier even though we were 3 nil down.
    We went on to lose 9-1, but its a day I'll never forget and always reminisce with my mate who played over a hundred games and never scored once
    Solid story.

A mate of mine has scored in the FA cup. He is shit. Proper last-man-picked shit. But he's scored in the FA cup and I haven't. So he wins.

Delmbox: Dortmund?! I'd happily play my entire career in Germany, but living there wouldn't be top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Solid story.

A mate of mine has scored in the FA cup. He is shit. Proper last-man-picked shit. But he's scored in the FA cup and I haven't. So he wins.

Delmbox: Dortmund?! I'd happily play my entire career in Germany, but living there wouldn't be top of the list.
    No, that one's not to do with living there. I just like the club, I'd go to try and knock Munich off their perch. Also their kits are always banging and playing in front of the yellow wall would be incredible

Cardiff

Ajax
    Inter Milan
    Barcelona

Cardiff
    Newport
    Wrexham

That'd do me.

Ajax

Barcelona
    Cardiff City
    Orlando City

Gamba Osaka
    Tampines Rovers
    Cardiff City

Southampton

Arsenal
    Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid

Ajax
    LA Galaxy
    Cardiff

Cardiff

Rayo Vallecano
    AEK Athens
    FC St Pauli

AS Livorno
    Club Esportiu Júpiter
    Clapton CFC

Cardiff

Ajax
    Dortmund
    Liverpool

Sporting Lisbon
    Cardiff
    Monterey

Mix of football teams I'd like to play for, always faniced living in Lisbon, and Monterey has an out of this world stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Solid story.

I played football for a team in Germany but it wasn't wasn't quite the Bundesliga. Far from it!

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
    Dortmund
    Cardiff City
    Liverpool
    Cardiff Again and retire

Banned

Barry Town (where I live)
    Nottm Forest ( team I supported in the 80s)
    Berlin (never been but want to go)
    Milan (like Italian food)
    Any team in mexico (lovely country, amazing food)
    New York (fond memories)
    Finish my career off with Swansea then , just so I can score in front of you lot

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Barry Town (where I live)
    Nottm Forest ( team I supported in the 80s)
    Berlin (never been but want to go)
    Milan (like Italian food)
    Any team in mexico (lovely country, amazing food)
    New York (fond memories)
    Finish my career off with Swansea then , just so I can score in front of you lot
    Come to Monterrey with me nuge.

(Yeah I spelled it incorrectly in my OP)

Stadiums lush mun

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Saw this on Twitter:

You play for 7 clubs: development club, big move at 21, another at 24, at 27, then three on the way down at 30 onwards. What's your career?

A mixture of great clubs to play for and lovely places to live for me:

Monaco

Dortmund
    Barcelona
    Juventus

Porto
    Cardiff City
    LA Galaxy
    Cardiff City
    RCD Mallorca
    CD Tenerife
    Málaga CF
    UD Las Palmas
    Trecco Bay FC

It's quite amazing the amount of people that are struggling with the number 7

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aw c’mon, long careers, injuries take their toll!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm still on the books at Trecco Bay mate. I'm a free agent in the summer and am hoping that Weymouth make me an offer.