Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Two replies to different threads make for interesting reading.

TOBW mentioned that he is never disappointed by this team as he never expects anything from them. I think I put myself in the same camp. Performances have hardly risen to a point where I think this team is going to win a game, let alone go on any sort of run.

Yet Shute points out that, in a league table of games played since Harris took over, we're 5th with 25 points from 15 games. That would see us very close to a top 6 finish if we continue that. In those 15 games only Millwall have lost as few games (2), so we're one of the toughest teams to beat. Defensively, taking the one-off QPR debacle out of the equation, we'd have one of best records. Scoring goals has been more of a problem, hence us drawing more games than any other teams over the same period.
Maybe because even if we do get promoted like last time, Tan didn’t really go for it, almost as if he knew he couldn’t sack a Neil but knew also he prob wouldn’t keep us up. I get he wanted to bring down our debts and attempt to make the club self sustainable but I think the general “whatever will be will be” mentality has stuck with the fan base.