+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *STORM WATCH*

Re: *STORM WATCH*

I lost a trampoline. It turned up in an oak tree. No sign of the Mrs yet though.

going to to put my food bin and green bags down. god knows where they will end up before the the bin men come in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Everyone around here has the same issue and my guess is that even if such a fence existed the cost to replace it would be astronomical. I would rather replace the odd few panels each year than to replace the lot in one go with a new type. Slatted fences should be better as they would cause less wind resistance and stop the posts from snapping. Four inch posts seem fairly resilient to snapping but as soon as they get a few years old the rot sets in making them more vulnerable to breakage. Concrete posts are stronger but look awful. Whoever thought a football forum would discuss the merits of different fence types LOL.
    Funnily enough I was discussing this with my son in law this afternoon. One of his fixed panels had become loose and I reckoned the best way to avoid this to let the wind through by having gaps in the panels. Think he is going to secure the posts better.
    Does seem a bit of an issue which surely could be resolved better.
    I have a long hedge one side and a wall the other. No panels for me, thankyou very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If the slats open, wouldn't that mean more wind through the fence and more potential to destruct it? Maybe someone might know.
    I've no idea Eric to be honest

Storm Ciara has blown the roof off the local cheese factory...

There's de brie everywhere

Its been snowing here in Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its been snowing here in Nottingham
    That’s f*ck all it’s been snowing in Derby for about three years and is being stockpiled for when a postponement is needed.

Driving back from Bristol today at about 11.30ish and a lorry overturned to the side of me on the eastbound side of the bridge, tried to stop and help but the wind was so strong it was picking my van up, i crawled across the bridge, wasn't a nice experience. Back in september i was travelling east bound on the new bridge and i saw a truck go over the side of the bridge as it got to the bottom, i was in the outside lane and the truck lost control and came towards me, i shit myself, it ended up going over the top of the barrier and the driver was killed. I'm a f ucking jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Driving back from Bristol today at about 11.30ish and a lorry overturned to the side of me on the eastbound side of the bridge, tried to stop and help but the wind was so strong it was picking my van up, i crawled across the bridge, wasn't a nice experience. Back in september i was travelling east bound on the new bridge and i saw a truck go over the side of the bridge as it got to the bottom, i was in the outside lane and the truck lost control and came towards me, i shit myself, it ended up going over the top of the barrier and the driver was killed. I'm a f ucking jinx.
    In very high winds your vehicle gets battered by stones and sand from below incredible as though this may seem given the height involved. In even higher winds the bridge is closed to high sided vehicles and in even worse conditions all vehicles irrespective of size. My guess is that since the tolls have been removed absolute closures have been reduced. It's pretty scary crossing the bridge in high winds as the above post confirms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In very high winds your vehicle gets battered by stones and sand from below incredible as though this may seem given the height involved. In even higher winds the bridge is closed to high sided vehicles and in even worse conditions all vehicles irrespective of size. My guess is that since the tolls have been removed absolute closures have been reduced. It's pretty scary crossing the bridge in high winds as the above post confirms.
    Our driver this morning sensibly got me home in 2.5 hours instead of the hour 50 it should have taken (less if you drive a bit above the limit as many do)

He said "sorry we're back late lads"

I replied "**** the apologies we were all asleep, not like you've cost us time"

Weather didn't seem that bad where I was sat night/Sunday until we got to early hours Monday when it started to hammer down. Then as I woke up briefly on the bridge I noticed the van getting a battering...