+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worse City Weather Games

Worse City Weather Games

Looking at the weather , and then thinking what was your worse experience in the crowdo on a bad weather day ??

Re: Worse City Weather Games

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looking at the weather , and then thinking what was your worse experience in the crowdo on a bad weather day ??
    Never even got to the Sheffield Wednesday game this season. Got off the bus from Barry by the lansdowne pub and within minutes was soaked through to the skin. Made my way to the Napier and saw the game on the T. V. Turns out half the pub had intended to go but had poked their head out of the door and thought nah.

Millwall home in middle 60’s 0-0 abandoned half time waterlogged pitch.

Cardiff v Mansfield Fri night? 92/93 season foggy ++ won 3~2

Off course we can't include the biblical weather freak day away at Derby ,worse weather since the ice age that one

There was a game vs Forest ruined by the wind about 15 years ago. Ended 0-0, with the ball having been up in the air for most of the game. Warnock would have loved it

Oldham fa cup game , felt sorry for those oldham fans in the open grange end as it lashed down with torrential downpours all game , hailstones and even thunder and lightening

Shrewsbury at home was another bad one , ref should have called it off

Cardiff v Brentford in FA cup game played on the muddiest pitch I've ever seen and Cardiff lost (around 50 years ago).

Worst weather on the way to a game for me was what was going to be our first ever league game on a Sunday, against Millwall, nearly drowned walking down Ninian Park Rd, fans walking back informed us it’d been postponed. Horrendous day, no dissimilar to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    There was a game vs Forest ruined by the wind about 15 years ago. Ended 0-0, with the ball having been up in the air for most of the game. Warnock would have loved it
    I remember that game well, it was a terrible game, I was soaked through and freezing cold and to cap it all the roof of Queen St station was severely damaged closing the station and making getting home by train a nightmare

Chesterfield 2 Cardiff City 2
    28/10/2000
    Not nice if you were one of the ones on the terraces, I had a seat in their family section as my lad was with me.

Oxford away open end pissed down all game stopped when the game ended

Thought I had posted this.....too many bad days to remember.......eg Ronnie Bird splashing through puddles at Ninian Park....often leaving the ball behind.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Cardiff v Brentford in FA cup game played on the muddiest pitch I've ever seen and Cardiff lost (around 50 years ago).
    2-3. I recall.

In recent times the Soton game last season. Got soaked and got a cold that lasted for ages.
    In olden times v Swindon one Boxing Day. So cold your pee froze.😀

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    In recent times the Soton game last season. Got soaked and got a cold that lasted for ages.
    In olden times v Swindon one Boxing Day. So cold your pee froze.��
    The latter game you mention must have been the one where my father had to take me home at half time as my feet were so cold I was crying!!

Late 60's/very early 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    2-3. I recall.
    Wasn’t it 0-2? There was a Weymouth FA Cup game that ended 2-3, I think, after being two up at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wasn’t it 0-2? There was a Weymouth FA Cup game that ended 2-3, I think, after being two up at half time.
    I think that Weymouth game was 1982? Can't remember exactly but I'm sure we played Chester over Christmas time and the ground was as icy as shell, probably wouldn't be on in this day and age thankfully

I remember the Mansfield match on that Friday night, we moved down the Bob bank and still could hardly see the pitch

Worst weather on the way to a game for me was what was going to be our first ever league game on a Sunday, against Millwall, nearly drowned walking down Ninian Park Rd, fans walking back informed us it’d been postponed. Horrendous day, no dissimilar to today.
    That was Crystal Palace 10th Feb. 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    That was Crystal Palace 10th Feb. 1974.
    Cheers, knew it was a London club, horrendous day.

Ajax home friendly at Ninian Park, the covered Bob Bank was closed and everyone was on the terrace. Then the heavens opened and the entire stand stormed up to shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    The latter game you mention must have been the one where my father had to take me home at half time as my feet were so cold I was crying!!

Late 60's/very early 70's?
    Yes, about then. Still shivering at the thought.

You may well be right. Memory not so good these days. If the Brentford game was about 1971, I recall a big crowd, despite a rugger match being played up the road.

The Leicester home game where Purse scored a belter of an own goal was pretty bad. Wasn't there also a game at Ninian Park in the mid 2000s when the big screen cover blew off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Millwall home in middle 60’s 0-0 abandoned half time waterlogged pitch.
    Was at that game too. I can remember Don Murray going on a sliding tackle and he threw up so much water that he seemed to disappear.