Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

  1. #1
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    English side of the Bridge
    Posts
    1,248

    Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Who, if any, will get into the play-offs?

    Currently

    7th Bristol 50pts (+2)
    8th Cardiff 46pts (0)
    9th Swans 46pts (0)

  2. #2

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    None of the above.

  3. #3

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    None of the above.
    Sounds about right.

  4. #4

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    [QUOTE=valleys caveman;5046596]None of the above.[


    Here is how the Championship table is predicted to finish:
    C) West Brom - 97pts
    P) Nottingham Forest - 85pts
    -
    3) Brentford - 84pts
    4) Leeds United - 85pts
    5) Fulham - 76pts
    6) Cardiff City - 71pts

    This computer prediction says different

    Not that i believe computers

  5. #5

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    West brom, Leeds, Brentford and Fulham are good sides, possibly forest as well. The rest of the division are much of a muchness

  6. #6

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    I'm amazed we are still so close.

    I say close but it's still a decent gap, we would still need two results for us that those above don't get and we have only once this season put together any sort of decent winning run.

    But who knows. A win at Huddersfield and we could have a slight chance.

  7. #7

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    There's a long way to go

  8. #8

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Not that I believe computers is the quote of the week for me

    I don't think any of the 3 will make the playoffs. But we all know what this league is like!

  9. #9

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post


    Here is how the Championship table is predicted to finish:
    C) West Brom - 97pts
    P) Nottingham Forest - 85pts
    -
    3) Brentford - 84pts
    4) Leeds United - 85pts
    5) Fulham - 76pts
    6) Cardiff City - 71pts

    This computer prediction says different

    Not that i believe computers
    Where?

  10. #10

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../championship/

    Another prediction that thinks not

  11. #11

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Where?

    And our supercomputer, which uses data analysis of each and every Championship club to predict future results, sees the good run continuing
    BIRMINGHAM Live (whatever that is)

  12. #12

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    The view from the bookmakers (in this case SkyBet).

    To win the Championship:

    200/1 - Bristol
    350/1 - Swansea
    500/1 - Cardiff

    To get promoted:

    18/1 - Bristol
    22/1 - Swansea
    25/1 - Cardiff

    To finish in the top 6:

    10/3 - Bristol
    6/1 - Swansea
    13/2 - Cardiff

    To finish outside the top 6:

    1/14 - Cardiff
    1/12 - Swansea
    1/5 - Bristol

  13. #13

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    And our supercomputer, which uses data analysis of each and every Championship club to predict future results, sees the good run continuing
    BIRMINGHAM Live (whatever that is)
    Googled "Birmingham live" then searched championship predictions.

    Found this

    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...nship-17641817

    . Leeds United - 86 points

    2. West Brom - 82

    ----------------------

    3. Brentford - 81

    4. Fulham - 76

    5. Nottingham Forest - 71

    6. Millwall - 69

    ---------------------

    7. Preston North End - 69

    8. Sheffield Wednesday - 67

    9. Bristol City - 67

    10. Swansea City - 67

    11. Hull City - 65

    12. Blackburn Rovers - 64

    13. Cardiff City - 64


    Then this https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...dings-17675865

    So who knows..even they don't.

  14. #14

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    [QUOTE=BLUETIT;5046786]
    Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    None of the above.[


    Here is how the Championship table is predicted to finish:
    C) West Brom - 97pts
    P) Nottingham Forest - 85pts
    -
    3) Brentford - 84pts
    4) Leeds United - 85pts
    5) Fulham - 76pts
    6) Cardiff City - 71pts

    This computer prediction says different

    Not that i believe computers
    How are leeds 4th if they have one more point than 3rd placed brentford?

  15. #15

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    [QUOTE=Toadstool;5046812]
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

    How are leeds 4th if they have one more point than 3rd placed brentford?
    Computer says no..

  16. #16
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    English side of the Bridge
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's a long way to go


    There could be a surprise team in the play-offs ... Stoke or Huddersfield or maybe even Leeds?

  17. #17

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    West brom, Leeds, Brentford and Fulham are good sides, possibly forest as well. The rest of the division are much of a muchness
    How many times have we seen the highly rated side fail , and a lesser side go up ?

  18. #18

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    [QUOTE=valleys caveman;5046814]
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Computer says no..
    What was imputed into the computer?

  19. #19

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    My 'puter say's we'll get 69 points, extrapolation says we'll get 68 points, I don't think we'll be far away, maybe only a couple of wins. 73 points is normally the cut off

  20. #20

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How many times have we seen the highly rated side fail , and a lesser side go up ?
    The last 9 sides to be promoted were:

    Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Aston Villa, Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield.

    Some bigger and some smaller sides there, but it seems to me that in recent seasons the footballing sides have a better record of getting out of this league than the more direct teams (with a few notable exceptions).
    The top 6 this season is also quite well blessed for good footballing teams.

  21. #21

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    This thread isnít worth a sook till Eric weighs in with some stats!!

  22. #22

    Re: Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea

    It’s getting close and if the wurzels draw with Leeds we will only be 5 points behind them if we beat wigan! They still have to come here.
    Great time to hit form. Very unlike a cardiff team, a new dawn or false hope? Leeds have only managed 8 points in 11 games starting when they threw away 3 up v us!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •