+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Days off. What do you do with them?

Days off. What do you do with them?

A Monday is a shit day off. Don't think there is a worse one to have.

Stuck in due to the weather, might venture to the supermarket later in the car to get food for the week. Rock n roll.

Re: Days off. What do you do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Stuck in due to the weather, might venture to the supermarket later in the car to get food for the week. Rock n roll.
    Get a pack of tissues, a Susan Boyle calendar and have some 'you' time. Carrot optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Get a pack of tissues, a Susan Boyle calendar and have some 'you' time. Carrot optional.
    Sludge incoming.

Thread ruined.

Banned

Get some slop down you.
    Waffles n beans

Fray bentos pie

Polony.

Take advantage of the missus not being there

As i know you love my stories Dembe, here you go

Well i have done 2 van loads to the local homeless charity shop, abused some gym guy as i parked infront of the gym to drop of one of the van loads, he came out shouting at me about parking infront of the gym, i pointed out i was dropping off stuff to the charity shop, he didnt care, i told him to do one

now of for a run to the recycling place ( the council tip ) with a van load

then if the rain holds off, a walk with the dogs on the plains , if it rains, i will have a hour on the xbox

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Get some slop down you.
    Waffles n beans

Fray bentos pie

Polony.

Ooooo lunch

now i fancy a baked spud and bbq jackfruit pulled "pork" ****( its on offer in tesco's, so i grabbed loads of them ) BUT baking a spud in the oven always takes ages, so might go with a baguette filled with the jackfruit bbq pulled " pork "

**** its not pork, its jackfruit

Get some slop down you.
    Waffles n beans

Fray bentos pie

Polony.

I've eaten a pot noodle sandwich if that counts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ooooo lunch

now i fancy a baked spud and bbq jackfruit pulled "pork" ****( its on offer in tesco's, so i grabbed loads of them ) BUT baking a spud in the oven always takes ages, so might go with a baguette filled with the jackfruit bbq pulled " pork "

**** its not pork, its jackfruit
    What the fack is Jack fruit?

Banned

I've eaten a pot noodle sandwich if that counts

I've never tried bread n butter with them. Are they nice

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    As i know you love my stories Dembe, here you go

Well i have done 2 van loads to the local homeless charity shop, abused some gym guy as i parked infront of the gym to drop of one of the van loads, he came out shouting at me about parking infront of the gym, i pointed out i was dropping off stuff to the charity shop, he didnt care, i told him to do one

now of for a run to the recycling place ( the council tip ) with a van load

then if the rain holds off, a walk with the dogs on the plains , if it rains, i will have a hour on the xbox
    I don't mind your stories Matt, but I also like to poke fun, it's in my nature.

I've taken books down to the charity shop. Didn't remember town is shut to cars.. had to park up and walk the boxes in. Fun.

Don't get home until Monday morning as I work weekends, so not what I wanted to be doing off 2 hours kip. Got to walk the dog another 2 times as well, might get a rest in somewhere today.

Supernoodle sandwich with loads of butter is better, but pot noodle takes away the need for washing a saucepan..so wins on a lazy day.

What the fack is Jack fruit?
    its a fruit from a jack tree

on a serious note, it has a similar texture to " pulled pork ", its a vegiie / vegan alternative to " pulled pork "

I don't mind your stories Matt, but I also like to poke fun, it's in my nature.

The first trick of the day off is don't tell the missus before hand. Make it a very last minute thing as she'll HATE the fact of you being off whilst she's in work - a long list of jobs awaits otherwise.

Then its just a choice of which pubs to visit and where to have food. Get back by 5 tho' and get the tea on for her. Will avoid the hairdryer once she gets in.

I've got the day off today too. I'm going to finish plumbing in a new bathroom sink, put new casing around the bathroom window, finish watching the second season of Westworld and make a butter chicken curry. Shame there's no game on this afternoon. It's been a pretty miserable weekend of football on the telly.

I normally crack one off but this morning I donated an old mattress a mattress topper and some clothes to the local homeless charity in bridgend

Now i am listening to five finger death punch and head banging

Assuming you live alone? If so, must be lonely. I love it when I get the house to myself, but wouldn’t like it to be everyday. I’m away with work so much (just boarded a flight to Phoenix... at least it’s hot)that I love any day off.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Assuming you live alone? If so, must be lonely. I love it when I get the house to myself, but wouldn’t like it to be everyday. I’m away with work so much (just boarded a flight to Phoenix... at least it’s hot)that I love any day off.
    Phoenix, Americas fastest growing city apparently

It's big enough as it is !

I like having a Monday off. It's nice and quiet. House to myself. I can go out and run a few errands without encountering crowds.

Youve never tried a pot noodle sandwich?

Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Phoenix, Americas fastest growing city apparently

It's big enough as it is !
    3rd trip this year so far....it’s a big place but it’s really 3 cities (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale) almost merged into one. The cities themselves are much of a muchness but the surrounding scenery is something special

3rd trip this year so far....it’s a big place but it’s really 3 cities (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale) almost merged into one. The cities themselves are much of a muchness but the surrounding scenery is something special
    A lot of rock stars live in Phoenix, Judas priest used to hang out there and ozzy has a pad in the city somewhere

Soon to be again, currently back home as my old dear couldn't live by herself but is now better. Been working Saturday and Sunday away, then either Mon to Thurs nights or Tues to Friday days traveling, 14 hour day on days due to traffic..11 if we're lucky on nights so don't do nothing midweek.

Shopping, dog walking and series catch-up if I'm off midweek, daughter on a Friday/sat

Guess who's looking for a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Youve never tried a pot noodle sandwich?

Shame on you
    Thought I was getting ripped for posting that, fair play it's panned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I normally crack one off but this morning I donated an old mattress a mattress topper and some clothes to the local homeless charity in bridgend

Now i am listening to five finger death punch and head banging
    If I were them I think I’d choose the floor ahead of a used Sludge mattress or any used Sludge bedding