+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Days off. What do you do with them?

Re: Days off. What do you do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    The first trick of the day off is don't tell the missus before hand. Make it a very last minute thing as she'll HATE the fact of you being off whilst she's in work - a long list of jobs awaits otherwise.

Then its just a choice of which pubs to visit and where to have food. Get back by 5 tho' and get the tea on for her. Will avoid the hairdryer once she gets in.
    No missus, I'm too much hard work 😂

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've got the day off today too. I'm going to finish plumbing in a new bathroom sink, put new casing around the bathroom window, finish watching the second season of Westworld and make a butter chicken curry. Shame there's no game on this afternoon. It's been a pretty miserable weekend of football on the telly.
    I've been watching Mr Robot but that's ended and I seem to be up to date with all others

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If I were them I think I’d choose the floor ahead of a used Sludge mattress or any used Sludge bedding
    It's all been power washed

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought I was getting ripped for posting that, fair play it's panned out ok.
    Noodles inside the sandwich then dip in the juice. Not too much juice though, cant have the sauce too weak.

I also like putting grated cheese in the chilli beef pot noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Noodles inside the sandwich then dip in the juice. Not too much juice though, cant have the sauce too weak.

I also like putting grated cheese in the chilli beef pot noodle.
    Dear god its fanny craddock

She was off her head mind

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dear god its fanny craddock

She was off her head mind
    Theres a certain craft to making a Pot Noodle properly, Sludgey.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its a fruit from a jack tree

on a serious note, it has a similar texture to " pulled pork ", its a vegiie / vegan alternative to " pulled pork "
    I'm veggie but Jack fruit just about the most disgusting thing I've ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    As part of reducing meat from my diet I tried tofu last night (In a stir fry). What the **** is all that about? Like eating a big block of overcooked omelette which tastes of nothing. Horrible texture.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We go to the beach near my wife’s family at Long Hai

Beautiful weather nobody on the beach.

On the way from parking the motorbike take a look at what seafood has been caught that morning. Order what we like the look of and collect a cold pack of beer

Choose our spot on the beach and wait for lunch to arrive

Stretch out and relax. Very therapeutic

We go to the beach near my wife’s family at Long Hai

Beautiful weather nobody on the beach.

On the way from parking the motorbike take a look at what seafood has been caught that morning. Order what we like the look of and collect a cold pack of beer

Choose our spot on the beach and wait for lunch to arrive

Stretch out and relax. Very therapeutic

So good we did it twice

Theres a certain craft to making a Pot Noodle properly, Sludgey.
    Not too much water and leave the lid down to keep the steaming effect going.

If you have a sandwich to dip, obviously you add more water to supplement the bread.

Not too much water and leave the lid down to keep the steaming effect going.

If you have a sandwich to dip, obviously you add more water to supplement the bread.
    Correct.

Plus, never be a hungry bastard and start dipping the bread into the sauce before it has had time to soften the noodles.

Correct.

Plus, never be a hungry bastard and start dipping the bread into the sauce before it has had time to soften the noodles.
    Goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I first had in the US 2 years ago, it was BBQ Pulled pork jackfruit on 2 seared pineapple rings, WOW, it was out of this world, the texture is so very like puled pork, i agree though, on its own its rancid, with a flavour, BBQ, Sweet Thai or Mexican, its nice, they have pouches of it prepared in tesco's at the mo, £1 a pouch, i must admit the BBQ flavour one is the best

As part of reducing meat from my diet I tried tofu last night (In a stir fry). What the **** is all that about? Like eating a big block of overcooked omelette which tastes of nothing. Horrible texture.
    you have to flavour the tofu as its cooked, it takes on other flavours very well, we have thai sweet chilli stir fry and we ( the wife or daughter ) cooks the tofu in a sweet chillie sauce first for a while, then its all slung in a pan to stir fry

Productive day overall.

Dog walked twice (soon to be 3 times)

Books taken to the charity shop, several boxes.

Better job sorted in work, less travel more pay better hours

Cooked a curry, Spanish chicken and also Bolognese for the week, pizza tonight mind..

Now to watch shite on the TV.

I always set off with good intentions but invariably turn to thoughts of jenny agutter when she was in logans run

Just eat good quality meat and enjoy it .

Banned

Youve never tried a pot noodle sandwich?

Shame on you
    I'll give it a go

Ask 'er indoors' what job she wants done, always a list!!!, do the quickest easiest job to get the brownie points, rest of the day off to study QAnon, flat earth or similar, try and remember to put the kettle on when she gets home from work, makes it more efficient for her to make me a cuppa and get a few more brownie points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Ask 'er indoors' what job she wants done, always a list!!!, do the quickest easiest job to get the brownie points, rest of the day off to study QAnon, flat earth or similar, try and remember to put the kettle on when she gets home from work, makes it more efficient for her to make me a cuppa and get a few more brownie points.
    My mother will listen to that Qanon fella and his "evidence" and has come full circle from being an admirer of Obama to now thinking he and the Clinton's drink babies blood and plan on destroying the world as we know it.

Completely bat shit crazy tbh.

Have to shut her down as soon as the conversation starts these days.

My mother will listen to that Qanon fella and his "evidence" and has come full circle from being an admirer of Obama to now thinking he and the Clinton's drink babies blood and plan on destroying the world as we know it.

Completely bat shit crazy tbh.

Have to shut her down as soon as the conversation starts these days.
    Yes, but it triggers the serious brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Yes, but it triggers the serious brigade
    Oh no doubt, but I can't listen to it now, some of what I'm told could well be true but I refuse to believe any of it now based on utter crap I've been forced to sit through previously!!

Banned

Have you been banned again?

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    As i know you love my stories Dembe, here you go

Well i have done 2 van loads to the local homeless charity shop, abused some gym guy as i parked infront of the gym to drop of one of the van loads, he came out shouting at me about parking infront of the gym, i pointed out i was dropping off stuff to the charity shop, he didnt care, i told him to do one

now of for a run to the recycling place ( the council tip ) with a van load

then if the rain holds off, a walk with the dogs on the plains , if it rains, i will have a hour on the xbox
    How do you get a van in there without paying commercial tipping rates. They only allow cars?