+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morrison ex Millwall..

Steve Morrison ex Millwall..

Re: Steve Morrison ex Millwall..

Good luck to him - and to us!

At least he should have a close working relationship with Harris, and be on the same page (unlike with previous regimes).

Probably a little bit of nepotism going on, but who cares?

What is does mean is that Harris is being true to his word by wanting to mix things up with the youth.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Probably a little bit of nepotism going on, but who cares?

What is does mean is that Harris is being true to his word by wanting to mix things up with the youth.

Might as well employ someone who is reasonably close to Harris and feel as though he can discuss things freely.

I rated Morrison as a good pro. Would have liked Hudson back myself, but I guess Harris will want someone he knows and trusts.

Let's see how it goes, probably won't directly involve us for a while but hopefully it works out in the medium to long term future.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Let's see how it goes, probably won't directly involve us for a while but hopefully it works out in the medium to long term future.
    Yes.

I'm wondering if there are any little gems in the Millwall youth?

Can he still play up front?

"Following a thorough and robust recruitment process, we've appointed the manager's mate, who's been coaching young players for more than three months. He was the stand-out candidate."

Seriously though, it does make sense for Harris to bring in his own people. It suggests the club is going to back him to a degree and he isn't the short-term appointment some of us might have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "Following a thorough and robust recruitment process, we've appointed the manager's mate, who's been coaching young players for more than three months. He was the stand-out candidate."

Seriously though, it does make sense for Harris to bring in his own people. It suggests the club is going to back him to a degree and he isn't the short-term appointment some of us might have imagined.
    That quote did make me smile, as though desperately trying to sound very professional, which we all know is actually the opposite.

By some of you I take it you are referring to yourself mr gunman ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Might as well employ someone who is reasonably close to Harris and feel as though he can discuss things freely.
    I would have done the same.

I am one that believes Harris and Morrison could be a short term appointments, though its based on contract value ,ability to move on older players / high wage contacts whilst maintain stability in the league this year .

I wonder why we didn't take on Bamba in the role perhaps he is moving on as well or his price is high ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    That quote did make me smile, as though desperately trying to sound very professional, which we all know is actually the opposite.
    It's your typical typed up statement from some office kid, probably. Try not to take the wording too seriously with some of the statements they release. After all we were shopping for a manager that would give us 25 shots a game ;)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I am one that believes Harris and Morrison could be a short term appointments, though its based on contract value ,ability to move on older players / high wage contacts whilst maintain stability in the league this year .

I wonder why we didn't take on Bamba in the role perhaps he is moving on as well or his price is high ?
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    By some of you I take it you are referring to yourself mr gunman ?
    When Harris was installed as manager, I think a good percentage of City fans believed he would be a relatively short-term appointment. Plenty of those I spoke to did. After all, Harris would have been cheap to employ by Championship standards and he brought just one member of staff with him. The fact that he appeared to be a younger and slightly more flexible version of Neil Warnock in terms of his approach to the game and his tactics meant he looked a reasonable fit considering the squad he was inheriting.

If Tan and Co are now allowing Harris to bring in one of his old Millwall cronies to run the Under-23's, then I assume they must be happy with what he's been doing so far. Therefore, it appears they intend to stick with him beyond the end of this season regardless of where the team ends up.

He's Warnock's man. I reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season.

When Harris was installed as manager, I think a good percentage of City fans believed he would be a relatively short-term appointment. Plenty of those I spoke to did. After all, Harris would have been cheap to employ by Championship standards and he brought just one member of staff with him. The fact that he appeared to be a younger and slightly more flexible version of Neil Warnock in terms of his approach to the game and his tactics meant he looked a reasonable fit considering the squad he was inheriting.

If Tan and Co are now allowing Harris to bring in one of his old Millwall cronies to run the Under-23's, then I assume they must be happy with what he's been doing so far. Therefore, it appears they intend to stick with him beyond the end of this season regardless of where the team ends up.
    Well that's not really answering the question but I am happy hes being given a fair crack of the whip

Thanks

Give him a game

Good appointment. Experienced pro. Good player.

He's Warnock's man. I reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season.
    Certainly seems the case now after this appointment.

I hear Bamba is a very decent, and well thought of man .

Certainly seems the case now after this appointment.

I hear Bamba is a very decent, and well thought of man .
    That, to me, is the big question. It was looking a while back, that Bamba was being groomed for big things at City. Now looks as if he is being sidelined. Shame. He deserves a long career in football. Intelligent and decent man.

Now that we've all learnt how to spell Bothroyd properly, can we start learning how to spell Steve (I can't spell Morison properly) Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Give him a game
    Still time for him to win the Young Player of the Year award...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Still time for him to win the Young Player of the Year award...
    I'm calling it.

This just isn't funny anymore, and hasn't been for ages.