+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villa

Villa

Just read this on Sky regarding transfer spending

"Aston Villa were also low down on the list, second only to Real, spending €172m on players following their promotion from the Championship and earning just €3m in return for an €169m balance"

That is mad considering how much they have lost in previous seasons. They just have to stay up as otherwise they are toast. I know that they can recoup a fair bit of that by selling the likes of Grealish and Mings and maybe one or two others but they are likely to struggle to compete in the Championship after that.

As was being said in another thread, the PL is not the promised land by any means and some clubs are gambling with their futures.

Re: Villa

I hope villa go down

There supporters have renamed FFP, F*ck Fair Play

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Just read this on Sky regarding transfer spending

"Aston Villa were also low down on the list, second only to Real, spending €172m on players following their promotion from the Championship and earning just €3m in return for an €169m balance"

That is mad considering how much they have lost in previous seasons. They just have to stay up as otherwise they are toast. I know that they can recoup a fair bit of that by selling the likes of Grealish and Mings and maybe one or two others but they are likely to struggle to compete in the Championship after that.

As was being said in another thread, the PL is not the promised land by any means and some clubs are gambling with their futures.
    Don’t they have very wealthy owners? Like 3rd or 4th in the PL?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t they have very wealthy owners? Like 3rd or 4th in the PL?
    Possibly but with FFP that shouldn't make any difference. I say shouldn't as it doesn't seem to apply to some clubs. Neymar and Mbappe are reportedly on a combined 5m Euros a month at PSG. How do they manage that and still comply