+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking fine

Parking fine

After a bit of advice.

Anyone got any experience with them. My mrs parked in ncp last year basically over stayed by 20 minutes(she paid for 3.5 hrs instead of 4). Have had a host of letters which have ignored.

Now had a letter from Bwlegal threatening legal action its not a massive amount about £250. CCJS etc the original balance was 160

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences the letters are all coming to me not sure if that makes a difference as not the person in question.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Parking fine

Just pay the money , get em off your back

I had a ticket for overstaying a few weeks back , it said 2 hours max , I was 40 mins over , sixty quid

Just phoned em up and paid em

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    After a bit of advice.

Anyone got any experience with them. My mrs parked in ncp last year basically over stayed by 20 minutes(she paid for 3.5 hrs instead of 4). Have had a host of letters which have ignored.

Now had a letter from Bwlegal threatening legal action its not a massive amount about £250. CCJS etc the original balance was 160

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences the letters are all coming to me not sure if that makes a difference as not the person in question.

Thanks for any advice.
    They say ignore them as they are not fines.

But do some googling, these companies ARE winning cases for a few years now.

After a bit of advice.

Thanks for any advice.
    The fines are coming to you because the car is registered in your name. The fact you were not the culprit is irrelevant.

After a bit of advice.

Thanks for any advice.
    Parking not so fine really.

Never just ignore it. The least you should be doing is checking to see if it's part of an accredited trade association sending you a fine or not before then potentially ignoring it or taking further action.

Parking tickets: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wa...rking-tickets/

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I had a ticket for overstaying a few weeks back , it said 2 hours max , I was 40 mins over , sixty quid

60 quid? Gutting!

But at least that poor sod in Northumberland who must be facing bankruptcy by now won't be getting another pay up or else demand letter.

That should teach you to always remember to attach the cloned number plates.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Didn't realise that you had to pay for parking at the times and locations you generally park up...

I had one the other week for UHW, spoke to them and got it cancelled.
    Try reading info on the money saving experts forum

You've left it a bit late, but you can appeal as it is an extortionate amount.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/se...%20fines&stp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Didn't realise that you had to pay for parking at the times and locations you generally park up...
    They are secret places , special places

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    60 quid? Gutting!

But at least that poor sod in Northumberland who must be facing bankruptcy by now won't be getting another pay up or else demand letter.

That should teach you to always remember to attach the cloned number plates.
    Slander , libel , deformation of character

It's not a fine. Private companies can't fine you. It's a charge for breach of contract. You can argue that the charge is excessive - what would be their losses by you using the space and not paying? I doubt it would be £250.