+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Passing out from the back.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Passing out from the back.

There’s nothing wrong with an accurate direct ball, Liverpool play loads of them. Our problem has always been hit and hope hoofs from the back to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with an accurate direct ball, Liverpool play loads of them. Our problem has always been hit and hope hoofs from the back to no one.
    I’d say when we went up 2 years ago we played a lot of accurate direct passes, especially earlier in that season when were blowing teams away, and it was very effective. I had hoped we would see the same again at the start of this season but we really did revert to long ball and a lot of aimless passing

I’d rather watch a more direct game with purpose than 20 passes across the back before eventually giving it back to the keeper to hoof aimlessly up the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I’d say when we went up 2 years ago we played a lot of accurate direct passes, especially earlier in that season when were blowing teams away, and it was very effective. I had hoped we would see the same again at the start of this season but we really did revert to long ball and a lot of aimless passing
    Agree with that, especially the Villa and Leeds games. Think someone got injured and we reverted to hoof ball.