+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: just putting it out there..

just putting it out there..

..to avoid any complacency that may be stirring..
    Huddersfield beat QPR two nil..we let in 6 against them.
    Wigan beat Dirty Leeds away and outplayed Boro last night. even equalising with 10 men..
    just saying

Re: just putting it out there..

Nobody here is complacent.

In a related topic, I think we'll win 7-0, with Flint smashing two penalties and Glatzel with a Hat-trick.

You're spot on. Although it works both ways too, teams can have great games followed by absolute howlers in this league.

Won't cry if we get 2 points from 2 games, as long as we don't hoof it up to someone who's skill is making space for others.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You're spot on. Although it works both ways too, teams can have great games followed by absolute howlers in this league.

Won't cry if we get 2 points from 2 games, as long as we don't hoof it up to someone who's skill is making space for others.
    If we hoof if up to paterson and he either scores or makes space or creates chances for others to score and we get a couple of wins I couldn't give a toss

We have 15 games to go , now is not the time to play pretty pretty keep ball

The Standard this season is as poor as I can remember since we arrived in this division.
    Typical luck for us that we are bang average.
    Some of the squads we’ve had over the last 15 yrs would have pissed this championship this season, but then again a lot of the teams in it could probably say the same.
    The only plus, is it makes it unpredictable and competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we hoof if up to paterson and he either scores or makes space or creates chances for others to score and we get a couple of wins I couldn't give a toss

As we know, you'll take a win at any cost and I'd like to play better with a view to changing our style. You know my opinion I know yours.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..to avoid any complacency that may be stirring..
    Huddersfield beat QPR two nil..we let in 6 against them.
    Wigan beat Dirty Leeds away and outplayed Boro last night. even equalising with 10 men..
    just saying
    The Scabs beat Weeds

Charlton beat the Scabs

It’s the time when certain players realise they don’t want promotion, as they won’t be wanted and they’ll have to move house.

Happens every year

As we know, you'll take a win at any cost and I'd like to play better with a view to changing our style. You know my opinion I know yours.
    Yeah but we have 15 games left to try and grab a play off place , it's too late to be arseing about with new formations now

We can worry about playing football next season , wherever we may end up

Yeah but we have 15 games left to try and grab a play off place , it's too late to be arseing about with new formations now

We can worry about playing football next season , wherever we may end up
    Again fella, I know your opinion on this ( it aiming to sound rude here btw)
    I know we have to go for it whilst the chance is there, but I also don't see us making it, however we play.

I also think our team is below what we need to go up and it would be another wasted promotion.

I don't get "wasted promotion", even if you go up an lose every match you get enough money over the next 4 years to make a huge difference to the club. Could be the difference between financing a class 1 academy or not.

I think next season Swansea will be £20million worse off because of parachutes payments, surely it's always worth going up just for that.

So would you rather lose tonight playing “nice” football then?

This side doesn’t have a decent enough striker to just drop Patterson currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So would you rather lose tonight playing “nice” football then?

This side doesn’t have a decent enough striker to just drop Patterson currently.
    Have to with this, everyone would rather see great football being played but I think at this stage of the season winning is much more important than completely changing the style of play.

Harris has already improved the style of play slightly imo, it’s just we don’t have a forward who can make a difference other than Paterson our strikers make it too easy for defences.

Again fella, I know your opinion on this ( it aiming to sound rude here btw)
    ****ing gimp

This is spot on, my mate who, bless him , is a Leeds fan, says they have lost 8 times in the league this season and in every game following, that team has gone on to lose their next game. Nobody has much consistency in this league!

Yep, after thirty one matches where we've entertained the whole country royally, maybe it's time to put the Champagne football on hold for another season .

Actually, I tend to agree, this squad of players have shown over those thirty one matches that they are better equipped for the second half 17/18 type football where we basically ground opponents down, but we need more than just one "matchwinner" - we could do with players like Hoilett, Paterson, Morrison and Ralls (if he ever gets fit again!) starting to score at the rate they were two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    This is spot on, my mate who, bless him , is a Leeds fan, says they have lost 8 times in the league this season and in every game following, that team has gone on to lose their next game. Nobody has much consistency in this league!
    Theyve lost 8 games and the following game the team that beat them all lost, except for Fulham, who drew their next game after Leeds.

Sheff Weds beat Leeds 2-0 at Elland Road last month then got thumped for 5 at home to Blackburn in their next game.

Crazy league.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    ****ing gimp
    Name calling. Uncalled for. Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    It's a funny old league