+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DARE TO DREAM...

DARE TO DREAM...

OF A PROMOTED CARDIFF CITY

(All it took was to drop Glatzel from the starting line-up)

Re: DARE TO DREAM...

And Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    And Whyte
    There's a point to be made there. It was clear he wasn't good enough when Warnock kept playing him. I thought that he was getting slowly and gradually a bit better. In fact, some of his performances under Harris were ok. Then Adomah comes in - a 32 year old cripple who has no pace and has lost his appetite for the game according to Forest fans. Owns the position.

I'd love Whyte to do well for us. He has heart. But he's just not good enough.

Neither is Glatzel.

We are a hard side to beat.
    Only west bro have lost fewer games than us.
    We may draw a lot but if we can turn some of those draws inti wins and still solid at the back who knows?

On reflection the 6-1 QPR loss was the best thing that could have happened. Enabled Harris to drop the undropables and really make his own mark on what had been, till then, Warnocks team.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    On reflection the 6-1 QPR loss was the best thing that could have happened. Enabled Harris to drop the undropables and really make his own mark on what had been, till then, Warnocks team.
    Remember Warnock said he’d left behind a top 2 Championship squad.... would love him to be right even if he was incapable of making it happen himself

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Likewise, who would have thought that Southampton could put a 9-0 mauling at home to Leicester behind them and turn their season around almost immediately.

Providing you have sufficient ability to be able to do that, it then becomes a mindset issue. To that end, both ourselves and the Saints cannot be faulted.

One of the best things Harris has done imo is to settle on the Morrison/Nelson pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird909 View Post
    OF A PROMOTED CARDIFF CITY

(All it took was to drop Glatzel from the starting line-up)
    Took more than that , I would add in :

Smithies as no 1 , better distribution, confidence with ball at feet,giving defenders a better pass back option.

Dropping of Flint .

Nelson improvement with Morrison .

Not picking Bamba.

Whyte sidelined.

Richards as an attacking full back with Bennett on the other side.

Morison back to his best

Tomlin superb in form

Vaulks in.

Paterson back fit as the man up front .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Took more than that , I would add in :

Smithies as no 1 , better distribution, confidence with ball at feet,giving defenders a better pass back option.

Dropping of Flint .

Nelson improvement with Morrison .

Not picking Bamba.

Whyte sidelined.

Richards as an attacking full back with Bennett on the other side.

Morison back to his best

Tomlin superb in form

Vaulks in.

Paterson back fit as the man up front .
    I do wonder if Harris, as a former striker, has been working over and above with Paterson, as he seemed less headless chicken last night but a proper target man who made some intelligent runs into the channels? He was brilliant as the 1st line of defence as well.

We must get ahead of ourselves. Would be a hell of a feat to get into the playoffs, let alone auto, from where we were.

I love that line JC
    “Drop the undroppables’’
    Class 😂👍

I think whatever happens it shows there is a squad that can be worked with. Over the summer some will need to be moved on, strengthening at least upfront and in the middle whilst bringing cover on at full back could see us have a chance next season.

Not over for this one yet but we need this run to continue Saturday and beyond.

Quite enjoyed the match last night, at times on the counter we looked very dangerous and as clinical as we were probably squandered a good few chances.

That first goal last night was a lovely move, not a hoof in sight, are we the new Swansalona?

Dropping of Flint .

This - Morrisson/Flint partnership was a bloody stupid idea

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Remember Warnock said he’d left behind a top 2 Championship squad.... would love him to be right even if he was incapable of making it happen himself
    Also the main reason we're up there is because of a player that he refused to play consistently