+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The night the rest of the Championship began to notice Cardiff City?

Re: The night the rest of the Championship began to notice Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's not in the best form is he?
    It's a real pity that Coxe didn't really grab the opportunity when he had it.
    He isn't up to it. One of the reasons I was so annoyed about Peltier and Sanderson, is seemingly we've let our best right back go for nothing and replaced him with a kid to back up someone who clearly isn't good enough. This combined with the division being one of the poorest ever means it really is a hard one to get your head around. I'd play Bacuna, myself. Jazz passed the pall directly to their attacking players about 4 times last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He isn't up to it. One of the reasons I was so annoyed about Peltier and Sanderson, is seemingly we've let our best right back go for nothing and replaced him with a kid to back up someone who clearly isn't good enough. This combined with the division being one of the poorest ever means it really is a hard one to get your head around. I'd play Bacuna, myself. Jazz passed the pall directly to their attacking players about 4 times last night.
    One of the reasons I'm mostly annoyed about it bus I had a series of jokes about Coxe forcing his way into the number 2 slot

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    One of the reasons I'm mostly annoyed about it bus I had a series of jokes about Coxe forcing his way into the number 2 slot
    joking aside, he has been trying to get balls into both slots

Everybody needs to calm down

the division being one of the poorest ever
    When was the last season someone didn't say this?

I think we looked very professional against a poor side ,its been an age where I've seen a game and felt we were not going to lose it and seened so in control on the filed of play .

Yes we played a poor side , however under NW we played equally poor sides ,and didn't look that comfortable , lets not forget Huddersfield were on a winning recovery run , surely progress has made and we must recognise that Harris has improved us ,and put something extra into our game .

Harris has tried a number of team selections whilst not losing many games ( thats not easy ) he has made bold decisions in dropping Flint, Etheridge, Glatzel , Whyte , seeing Madine and Pelts through the door , investing in Tomlin ,Vaulks, Smithies, Paterson up front and stuck with young Nelson at the back .

Brad Smith and Dion Sanderson are yet to be seen , both are good defensive footballers and not long ball hoofers.

Interesting times , I do think he encourages more passing than Warnock , love to find that fact out to test my theory ??.

Well one things for sure , there is a lot less moaning on this board than a few weeks back

The facts are clear we are in with a chance of grabbing a play off place

I would rather be in that position than stoke's

Why do you say that Sanderson is clearly not good enough? No one's seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well one things for sure , there is a lot less moaning on this board than a few weeks back

The facts are clear we are in with a chance of grabbing a play off place

I would rather be in that position than stoke's
    We still have to play 6 of the team's above us, so it is possible, but I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Let's see what happens when come up against the better teams who are also fighting for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really?!? What on earth leads you to that conclusion?

I'd agree that Stoke's position in the table is something of a mystery as they've looked quite a bit better than that every time I've watched them, but Huddersfield are a truly poor side. Lightweight, over-elaborate on the ball, no cutting edge up front, weak and disorganised in defence.

I haven't seen Luton or Barnsley play this season, but I've watched Huddersfield on several occasions and they look comfortably the worst side I've seen. For a team as physically strong and organised as City usually are, they are the perfect opponents.

Only two sides in the division have scored fewer goals than Huddersfield this season and last night demonstrated why. People complain about Glatzel on a regular basis, but he looks great compared to Mounie. Huddersfield apparently paid Ł11.5 million-plus for him, which is astonishing. He's an awful player.

After a poor start, City's overall performance last night was decent. They thoroughly deserved a three-goal victory, but they didn't have to do a great deal to achieve it other than stay organised and take the chances that they created. Let's not pretend Huddersfield were anything other than terrible, because they weren't.

....yet they beat QPR and Hull..drew against Brentford and lost narrowly 2.3 to Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do you say that Sanderson is clearly not good enough? No one's seen him play.
    He said Richards isn’t good enough, not Sanderson.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ....yet they beat QPR and Hull..drew against Brentford and lost narrowly 2.3 to Fulham
    They’re clearly a brilliant side and my eyes deceived me last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We still have to play 6 of the team's above us, so it is possible, but I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Let's see what happens when come up against the better teams who are also fighting for promotion.
    We should have no fear though should we? We’ve beaten and drawn with the top two of those six, which is no mean feat, especially the point at Elland Rd when we were dead & buried. The lads must be on a high at the moment, nothing like a bit of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We should have no fear though should we? We’ve beaten and drawn with the top two of those six, which is no mean feat, especially the point at Elland Rd when we were dead & buried. The lads must be on a high at the moment, nothing like a bit of confidence.
    I see them as being 6 cup finals, so it will all come down to consistency, which hasn't been all that great over the course of the season. Let's hope that we have turned the corner, and are now able to string a few results together

He said Richards isn’t good enough, not Sanderson.
    Oh right. I need to read more slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's true this year though. One team are only just beginning to pull clear because the teams below them are dropping points and falling into the pack. Which is a pretty big pack at the moment. 3 points separate the next 5. And 3 points separate the next 5.

You are better off watching eastenders

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are better off watching eastenders
    What division they in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Forest at home soon....big game

It's true this year though. One team are only just beginning to pull clear because the teams below them are dropping points and falling into the pack. Which is a pretty big pack at the moment. 3 points separate the next 5. And 3 points separate the next 5.
    Or it means the league is more competitive. Usually the team who finish first end up a good few points ahead of second whilst second fight off 3rd and maybe 4th. Happened last year and happened the year we went up too.

It's still going to require 70+ points to end up in the top 6, which is the norm for this league.

The division is tightly packed with bang average teams, pretty much from top to bottom. I am sure Huddersfield are like the rest and sometimes play well and sometimes play poorly. No doubt we were good and they were poor last night, as they were in the games you watched. I am sure the same players played a lot better in their run of recent result. Play the game again next week and the result could be 3-0 to them instead if the roles are reversed.

People say form is temporary but class is permanent. There is no class in this division, just form. Normally there is a team like Wolves, Norwich, Newcastle that are both organised and talented and they piss it. Not this year. Which is why, despite looking nothing like a promotion team, we might still get promoted. **** the EPL, this division is nuts.

I'm usually a great defender of the qualities of the Championship but nobody is going at 2 points a game. I think it's probably as good as it normally is but there's no outstanding side. If you look at the year we went up, there was Wolves, us, Fulham and Villa. All of those sides would walk it this season.

As TLG says, I meant Richards. I hope Sanderson is class but WOL have got a fair bit right recently (even a stopped clock is right twice a day) but they seem to think he's backup to Richards and Harris regularly praises Jazz and I can't for the life of me work out how he can see past his glaring weaknesses.

every season we do well I think ? its called being in denial

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    The division is tightly packed with bang average teams, pretty much from top to bottom. I am sure Huddersfield are like the rest and sometimes play well and sometimes play poorly. No doubt we were good and they were poor last night, as they were in the games you watched. I am sure the same players played a lot better in their run of recent result. Play the game again next week and the result could be 3-0 to them instead if the roles are reversed.

People say form is temporary but class is permanent. There is no class in this division, just form. Normally there is a team like Wolves, Norwich, Newcastle that are both organised and talented and they piss it. Not this year. Which is why, despite looking nothing like a promotion team, we might still get promoted. **** the EPL, this division is nuts.
    Huddersfield were poor Wednesday night and that was a fact , but isn't that the very nature of the Championship up one moment ,then a average game , then down the next and then back up , the table sort of supports this theory as most side in the top 12 are two to three wins from being second or in the play offs .

Up until Wednesday the Owls had a decent draw with Brentford , beat Hull away , went very close to drawing 3-3 with Fulham , beat QPR who slaughtered us ??