+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Harris

Neil Harris

Record under Warnock:

P16 W4 D7 L5 - 19 Points (Good enough for 17th currently based on PPG)

Record under Harris:

P16 W8 D6 L2 - 30 Points (Good enough for 2nd based on PPG)

I think it's about time Harris starts to get credit from the stubborn lot on here who haven't really given him a chance since his appointment. Don't get me wrong I know it's not all negative but the poor bloke hasn't had a fair crack of the whip.

- No team have lost fewer during Harris' reign

- A few players shipped out

- Seems to be playing marginally better football and has found the best XI given the squad he was given

- Wins against West Brom, Forest and 3 goal comeback vs Leeds

I'm not saying NH is Clough reincarnated, but it's about time we really get behind Harris, as he has really earned it, let's be fair who would do a better job considering the mess left behind? I can't think of one name.

Re: Neil Harris

Couldn't agree more - and I was acting like a right spoilt child when we appointed him. He's doing a great job.

Don't see too many moaning about him IMO

I wasn't a big fan of his appointment but starting to warm to him. I also like the appointment of Morrison as under 23s coach considering the relationship between him and Harris. I think that's a clever move. If he continues in the same vein and introduces youth then he could become one of my favourite managers.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't see too many moaning about him IMO
    Maybe not moaning per se, but you don't need to moan to not be on board with or get behind him. I've seen posts as recently as a few days ago comparing this appointment to the Slade era which by in large is an unfair jibe at the work Harris has done. The only similarity at the moment is the need to cut some of the larger wages in the squad and zilch to do with what's happening on the pitch. I just think we are guilty on here of needing managers to over exceed expectations before we give them a chance, instead of being proved someone isn't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    Maybe not moaning per se, but you don't need to moan to not be on board with or get behind him. I've seen posts as recently as a few days ago comparing this appointment to the Slade era which by in large is an unfair jibe at the work Harris has done. The only similarity at the moment is the need to cut some of the larger wages in the squad and zilch to do with what's happening on the pitch. I just think we are guilty on here of needing managers to over exceed expectations before we give them a chance, instead of being proved someone isn't up to it.
    You're right fella.

I wasn't ecstatic when he came but I soon came round as he comes across well and generally talks well (not all the time as some will point out)

I'm not over the moon with all his selections but we are definitely moving in the right direction with results and are showing the odd good performance and patches in other games of what we are capable of.
    Tomlin is full of it, Murphy seems to have a little confidence back, and although I'm not a fan of him in the position Paterson seems destined to improve up top.

If NH can get us up he won't care what Dembe on the internet thinks, so you can't blame him for picking a team to do the job he's been given.

I've called for changes as I didn't think we would make a sustained push for a PO spot, so I was ready to look to next season (my faith wasn't as strong as some) but game by game it's coming along.

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of his appointment but starting to warm to him. I also like the appointment of Morrison as under 23s coach considering the relationship between him and Harris. I think that's a clever move. If he continues in the same vein and introduces youth then he could become one of my favourite managers.
    I did say we only saw Mayembe due to injuries, and it seems I was right. I think we will see youth but it will be a dribble rather than a flood. He's under pressure to take us up and not all managers will risk kids in these circumstances, and I think NH is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I did say we only saw Mayembe due to injuries, and it seems I was right. I think we will see youth but it will be a dribble rather than a flood. He's under pressure to take us up and not all managers will risk kids in these circumstances, and I think NH is one of them.
    Agreed but if the youngsters are good enough I'd expect Harris to have the balls to play them which would be a massive improvement on Warnock.

I think the football has massively improved under him too, last night’s game was very watchable

Record under Warnock:

Record under Harris:

I think it's about time Harris starts to get credit from the stubborn lot on here who haven't really given him a chance since his appointment. Don't get me wrong I know it's not all negative but the poor bloke hasn't had a fair crack of the whip.

- Seems to be playing marginally better football and has found the best XI given the squad he was given

I'm not saying NH is Clough reincarnated, but it's about time we really get behind Harris, as he has really earned it, let's be fair who would do a better job considering the mess left behind? I can't think of one name.
    Agree with the overall sentiment but Warnock had 21 points from 16 games (W5 D6 L5) when he left when we were 14th in the league. So Harris has gathered 28 points (W7 D7 L2) in his time here. Still a highly creditable 5th best in the League over that period particularly as 9 of those games were away compared with 7 at home, managing all the 4 away wins we have had this season.

So we have 8 homes and 6 aways left. In the 7 games in charge at home we have only scored 8 goals, conceding 5. If we are to be genuine challengers Harris needs to find the key to unlock teams defending more cautiously at the CCS as well as we seem to have done on the road (QPR, Brentford and Leeds first half apart).

Anyone who says we haven't improved since he took over is just a hater at this point.

Its not harris fault that half the team is full of cloggers.

Ed: that's warnocks fault

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Its not harris fault that half the team is full of cloggers.

Ed: that's warnocks fault
    I saw no cloggers on the pitch last night so hardly a team full isit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I thought we played some decent stuff last night, didn't see many hopeless hoofs up field at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought we played some decent stuff last night, didn't see many hopeless hoofs up field at all.
    There were a few but its to be expected with Paterson leading the line. There was also times we got it down and played and could have scored more. The move which led to our first was lovely link play between Jazz-Adomah-Tomlin and the sublime through ball and finish was superb.

Harris has built the team around Tomlin and its getting rewards.

We were so unbalanced earlier in the season. On the right wing we either had the out of form Mendez Laing, the erratic Whyte or Paterson (who isn't a winger). With Adomah in the side we have genuine width which stretches teams wide open at times.

It seems as though Harris has found an 11 he is comfortable with, so let's build on that. The big crowds will come back soon if we can keep this up.

We're definitely heading in the righht direction. A lot more composure on the ball. Some neat passing. Although, a better team could have punished us in the first 30 minutes last night. If we had a proper striker we could be a really dangerous team. I know Glatzel has not really done anything, but I still can't see how Paterson gets in the team ahead of him. He should have got at least 25 minutes last night.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There were a few but its to be expected with Paterson leading the line. There was also times we got it down and played and could have scored more. The move which led to our first was lovely link play between Jazz-Adomah-Tomlin and the sublime through ball and finish was superb.

Harris has built the team around Tomlin and its getting rewards.
    But he can’t play 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're definitely heading in the righht direction. A lot more composure on the ball. Some neat passing. Although, a better team could have punished us in the first 30 minutes last night. If we had a proper striker we could be a really dangerous team. I know Glatzel has not really done anything, but I still can't see how Paterson gets in the team ahead of him. He should have got at least 25 minutes last night.
    Paterson gets in ahead of him as hes a miles better player. We need better long term though.

We need a couple of new strikers this summer. Ward is ok cover.

Record under Warnock:

Record under Harris:

You're right, I was hugely underwhelmed when he was appointed, as I was with the transfer window but he couldn't have done much more really. I'm looking forward to matches again

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    i said half ....team played well last night. we've bought some proper rubbish and thats no secret.

Hes doing a great job and those who were having a dig at him and his tactics and substitutions know exactly who they are and so do those of us who have always supported the manager

We all have different opinions but some people just like to snipe and criticise from afar

Just talking to one of the fans who went up last night , the team spirit and performance was evident and the whole team played their part

Well done harris

I didn't rate him when he came in and results like the one at QPR kind of confirmed my feelings on it.

I am warming to him though and the majority of results, last night especially, are very good and we are showing progression from the Warnock spell this season.
    I also like the way he hasn't been too shy in wielding the axe when pulling the likes of Flint out of the team and there has been a direct upturn in defensive performances.

A long way to go yet but he has gone quite some way to changing my opinion on him.

Neil Harris Barmy Army

I think Harris is doing OK at the moment. But if I didn't, why would I have to get behind the manager? Do you get behid the Prime Minister when you don't agree with their tactics? I don't.