+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Harris

Re: Neil Harris

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think Harris is doing OK at the moment. But if I didn't, why would I have to get behind the manager? Do you get behid the Prime Minister when you don't agree with their tactics? I don't.
    No but people don't tend to die when Harris gets it wrong

I think Harris is doing OK at the moment. But if I didn't, why would I have to get behind the manager? Do you get behid the Prime Minister when you don't agree with their tactics? I don't.
    Henry Rollins supported the troops but not bush

This is what I mean though as it shows a touch of narrowmindedness. People will find any reason not to support Harris as we love to moan and gripe. To clarify under Harris reign he has:

-Been brave in his selections, dropping Flint and thus finding our best/most consistent partnership (Morrison/Nelson)
    -Given confidence to players who never really had a sniff under Warnock and it's paying off (Tomlin/Vaulks/Recently Murphy)
    -Marginally better football on display (Ball is not hoofed any where near as much as it was, fullbacks getting forward, Tomlin on the ball more frequently)
    -NOTICEABLY better results
    -Uptick in introduction of youth plus the talk of upgrading our academy
    -Reduced wage bill

Let's not forget he's done all this with a workmanlike squad left by Warnock with clearly with no financial support in January as we need to trim the squad. I honestly believe he's gone over and above what I expect given what was left behind. My gripe isn't that people aren't allowed to criticise (I too was underwhelmed with his appointment) but rather we find anything to whinge about instead of get behind and appreciate the work he has done thus far. If it turns sour then so be it you can bookmark it and give me a told you so, but until I'm given a reason to believe that will happen, I'm getting behind a manager who has been excellent for us so far.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No but people don't tend to die when Harris gets it wrong

I think the reaction from the qpr result says a lot.

Could easily have struggled to recover from something like that. The team and performance was all over the place.

He's made changes, put trust in others and most importantly has us organised.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Henry Rollins supported the troops but not bush
    Everyone supported the troops. It wasn't their fault. They do what they're told.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    This is what I mean though as it shows a touch of narrowmindedness. People will find any reason not to support Harris as we love to moan and gripe. To clarify under Harris reign he has:

-Been brave in his selections, dropping Flint and thus finding our best/most consistent partnership (Morrison/Nelson)
    -Given confidence to players who never really had a sniff under Warnock and it's paying off (Tomlin/Vaulks/Recently Murphy)
    -Marginally better football on display (Ball is not hoofed any where near as much as it was, fullbacks getting forward, Tomlin on the ball more frequently)
    -NOTICEABLY better results
    -Uptick in introduction of youth plus the talk of upgrading our academy
    -Reduced wage bill

Let's not forget he's done all this with a workmanlike squad left by Warnock with clearly with no financial support in January as we need to trim the squad. I honestly believe he's gone over and above what I expect given what was left behind. My gripe isn't that people aren't allowed to criticise (I too was underwhelmed with his appointment) but rather we find anything to whinge about instead of get behind and appreciate the work he has done thus far. If it turns sour then so be it you can bookmark it and give me a told you so, but until I'm given a reason to believe that will happen, I'm getting behind a manager who has been excellent for us so far.
    Why is narrow-minded? I do support Harris as I think he's doing a decent job.

If I thought he was doing poorly, I would not be in support of that. Makes sense to me.