Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 WIGAN: Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 WIGAN: Match thread

Saturday February 15th, ko 3:00pm.

Match officials:

Referee: JOHN BROOKS
    Assistants: Robert Hyde and Sam Lewis
    Fourth Official : Ollie Yates

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN: Match thread

Perhaps our biggest opponent will be the weather. Going to he very wet and windy. Bound to be an awful game with mistakes galore(nothing new there did I hear you say?).
    Another game for City to stand up and be counted.

Wigan will be no pushover. Recent away form better than home. Beat Weeds last time out, although if the Jack's can beat them, so can we.

Would a postponement suit us? If other results go for us, a home game in hand may be a bit of an advantage. I don’t fancy a farce of a match in shocking conditions (Rather selfishly I also don’t want to get wet & blown to smithereens before & after the game)

I want to say the same team but given the short rest changes will happen.

Smithies

Richards
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Vaulks
    Bacuna

Tomlin
    Paterson
    Hoilett

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would a postponement suit us? If other results go for us, a home game in hand may be a bit of an advantage. I don’t fancy a farce of a match in shocking conditions (Rather selfishly I also don’t want to get wet & blown to smithereens before & after the game)
    I'd be very surprised if game called off.
    Afraid you're going to get wet again Splott

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    If it isn’t called off in advance- and it would be sensible to do so - it could well get abandoned for player and public safety.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    The absolutely sacred Sky 4pm game was called off last Sunday, shows that clubs and the FA/League are wary of the possibility of storm damage endangering fans’ safety.

I think theres a strong chance of a postponement tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think theres a strong chance of a postponement tomorrow.
    Make a decision before Wigan fans leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Make a decision before Wigan fans leave!
    I cant see it being postponed.

Cardiff City will look to extend their unbeaten league run to seven matches when they host struggling Wigan.

Manager Neil Harris kept an unchanged squad for Wednesday's 3-0 win at Huddersfield and may opt to do so again on their return to home soil.

Wigan centre-back Chey Dunkley is suspended after being sent off in Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough.

Full-back Antonee Robinson, who almost joined Italian giants AC Milan in January, is out with a groin problem.

Match facts

• Cardiff have won two of their last 15 league games against Wigan (W2 D6 L7), winning both games in the 2014-15 season.
    • This will be Wigan's first away league visit to Cardiff since October 2016, winning 1-0 via a Jordi Gomez goal.
    • Cardiff are unbeaten in all nine home games under Neil Harris in all competitions (W3 D6), with their last home defeat coming in Neil Warnock's last game in charge against Bristol City.
    • Wigan have won two of their last three away Championship games (L1), one more than they'd won in their previous 34 away league games (W1 D9 L24).
    • Cardiff's Lee Tomlin has more goals (7) and assists (7) than any of his team-mates in the Championship this season.

Neil Harris:

'It’s the same Wigan team that won at Leeds last week.

'I went to the game on Tuesday evening to watch them against Middlesbrough and they put in a fine display until the red card.

'They’ve got individual players who can cause you problems, but we focus on ourselves.'

Being selfish, I'd welcome a postponement because I can't make it today - it's a bit early to ask yet, but anyone know if the game's being streamed?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Being selfish, I'd welcome a postponement because I can't make it today - it's a bit early to ask yet, but anyone know if the game's being streamed?
    See, you moved up there Paul & bit of bad weather & your stranded for days, I trust you’ve got milk & bread?

See, you moved up there Paul & bit of bad weather & your stranded for days, I trust you’ve got milk & bread?
    A combination of more car trouble and concerns about the trains have made me decide to give it a miss - it's true, I would definitely still be going if I was living in Cardiff.

I see this morning's Academy game at Leckwith is underway, so I think this afternoon's match will probably go ahead

A combination of more car trouble and concerns about the trains have made me decide to give it a miss - it's true, I would definitely still be going if I was living in Cardiff.

I see this morning's Academy game at Leckwith is underway, so I think this afternoon's match will probably go ahead
    The weather hasn’t been a problem this morning, just another wet Saturday but it’s forecast to go up a notch through the day, a few notches in fact. If it does go ahead, if what’s being forecast is spot on, let’s hope the game doesn’t become a farce.

Not too bad down West in Pembs. (11.15 forecast)Windy but nowhere near as bad as last week and no more rain than showery.
    Cardiff weather usually follows ours.

Been bucketing down all morning up here.

Pi$$ing down in St Mellons, not too windy.

Cardiff (CCS) just tweeted that there's NO inspection planned, game on, bring your coats

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Cardiff (CCS) just tweeted that there's NO inspection planned, game on, bring your coats
    Will be a bit of a lottery with wind and rain, I was hoping it would be postponed !

Try the club website via a VPN.

We don't want this called off. We're on a roll and another win would get us closer to the playoffs. Come on City!