Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Don't get me wrong.
I agree stupid prices are being asked.
I said 'No' to Joe Bonamassa this year, having paid £90 -£100 for his last two gigs. Love his music, but that was salty.
Also, declined Beth Hart this year having seen her in 2019 and didn't like her set, nor the acoustic band who supported her.
But I don't begrudge £63 for Beck, nor the £90 I paid to see Purple. These were one-off chances to see guys I reverence.
Just hope he don't come out on a mobility scooter.
I know what you mean his guitar playing on flash with rod Stewart on vocals on people get ready theres a train a coming is sublime

I paid 70 quid to see the original sabbath at milton Keynes bowl in 98 , with tool supporting , and it was fantastic , but I knew then it was time they called it a day , ozzy looked on his last legs then

TOOL I love but I am not sure I would pay big money to see them again , I saw them in 2006 at the CIA and it was sixty quid then !

Things like the download festival or Glastonbury are like a short holiday and you dont mind paying a whack for that , although I dont do festivals anymore but a one off show for close on 100 quid ? Its pushing it a bit , and my days of all day concerts with a big headliner , like sabbath in 98 are long gone , I am too knackered by the time the main band comes on