+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jeff Beck at St Davids Hall 25 May 2020

Jeff Beck at St Davids Hall 25 May 2020

His first mini-UK-tour since 2018
    Tickets start at £183! but most of stalls are £63
    As at this moment I estimate that only 20% are left in the stalls. The seats are going as I view the screen.
    Booked my seat. I think I am right behind TLG who is in the £183 seats.
    Hope he ain't wearing his stetson

Re: Jeff Beck at St Davids Hall 25 May 2020

One of the greatest guitarists of all time

But I wouldnt pay those sort of prices if he was playing in my back garden

Complete rip off , the greedy old git

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    One of the greatest guitarists of all time

But I wouldnt pay those sort of prices if he was playing in my back garden

Complete rip off , the greedy old git
    You wouldn't pay £63 to sit within 10 yards of Jeff Beck for his set?
    Just think how much a one-hour guitar lesson is these days.
    You can't really be a fan.
    Doubt he'll ever play Cardiff again - so prolly never to be repeated chance to see/hear a master of his instrument.
    85% of tickets in stalls gone now - and the tickets aren't on general release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You wouldn't pay £63 to sit within 10 yards of Jeff Beck for his set?
    Just think how much a one-hour guitar lesson is these days.
    You can't really be a fan.
    Doubt he'll ever play Cardiff again - so prolly never to be repeated chance to see/hear a master of his instrument.
    85% of tickets in stalls gone now - and the tickets aren't on general release.
    I think flash is a great album , hes a great guitarist but I am not a hardcore fan

I think live music is a rip off these days , I paid fifty quid to see peter gabriel a few years back and whilst it was a great show , that was pricey

If TOOL tour again I would pay to watch them but if the only seats were say 90 quid I wouldnt bother

Don't get me wrong.
    I agree stupid prices are being asked.
    I said 'No' to Joe Bonamassa this year, having paid £90 -£100 for his last two gigs. Love his music, but that was salty.
    Also, declined Beth Hart this year having seen her in 2019 and didn't like her set, nor the acoustic band who supported her.
    But I don't begrudge £63 for Beck, nor the £90 I paid to see Purple. These were one-off chances to see guys I reverence.
    Just hope he don't come out on a mobility scooter.

Don't get me wrong.
    I agree stupid prices are being asked.
    I said 'No' to Joe Bonamassa this year, having paid £90 -£100 for his last two gigs. Love his music, but that was salty.
    Also, declined Beth Hart this year having seen her in 2019 and didn't like her set, nor the acoustic band who supported her.
    But I don't begrudge £63 for Beck, nor the £90 I paid to see Purple. These were one-off chances to see guys I reverence.
    Just hope he don't come out on a mobility scooter.
    I know what you mean his guitar playing on flash with rod Stewart on vocals on people get ready theres a train a coming is sublime

I paid 70 quid to see the original sabbath at milton Keynes bowl in 98 , with tool supporting , and it was fantastic , but I knew then it was time they called it a day , ozzy looked on his last legs then

TOOL I love but I am not sure I would pay big money to see them again , I saw them in 2006 at the CIA and it was sixty quid then !

Things like the download festival or Glastonbury are like a short holiday and you dont mind paying a whack for that , although I dont do festivals anymore but a one off show for close on 100 quid ? Its pushing it a bit , and my days of all day concerts with a big headliner , like sabbath in 98 are long gone , I am too knackered by the time the main band comes on

His first mini-UK-tour since 2018
    Tickets start at £183! but most of stalls are £63
    As at this moment I estimate that only 20% are left in the stalls. The seats are going as I view the screen.
    Booked my seat. I think I am right behind TLG who is in the £183 seats.
    Hope he ain't wearing his stetson
    Can't quite get my ahead around that line.

Saw him play on his very first appearance for the Yardbirds in the 1960's when he replaced Eric Clapton. A couple of years later he almost died with a very bad bout of meningitis but survived. Since then some of his playing has got a bit weird as witnessed on You Tube but he is highly regarded and judging by those prices he commands a ticket premium. I wouldn't mind seeing him again though but not at those prices.

I love led zeppelin but page learnt his art from jeff beck , cant think of another more influential british rock guitarist , steve Hackett, Richard Thompson on the folk side I suppose

The email I had from SDH said tickets don't go on sale until 10am tomorrow. I was waiting until then to look.
    [edit] It was a facebook post I saw that said that. If I'd been in the club and had an email then I could have booked early. I'll just have to wait and see what is left tomorrow

loved this album
    great guitarist and writer

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    loved this album
    great guitarist and writer
    He's one of the greats that I haven't see live. I've see Clapton and Page so I really want to add him to the list. I just hope there are tickets left at 10am tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He's one of the greats that I haven't see live. I've see Clapton and Page so I really want to add him to the list. I just hope there are tickets left at 10am tomorrow.
    It was weird. I had an alert from SDH yesterday (as I'm on the mailing list) to say that I could book pre(general)sale tickets from 11.00 this morning (Friends of SDH got in even earlier). I logged on about 10.45 and managed to book then for some reason.

Just looked at the plan and there are at this moment about 60 £63 seats left - but they may go before the morning of course.

Why don't you try joining the mailing list and see if you can get in that way. Don't know if that'll work but it's worth a punt.

I saw Beck Bogart and Appice at the
    Colston hall.That will do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I saw Beck Bogart and Appice at the
    Colston hall.That will do for me.
    Carmen Appice the sometime sabbath session drummer ?

It was weird. I had an alert from SDH yesterday (as I'm on the mailing list) to say that I could book pre(general)sale tickets from 11.00 this morning (Friends of SDH got in even earlier). I logged on about 10.45 and managed to book then for some reason.

Just looked at the plan and there are at this moment about 60 £63 seats left - but they may go before the morning of course.

Why don't you try joining the mailing list and see if you can get in that way. Don't know if that'll work but it's worth a punt.
    It says on the website you had to be on the mailing list before 12th Feb to get in early

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can't quite get my ahead around that line.
    Bloody rock star capitalism

Got a ticket this morning £63 in the stalls. He better be on top form

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Got a ticket this morning £63 in the stalls. He better be on top form

Saw about 16.00 that there was only one seat at £63 left in the stalls.
    I see Beck will have a day off before the gig, so hope he'll be on form