+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Chancellor required.

New Chancellor required.

Sajid Javid was offered the chance of staying on as Chancellor on conditions he sacked all of his advisors - he refused to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-51487171

I'd been surprised at some of the names who'd been sacked earlier, but this seems extraordinary in a new Government with a big majority - there's a budget in four weeks time!

Re: New Chancellor required.

Boris/Cummings are trying to turn Government into a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sajid Javid was offered the chance of staying on as Chancellor on conditions he sacked all of his advisors - he refused to do so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-51487171

I'd been surprised at some of the names who'd been sacked earlier, but this seems extraordinary in a new Government with a big majority - there's a budget in four weeks time!
    I would have thought most organisations or business are likely to have something like this ready for months .

I think its a move to see civil servants moved away and advisers / accountants bankers types taking over ,its new way probably driven by Cummings who greatly dislikes the Whitehall Government model .

If this was a business or cooperation would they not run the same model ?

we may now see less leaks ?

The chancellor v the PM office has always been a battle ground over the decades maybe this brings in collaborative working with nos 10 and 11 being as one ?

I'm guessing we will now see more borrowing to fund those big infrastructure promises / projects Boris has made , quite Corbyn 'borrow' like which is ironic .

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Boris/Cummings are trying to turn Government into a dictatorship.
    Blair / Campbell ??

Boris will spend a bit of money on the poor for a while then shit on them

It always tickles me when .gov has a Budget. For the rest of us it means spending less than what comes in. Britain has an 1,800 billion quid national debt because politicians are incapable of balancing a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It always tickles me when .gov has a Budget. For the rest of us it means spending less than what comes in. Britain has an 1,800 billion quid national debt because politicians are incapable of balancing a budget.
    If they try and balance the books and not rely on credit , it will mean pain and we know what the headlines will read.